Absolute beginner - Yamaha YPG-235 question

gdsmithtx

• Members

Wanting to learn a bit of keyboard, I just picked up an inexpensive digital "piano", the Yamaha YPG-235, for less than $150. It's pretty nice, but the left speaker produces a distinct, unmusical "buzz" along with the note(s), especially in the lower registers. It sounds as if there's a perhaps a problem with the speaker (damaged/not connected properly/etc.). I don't want to bust the thing open and check out the problem.

The buzz doesn't come through the right speaker, and the sound through headphones is great.

My question is this: what decent powered 2.1 computer speakers would sound good with this setup? I'm looking at the Altec Lansing VS4621 Octane 7 2.1, the Edifier M3200 2.1, the Cyber Acoustics CA-3810 38 Watt 2.1 and the Cyber Acoustics CA-3908 2.1.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Members

In that case, any of the speaker systems you proposed should be okay for amplifying the piano enough to learn with. I'm not experienced with any of them but the Altec Lansing, which promises a lot of bass response might be a bit too boomy. Is there any chance you can try before you buy?

Archived