No announcement yet.

Classical question.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical question.

Hi there! Over the past 20 years, I have learned all the Chopin waltzes but only the low notes. I'm thinking this is taking too long. Any pointers?

Hi Dendy
    Last edited by 1001gear; 05-02-2014, 01:11 AM.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

I suggest that now learn all of Shubert's symphonic works but concentrate only on works in 4/4 and exclusively high notes. That way you cover the complete sonic spectrum and also create a nice metric chaos with 4 against 3. In the next century, critics will consider you brilliant.

Comment

Hey thanks! I'll try that!

Comment

What do you mean by all the low notes 1001? The bass clef only? Why not learn the complete waltz. Both treble and bass clef.
        Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!

Comment

is a joke. One note per bar? ... two... three... four....

no wait, just three...

As for actually learning Chopin, I struggle even with Bach which admittedly poses fingering and coordination issues but nothing like the rest of the literature that requires jumping registers on the fly, pretty much blind.

Still waiting on the instructors.

Comment

Oh, dopey me... As for Chopin, start with the Preludes. The famous E Minor Prelude is a good one to start with.
            Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!

Comment

What are you trying to accomplish and why?
              "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

Here? Some traffic maybe. Seems piano and the literature is too much for web chat.

Comment

Hey 101, it's about time for some traffic of any sort in this forum. I starting working for HC as a contributing editor at the beginning of the year and we would love to get the forums popping again here. What are some things content wise or discussion wise that would be interesting and perhaps generate some better traffic? Thanks for your input

Comment

Lol. I might be the last person you should ask about content. I think I have musically relevant concerns but unfortunately, they'd bomb and be filler at best. Regardless, aside from the standard new gear info and speaking of free stuff, what I'd most like to see is written out jazz piano; two staffs, fully voiced and notated. Robert Doerschuk once posted his piano arrangement of The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting ...) in Keyboard magazine. Having the actual notes was so much more enlightening and effective than the standard fake chart and modal suggestions.

That's me anyway.

Comment

Nice Discussion

Comment

Da mo, da Meria.

Comment

Working...
                        X