Hammond SK1 plus NEO VENT Help...

• Members

I am about to upgrade my organ clone situation, a parent is traveling abroad and I am considering asking him to buy a Neo Ventilator.

I 've used a Nord Electro 3 for years and many times I've been about to change it ( once I wanted to get a XK3c but the operation failed< most of these instruments can't be found in my country so it's always an importation issue…).

To sum up, I NEED to have a better organ feel ( not so stiff as the NE ) and sound ( not so compressed sounding ).

Is adding a Vent to a SK1 ( which i tried and judged its action smoother than NE, not its leslie sim, for which i thought of the Vent ) a better set to achieve this?

Also, would I make it by buying just the MINI VENT for organ in addition to the SK1?

I ask this to you because I can't try this things here.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Agustin

• Members

Part of your problem is the NE doesn't feel like a real console, well to some it might but one of the SK or the new XK1C organs would be a better bet. Why not get one of the new Ventilators. I just got one from Ashby.

• Members

Hi Outkaster, so you say you use one of these boards with the Vent, isn't it? ( I asume from what you say that you've had a Nord in the past... yes, I can tell my technique and enjoyment has reached a limit with the NE, and my few B3 experiences tell me there should be something better, actionwise and in sound ).

As i posted, to save some money I am thinking of buying the Mini Vent, do you know if the bigger Vent II will sound better to make it worthwhile spending that amount?.

Archived