Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimbolercio
    I would know from the experts if the quoted part written by Jake West is true. Is it true that i can't use, for example, 2 distortion at the same time OR , for example, 1 chorus + 1 octaver at the same time??

That's true. Look again at the interface on the first page of this thread, and you'll see that you can only have 1 distortion or 1 modulation effect (chorus, octaver, flanger, etc.) per stage, or module. So you can't have 2 distortions, but you could have octaver/delay/reverb, but not octaver + chorus, because they occupy the same stage.

But for the price, and considering you get USB recording, a drum machine, and a built-in expression pedal, it's still a pretty good deal.

Caio e in bocca al lupo!
    Jon Chappell
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
    Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

Comment

Where can i find a list of what the presets are supposed to be emulating.
      I know some are obvious but to me others are just baffling about who or what they are trying to be.

Comment

found it.
        RTFM

-- [edit] Or you can go to the first page of this post! --Jon C.

Comment

Well I bought one based on this review and I am pretty happy with it. However I wonder if someone here could tell me if I have a problem with mine. When I plug it in to the computer via the USB I cannot get any output to my computer speakers, not even from movies, mp3's, anything.

Once the PR250 is plugged in, all sound output on the computer can be heard from the headphones plugged into the RP, but nothing from my computer speakers.

Is this how it is designed? I guess I'll have to try to find a way to direct connect some computer speakers to the line outs of the RP250. I wonder if the speaker line outputs from the PR250 are compatable with computer powered speakers? (obviously I will need a 1/4 adapter at the least)

The unit is really a lot of fun to play with and the sounds (at least through my headphones) are really, really good.
          FREE DCinDC!!!

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's damn near sig worthy

but seriously, don't you think just maybe, possibly, quite interestingly enough, it could be YOU?

My gear:
          2008 Fender American standard strat
          Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
          Fender Deluxe Players Strat - FOR SALE
          SX SST62 - FOR SALE
          Custom made Tele
          Fender Super Champ XD - Amazing amp
          Vox AC4TV - Love it
          Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
          Squier Classic vibe 50's Tele AND strat!! (strat is FOR SALE)

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. The sound output is directed to the RP250. You have to manually change it in the volume control settings to re-direct it while the RP is plugged in.
            Memeber of the Blues Brigade

Comment

How did you redirect it? I can't seem to access any volume or sound controls when the RP250 is plugged in. All the menu choices are grayed out when it is plugged in.
              FREE DCinDC!!!

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's damn near sig worthy

but seriously, don't you think just maybe, possibly, quite interestingly enough, it could be YOU?

My gear:
              2008 Fender American standard strat
              Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
              Fender Deluxe Players Strat - FOR SALE
              SX SST62 - FOR SALE
              Custom made Tele
              Fender Super Champ XD - Amazing amp
              Vox AC4TV - Love it
              Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
              Squier Classic vibe 50's Tele AND strat!! (strat is FOR SALE)

Comment

When the RP is plugged in, some computers automatically set it as the default sound card. To change this after it is plugged in:
                Go to "Control Panel".
                Go to "Sounds and Audio Devices".
                Select the "Audio" tab.
                Under "Sound playback" select the soundcard you want to route the audio to as the default device.
                Click OK.

This should route audio output to your soundcard and you should be able to hear the audio through your monitors.

Comment

Hey, gorno:

Thanks for the good, instructive advice. Your first post? It's so well thought-out and helpful. Most people have to work up to that!

Welcome to HC and the Pro Review forum!
                  Jon Chappell

Comment

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie in every sense of the word. I just wanted to say that this thread by far has the best information on the RP250. I researched it before I bought one this December with my first electric guitar. I knew I needed one because I'm a tech head on a budget and knew that a good multi-effects pedal would give me countless hours of fun and entertainment as well as would save a ton of money on effects pedals.

After reading this thread, I decided to download X-edit, update my RP250, and play with the computer interface a bit. I was amazed at the number of controls this pedal has to offer. I spent an hour playing with the noisegate settings alone. I know you can do this with the dials of the RP250 directly, but it's hidden in the matrix and hard to figure out. With X-edit, every setting is right there looking at you and it's very easy to figure out the differences between all the presets.

One note about updating, I applied the update and upgraded the RP250 from ver 1.5 to 1.7. I followed the directions and ended up with frozen device even after power cycling numerous times. To get it unfrozen, I had to do a factory reset by turning the device on with the STORE button held down. When it says FACTREST (or something to that effect), you let go of the STORE button and it'll start flashing. Then you press and hold the STORE button again and the redout will say "RESTORED", and you'll have a reset RP250 with it's factory settings restored.

Just wanted to let you guys know because you have to update before running X-Edit2, and it may result in you having to loose all your custom presets or "patches". So update before you do too much to it.

Anyway, thanks for such an informative thread, I now know that I made the right choice

Comment

• Yes, a factory reset is required after performing the 1.7 upgrade. Hopefully you backed up your custom setting first, than all you have to do is restore them. Works straight away. It's in the instructions on how to perform the upgrade.

BTW, you a member of the RP250 forum on the Digitech site? Could always use some fresh blood over there -
                      Memeber of the Blues Brigade

Comment

• I updated my rp250 and didn't have to factory reset.

However, I did it wrong; I updated the hardware before updating the USB drivers. It seemed to update the hardware fine; it exhibits 1.7 after recycling.

I then installed the USB drivers, and then X-edit 2.1.9.

Xedit would not recognize the device, so I disconnected the RP250, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted my computer, then ran the USB installer again. I recycled the RP250 again, and everything runs fine, with all my old presets still installed.

I'm not recommending this, mind you, YMMV, but everything seems to be working now as it is supposed to....
                        "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
                        http://www.flamencochuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quicksilver544
                          Yes, a factory reset is required after performing the 1.7 upgrade. Hopefully you backed up your custom setting first, than all you have to do is restore them. Works straight away. It's in the instructions on how to perform the upgrade.

BTW, you a member of the RP250 forum on the Digitech site? Could always use some fresh blood over there -

No sir. Whenever I went over there I just got lost. The forum is very difficult to find and when you find it, it isn't very functional. I'm used to Invision/phpbb/vBulletin boards like this one. I wouldn't have anything to contribute anyway. I'm here mostly to lurk and learn as much as I can.

I didn't lose anything in the update. I don't know tone from a hole in the ground.

Comment

• Does anyone know what was changed from firmware 1.6 to 1.7 and XEdit from 1.2 to 2.1?
                            "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
                            http://www.flamencochuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quicksilver544
                              Yes, a factory reset is required after performing the 1.7 upgrade. Hopefully you backed up your custom setting first, than all you have to do is restore them. Works straight away. It's in the instructions on how to perform the upgrade.

Shoot, you're right, it's right there:

"Once the update is complete, you will then want to perform a Factory Reset. Note: a Factory Reset will erase all User presets."

But then... if you need to upgrade before you can run X-edit2, then how do you backup your settings before running the update?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namco
                                After reading this thread, I decided to download X-edit, update my RP250, and play with the computer interface a bit. I was amazed at the number of controls this pedal has to offer. I spent an hour playing with the noisegate settings alone. I know you can do this with the dials of the RP250 directly, but it's hidden in the matrix and hard to figure out. With X-edit, every setting is right there looking at you and it's very easy to figure out the differences between all the presets.

Not only is it easier to edit on X-Edit, but there are parameters available in the editor that aren't accessible from the front panel, no matter how much you squint at that matrix.

Recording aside, if you're not using a computer and X-Edit with the RP250, you're missing out on editable parameters -- and aren't using the RP250 to its fullest potential.
                                Jon Chappell

Comment

Working...
                                X