Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently purchased a Line 6 Variax 600 and Pod X3 Live. Dig 'em. I went to L6.com and downloaded Workbench, Gearbox, Monkey, drivers and Java Runtime Environment. I burned all these to cd-r and loaded them into the computer into which I'm running my signals. This computer doesn't have an internet connection. The Gearbox loaded and pulls up just fine. However, when I try to access Workbench, (one of the main reasons I bought all this stuff in the first place) all I get is an annoying 'can't find valid Java' type of message. My question is; Do I have to have an internet connection for drivers/firmware to use Workbench?
    I'm using an hp media center pc with a pentium 4 running at about 2.5 Ghz and 2gb of ram.

Make sure you are using the JRE version of 1.5. You can download it here:
    http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=12839

Workbench has a problem with the latest versions of the Java Runtime Environment.
    I roll on Shabaz.

Comment

Thanks for all of the great info on the subject. I have been blown away by the vesatility of my Variax and the Gearbox software. I can't wait to try the Workbench. It is easy to justify with the wife because it has really curbed my horse trading like Guitar habit!

Any caveats for a Vista 64 user?
      ZZedmonds

Larrivee Deluxe C10 Cutaway
      Fender Tele
      Custom Fender Strat
      PRS Custom Semi Hollowbody
      Line 6 Variax 600 Sunburst
      Traveler Pro Guitar
      Line 6 KB37
      VOX AD60VTX Amp
      VOX VC12 Pedalboard
      Orange Crush10 Amp
      Too many Boss Pedals to mention!

Comment

i love my variax, so versatile

Comment

Hi Anderton, just wanted to thank you for your posts...still handy in 2009 for those of us who joined the POD party late. The patches posted earlier in the thread are great.

Comment

Sold mine years ago

Comment

I have been using workbench for years. But I have installed it into Vista 64. The main page shows up but I can't view the editor. Anyone have the same issue?

Comment

Hi Anderton, just wanted to thank you for your posts...still handy in 2009 for those of us who joined the POD party late. The patches posted earlier in the thread are great.

You're very welcome!

Yes, I have a very cool job
                N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I have been using workbench for years. But I have installed it into Vista 64. The main page shows up but I can't view the editor. Anyone have the same issue?
                  The WB seems to be very particular to which Java RTE you're using. I have JS2SE 5.0 Update 4 32-bit on my Vista 64 machine, and WB works fine. Later versions (including 64-bit) didn't work for me.
                  NO!

Comment

I have a Hagstrom 335 clone and am tempted to put S.D. P-Rails into it.

Seemed natural to plug the variax 600 into workbench and build the on-line equivalent to test it out.

Sounds great: P.A.F. HB's, P-90's and single coils all in a 335 through the xtl and a 5:25 mesa. Now to try it out in the band setting

You have to like what you can do with a variax, a line 6 pedal board and workbench
                    Hagstrom Viking> Line 6 XTL> Mesa Express 5:25> Peavey one by 12 cabinet
                    Fender telecaster > Crate Power block > whatever is around

www.homebymidnight.com

Comment

• Since I didn't hear anything from NAMM and LINE 6 hasn't posted any new information, has anyone heard about the progress of the next generation of Variax electronics?

Comment

• I bought an used variax 600 and it come with the RJ45 cable, just the cable. I don't have any POD or USB adaptor. So, the cable become useless or can I do some editing with the cable directly into pc?

Comment

• You need a line6 device with a VDI.

Vetta amps, pod xt lives, pod x3 lives and the Variax USB interface have them. One need one of these devices to use workbench.
                          Download my instrumental album at music.steamtheory.com or http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/steamtheory2

Comment

Working...
                          X