Questions about the Roland INTEGRA-7.

gpaaib

• Members

What kind of guitars are you looking for? Acoustic? Electric?

They sound pretty good on these videos. Strumming on an acoustic guitar

is more difficult for synths to reproduce IMO. But even older synths can do a decent job on finger-picked acoustic guitar samples or slides.

Dunno if you checked these out.

[video=youtube;k7iQZH-tUuQ]

[video=youtube;isy5vOjzX4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isy5vOjzX4s

• Members

I own a Roland FA-08 the sound engine is the same as the Intergra 7 just 2,000 sounds instead of the 6,000 in the module.

It has the very same guitar patches, they are the best guitar sounds I have ever heard come out of any keyboard. They even modeled harmonics and bends and the lower octaves sound like a muffled strum.

• Members
I own a Roland FA-08 the sound engine is the same as the Intergra 7 just 2,000 sounds instead of the 6,000 in the module.

It has the very same guitar patches, they are the best guitar sounds I have ever heard come out of any keyboard. They even modeled harmonics and bends and the lower octaves sound like a muffled strum.

The FA-08 and the Integra 7 both have high quality SuperNatural acoustic guitars. However, the Integra also has the SuperNatural electric guitars, the FA does not. The electric guitar sounds in the FA are from the XV-5080. Which isn't to say they are bad, but they are not state of the art (the XV-5080 came out in 2000).

• Members
My first question would be: I wonder what the 4' date='000 sounds in the[/font'] module.

The differences in the sounds of the FA vs. the Integra basically boils down to this:

* Both have the classic Roland rompler sounds of the XV-5080.

* Both have the SuperNatural organ (clonewheel)

* Both have the SuperNatural VA synth (kind of stacked Roland Gaia synths)

* The Integra has all of Roland's highest quality SuperNatural acoustic sounds, the FA has only a handful (piano, EPs, clav, acoustic/electric bass, acoustic guitar, ensemble strings). This is probably the most significant differences, as these are Roland's newest, highest quality acoustic instrument emulations. The ones that Integra has that FA is missing include: vibes, marimba, harp, sitar, accordions, harmonica, tympani, solo brass (trumpet, trombone, french horn, saxes, etc.), winds (oboe, bassoon, clarinets, piccolo, flutes), solo strings (violin, viola, cello), elec guitar, glockenspiel, xylophone, tubular bells, steel drums, choirs, bagpipes, plus others that can be selectively loaded into virtual slots (including ethnic tones, and more in the way of brass, winds, acous/elec guitars and bass). The removal of most of the best, most resource-intensive sounds from the Integra is probably responsible for a big part of the price difference between the FA and Integra. Of course there are versions of most or all of these instruments in the basic XV-5080 soundset, but those are older low memory samples without behavior emulations.

* The Integra comes with the sounds from the 12 SRX expansion cards, and you can load up to four cards' worth at once into the virtual slots; whereas the FA doesn't come with the SRX sounds, but some of them (and presumably, eventually, most/all of them) can be downloaded from the Axial web site, though you can load only up to two cards' worth of them at once instead of four.

* The Integra has an additional 512 mb bank of high quality PCM/GM2 sounds that can be loaded into the virtual slots.

Archived