Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey. Been using this thread as a reference for playing with the trial version of Rapture, with an eye towards purchasing the Pro Suite from Cakewalk. I realize there haven't been any posts here for a while, but was hoping someone could lend some insight into the possibility of what I'm trying to do.

Basically, I'm looking to bring recorded samples into Rapture as elements, setting loop points for each element and possibly sequencing multiple elements one after the other in the same instrument.

Example 1: Bring in a "yo" recording, and loop the "o" sound, but not the "y-" sound

Example 2: Bring in a "y-" sound and an "o" sound and sequence the two one after the other, with the "o" repeating.

I know that there was an example posted of multiple elements fading into one another, but I haven't been able to get the same effect with custom-loaded WAV files. Of course, this may simply be due to my lack of experience with the program itself.

The one thing that has me baffled in general is that all of the WAV files in the Rapture directories auto-loop, but custom-loaded WAV files do not. This may be due to the length of the file, but I may also be overlooking something extremely simple.

I'm sure this thread is one that I'll look back on months from now with a good amount of forehead-slapping but, for now, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Setup: Rapture Web Trial running through MiniHost

Comment

• From what I understand Cakewalk is a good program for the "beginner" recording artist, it takes out all the know-how of a Digi board user and put's it into a format that you can fiddle with without having to worry about messing something up. From what I've read Rapture sounds like a good alternative for people that can't fork out the cash for those who don't have the money to fork out for the "better" program.

Comment

• From what I've read Rapture sounds like a good alternative for people that can't fork out the cash for those who don't have the money to fork out for the "better" program.

Rapture is a virtual instrument, not a sequencer, and it won a MIPA award. I don't know of any program that's a "better" version of Rapture...
        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• MezzoForte:

I think what you really want is DropZone. It allows you to drop in a wave file and control pitch and the looping portion of the wave file. You might be interested in RXP as well. Both are Cakewalk products. A quick search didn't reveal any stand alone trial version of either, though I didn't dig in too deeply.

Comment

• I used delay times on the envelope to do the "wave sequencing" type of patches.

The one thing that has me baffled in general is that all of the WAV files in the Rapture directories auto-loop, but custom-loaded WAV files do not. This may be due to the length of the file, but I may also be overlooking something extremely simple.

There is a limitation on how long a wavetable can be, but you can get around this by creating an SFZ format file with your WAVs.
            N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• From what I understand Cakewalk is a good program for the "beginner" recording artist, it takes out all the know-how of a Digi board user and put's it into a format that you can fiddle with without having to worry about messing something up. From what I've read Rapture sounds like a good alternative for people that can't fork out the cash for those who don't have the money to fork out for the "better" program.

Cakewalk is the name of the company.

They make all levels of Software from
              beginner level to Pro.

Their Pro level Sequencer is called SONAR.

Rapture is a softsynth not a sequencer.

Many people believe Rapture's audio engine to
              be the best on the market.

Comment

Working...
              X