DX7IIFD keys

• Members

Did you guys know that the DX7IIFD keys pop off and pop back on?

When they pop off they kinda dangle where they go but you can snap them back on.....I bought my second DX7IIFD several years ago and the guy shipped it in a hard shell case that it kinda flopped around in and it didn't fit in as tightly as it should....the case also doesn't have the large foam block that presses down on the keys like some do (it SHOULD have that).....when it arrived almost all the keys had popped off and I thought it was ruined but I popped them all back on one by one and it's always worked fine

with zero problems (the aftertouch doesn't work) but my previous DX7IIFD's aftertouch didn't work either.....

I wonder how many other boards are like that.....I know Yamaha has made the keys for other boards too (I think some Korgs) and maybe others....I think Yamaha and Korg were kinda connected at one time and shared technology.....

I think Samick makes guitars for a lot of companies also (or they used to).....

I think my DX-100 keys might pop off too and pop back on (I seem to remember that they do).....

Actually, keys that pop off is a pretty smart idea because if they suffer an impact, they will pop off instead of break and you can pop them back on and they are as good as new.....

Archived