Korg TR Keyboards, Why So MIDI Insane?

ggm1960

• Members

I think Tritons were the same. These things flood a MOTU MTP interface like a Southeast Asian tsunami unless you switch MIDI clock to external in which case you can't use the arpeggio functions. What a load of crap! Anyone ever find a workaround for these dumbass things?

Greg

• Members

I agree. I'm very disappointed in my M3's MIDI implementation. And that is not the only thing I'm unhappy about w/the M3. If it were not for KARMA - I would never buy KORG. My next synth will probably be a KRONOS -- but only because of KARMA. When KORG drops KARMA -- I drop KORG.

Roland and Yamaha are much better at basic MIDI rompler stuff that KORG

doesn't seem to care about. A Roland synth with KARMA won't happen.

But it would be a dream-come-true for me.

• Members
Sounds like you need to filter out the Active Sensing messages. All the boxes from MIDI Solutions filter out Active Sensing' date=' except their Thru boxes (and their power adapter), so one of those might be the simplest way to do it.[/quote']

I took a good look at what's going on using Midi Monitor while I had ClockWorks Muting page open. There's a {censored}load of timing data coming out of the Korg of course while all else but the MTP AV unit itself is quiet. Interestingly Active Sensing was muted on all 8 ports apparently by default but when I muted "Realtime" on the Korg's input port it choked off the splooge dead away. I muted Midi Time Code on that port as well just for good measure even though I'm pretty certain that isn't an issue. After playing around for a while on some patches and combis it looks like this may currently be an acceptable solution for my multi-keyboard DP8 controlled setup.

Archived