Classical question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • CMS Author

I suggest that now learn all of Shubert's symphonic works but concentrate only on works in 4/4 and exclusively high notes. That way you cover the complete sonic spectrum and also create a nice metric chaos with 4 against 3. In the next century, critics will consider you brilliant.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

is a joke. One note per bar? ... two... three... four....

no wait, just three...

As for actually learning Chopin, I struggle even with Bach which admittedly poses fingering and coordination issues but nothing like the rest of the literature that requires jumping registers on the fly, pretty much blind.

Still waiting on the instructors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • CMS Author

Hey 101, it's about time for some traffic of any sort in this forum. I starting working for HC as a contributing editor at the beginning of the year and we would love to get the forums popping again here. What are some things content wise or discussion wise that would be interesting and perhaps generate some better traffic? Thanks for your input

• Members

Lol. I might be the last person you should ask about content. I think I have musically relevant concerns but unfortunately, they'd bomb and be filler at best. Regardless, aside from the standard new gear info and speaking of free stuff, what I'd most like to see is written out jazz piano; two staffs, fully voiced and notated. Robert Doerschuk once posted his piano arrangement of The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting ...) in Keyboard magazine. Having the actual notes was so much more enlightening and effective than the standard fake chart and modal suggestions.

That's me anyway.

• 2 months later...

Archived