Roland D50 socket replacement help needed please.

EdRedfern

• Members

Hi there all.

I'm new here so please bear with me. my name's ed, I'm a blind studio guy / gigging musician with expertise in various synths. Over the years I've repaired a few interesting examples, etc.

I've acquired a Roland D50 which is a 220V model from Venice through a UK seller, however, as is the case, the cable is missing but the unit is working. My intention is to replace the 2 pin socket with a 3 Pin IEC C13 standard socket and I would appreciate any assistance from any members who have done this as to reminding me which wire goes where as in switch wire (black and transformer wire (white) as to which way they go on a 3 pin IEC and which direction the IEC stands as to earth up or down.

If someone could please describe this to me or walk me through this then my assistant can help me with this.

cheers.

ed

• Members

hi and thanks for the info, however still a little phased by this. lol. now have all parts available, with the synth upside down, should the earth pin in the IEC socket be down to floor or up to me? just in case this goes wrong. the service manual gives no clear wiring specification other than an electronics path diagram. no description. I've been advised not to earth the machine otherwise there will be a hum going to my recording gear. as most D50's I've worked with use a 2 pin (IEC figure 8 config) using the C13 spec is fine for me but just want to be completely sure. any photos for my P.A to see?

Archived