Roland VK8M Organ Module

morty77

• Members

Anyone familiar with this module?..... I have a 88 key Digital piano and would like to use the register presets on the organ module (up 1 octave)while playing lower 1 octave on the piano

Can I do this & how do I do this? any help would be appreciated.

• Members

A quick run through on the manual doesn't turn up anything that would allow you to play an incoming MIDI signal an octave up. That can often be done on a controller keyboard, but a typical digital piano usually has pretty limited MIDI implementation. But remember that the sound of the module is comprised of several tones that can be controlled by the draw bars and that the registrations are set up for upper, lower and pedal keyboards. Between those to features you just might be able to get what you after if you can put the part you want on the same MIDI channel your piano is transmitting on. Better yet, if you keyboard can transmit on multiple channels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

On the PC3 go to setup mode, on the CH/PRG page set the destination to MIDI, on the KEY/VEL page set the transpose to 12ST. This will send the MIDI data one octave up. The OP doesn't specify the model keyboard they are using so it would be difficult to understand if it is possible on that model. I don't believe you can set the VK8m to receive one octave higher than being transmitted from the source so it would probably need to be done from the source keyboard.

Archived