Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoreGuitars

Well it works now! I had a few problems, I got some problems with midi interference from my keyboard, and for some reason it crashed a couple times. (A message came up to disengage gigastudio), so I did, and the firmware update worked.

BTW, This is the "Free" version!!!
    After that it went thru without a hitch. This is really cool!

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it to work. Have fun and keep us posted.

Rich at Line 6

Comment

This is really great. I think it is worth it even if you only use the alternate tunings. I also like putting the bass strings down an octave, it gets a pretty good stand up bass sound when using the acoustic model. The possibilities are tremendous.

How do I save the "workbench" guitar in my PODxtL presets?

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton
        I’ve never really been into alternate tunings that much; it’s just too much hassle to tune and then retune, and I always thought it was kind of excessive to keep extra guitars around for specific tunings.
        it's time for conclusions.

Uh Hi greg! I hope you is wail. Im is goode! I'm nicer to cats these days , cause uh, I'm a believer and that ain't no monkey business there! ahahaha!
        I have had many guitars for alternate tunings cause I too believe it's a lot of hassle to set up an axe for, uh say open D on medium strangs tuned to D from standard and then attempt to retune it to open something else. maddening to me sometimes. maddening i say!
        so I just get me an axe for each tuning i use. ahhh!
        three or four at least. you know live and all that.
        at least.
        studio same ting. Saves hossle and wear and tear on arells noggin-juices...
        sure wish there was some sort of un-complicated and non-boggy program that would satisfy those um demons of mine.
        okay greg you won this round but i'll be back, !.
        Thanks for lettin' me share!

Comment

Fri, I go downtown and decide on a purchase of the Variax 600 or 700 series.. I'm not sure which but it'll be one of em to compliment my XT Live! My tounge is hanging out like my dogs!
          Rich, while you're here... I run Nuendo 3 (ASIO) on my system, is there any way of running the USB output of the XT Live (ASIO) inside of Nuendo??? I like the idea of all digital until the speakers! But I use a Tascam Firewire 1884 and it seems I can do one or the other, but not both... Even if I could enable only a stereo channel in Nuendo of the XTL that would save yet another couple cables to goof around with.
          Thanks
          Brian
          http://www.reverbnation.com/brianreynolds

Guitars
          Fender Tele
          Ibanez RG 770
          Fender Strat
          Martin DX
          Baldwin 12

Rig
          Marshall JVM 215c
          AxeFX II
          Mac Pro 2008
          Logic
          Fx's x'1000
          Audio Intruments x's 1000
          Roland TD 8

Smile if your not wearing panties

Comment

Got my Variax... Wooohooo, man this thing rawks! Cool. Those Acoustic guitars are incredibly clear

Guitars
            Fender Tele
            Ibanez RG 770
            Fender Strat
            Martin DX
            Baldwin 12

Rig
            Marshall JVM 215c
            AxeFX II
            Mac Pro 2008
            Logic
            Fx's x'1000
            Roland TD 8

Comment

One thing on the update is that my guitar shows up in the workbench as a variax 300. But I have a 600. Everything works great just shows up wrong! Coooooollllll!

Guitars
              Fender Tele
              Ibanez RG 770
              Fender Strat
              Martin DX
              Baldwin 12

Rig
              Marshall JVM 215c
              AxeFX II
              Mac Pro 2008
              Logic
              Fx's x'1000
              Roland TD 8

Comment

Do you guys get a check from Line6 to spew this crap? Your fine with Lime6 till something breaks & it will!
                I don't feel tardy!

Comment

<<Do you guys get a check from Line6 to spew this crap? Your fine with Lime6 till something breaks & it will!>>

No, we just take care of our gear. So far I've owned (in order):

AX212
                  Pod
                  Pod xt
                  Variax
                  Vetta II

They all still work perfectly, and some of the gear has been abused on transatlantic trips to weird european club gigs.
                  CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I have a FM-4, DL-4, DM-4, MM-4, POD 2.0 with floorboard, Bass POD, POD XT Live and Variax 300. None has died on me yet.

And I have Roto and a Liquid Flange on order.

Comment

Okay, the thread's winding down...I'll be closing and unsticking it soon. If you have any more questions/comments, now's the time.
                      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

One cool option was to get a bass line down, I detuned the whole guitar down an octave. then the touch of the strings doesn't change but the sound came out an octave lower. It sound surprisingly good. Have to say being a guitar player, I could lay down a track quick. Not sure if I'd leave that take on a studio album but she's still sitting in the mix quite well right now.
                        Cool.

Guitars
                        Fender Tele
                        Ibanez RG 770
                        Fender Strat
                        Martin DX
                        Baldwin 12

Rig
                        Marshall JVM 215c
                        AxeFX II
                        Mac Pro 2008
                        Logic
                        Fx's x'1000
                        Roland TD 8

Comment

Originally posted by seclusion
                          One cool option was to get a bass line down, I detuned the whole guitar down an octave. then the touch of the strings doesn't change but the sound came out an octave lower. It sound surprisingly good. Have to say being a guitar player, I could lay down a track quick. Not sure if I'd leave that take on a studio album but she's still sitting in the mix quite well right now.
                          Cool.

I tried this using the acoustic guitar, I got a believable upright bass sound.

Comment

What's Line6 paying you?
                            I don't feel tardy!

Comment

Craig, please, would you lost some words on comparison of the new frimware's sounds to their predecessors? People tend to say that acoustic models have got worse with 3.xx version... This is something that still prevents me from purchasing WB. I trust your ears. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_FL
                                What's Line6 paying you?

Give it a rest, jerk off...

Comment

Working...
                                X