Any StudioLogic Numa Stage or Organ Out There?

• Members

Numa Organ has no piano/EP/clav sounds. However, since it has a button that turns off its organ sound and enables its MIDI transmission, you could MIDI it to even something like an iPhone or iPad for some basic piano/EP/clav sounds. You can feed the audio from that device back into the Numa Organ, so you can do this without having to add a mixer (or an amp that has multiple inputs).

Numa Stage has a couple of uninspiring preset organ sounds. They can get you through some organ stuff in a pinch, but it's not at all like the Numa Organ.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
What reliability problems? IIRC' date=' there was a QC issue with units having problems out of the box, but assuming you don't have an initial issue, they don't seem prone to failure, as far as I've seen.[/quote']

I gathered the NUMA had reliability problems from lurking at the Keyboard Corner. Guess I didn't read closely enough. FWIW, my SK1 hasn't been faultless in that regard, with a key losing touch sensitivity. Maybe the key contact just got dirty from being set up at a .smoky club uncovered, but that is not a problem I have encountered often, even with a decade of playing a lot of gigs at the same club.

The Numa Organ 2 is intriguing but I'm pretty happy with the SK1.

• Members

FWIW I own the Hammond SK2 and it's been gigged with many times and is totally reliable. The cool thing is that you can assign a piano/EP/clav etc. to the bottom manual while having the drawbar organ sounds on the top manual. That makes it a multi-keyboard rig in one unit.

Archived