Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I entered that message from work on an XP machine so I didn't have the process in front of me. Here is the path to follow for Win 7:

[COLOR="blue"]Start[COLOR="black"] / Computer[COLOR="black"] / System Properties[COLOR="black"] / Device Manager[COLOR="black"] / IEEE1394 Bus Host Controllers[COLOR="black"] /

1. Right Click on your specific controller on the list.

2. Select "Update Driver Software"

3. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

4. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

5. Make sure that the "Show Compatible Hardware" box is checked.

6. Find the second iteration of your model, the one with the "(Legacy)" tag appended to the end and Select it (highlighted).

7. Click "Next".

8. Windows installs the driver and reports success, click on close and exit all open windows on-screen. You are done!

This is the "magic bullet" that allowed my Mackie Onyx Satellite to work with my IEEE1394b (Texas Instrument chipset) card under Windows Home Premium 64-bit. I hope this helps someone. I found enough raw info on a Mackie forum to do this but it wasn't prominent, it was buried!

Steve
    Visit my Music Man amplifier site!

Comment

• Thank you!
      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• The legacy driver seems to be pretty inconsistent for people. It absolutely did NOT work with my system. I'm running Windows Home 64-bit with a TI-chipset (I also tried other chipsets). Ultimately, the satellite just wasn't consistently compatible with my system. It would drop the connection for any number of reasons no matter which driver I was using. Buyer beware if you're using Win 7.
        Grind
        http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

• Thanks for the heads-up. While I haven't spotted any problems in my system (admittedly, a newly installed "clean" system) I am keeping my eyes open for difficulties.

[COLOR="navy"]One extra note: It just occurred to me that I saw that someone had problems with the Aero Graphic interface in Win 7 (and in Windows Vista apparently). To be on the safe side, I selected a "Classic" user-interface that bypasses the resource-hogging Aero interface. It isn't as pretty (and looks more like XP) but it is a low resource-drag design that might have helped stability in this matter on my system.

Steve

Comment

• FWIW...I was installing Arturia's 32-bit Analog Factory with 64-bit Windows 7, and could not get it to work with any program. I asked Arturia and they said it wouldn't work with a 64-bit OS and host, and Cakewalk said the same thing when I inquired about getting it to show up in Sonar. But, then I installed it as an administrator and went for compatibility mode with XP SP3 - and it works perfectly. The mysteries of Windows 7...some programs just want to pretend they're not running under Windows 7
            CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• ...some programs just want to pretend they're not running under Windows 7

LOL! I am becoming even more convinced that all these Windows versions are simply DOS 6.22 with an elaborate security program to prevent you from finding out and they simply change the user interface occasionally in order to harvest our money!

Steve

Comment

• does anybody know where i can get the driver for my Mackie Onyx Satellite for xp?

Comment

• Google is your friend...

I found it in 10 seconds and it is located on their website:

http://www.mackie.com/products/satellite/update.html

Steve

Comment

• yeah...ya gotta unzip it before ya install!!! but thanks all the same.

as it happens its still isnt working. laptop cant find the driver when device is connected.

Comment

Working...
                    X