Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why don't you just take your rp250 straight into another interface, bypassing the usb route?

Comment

Well, uh, actually I was trying to recommend the RP250 to a friend without a digital interface......

Originally posted by j_db69
      why don't you just take your rp250 straight into another interface, bypassing the usb route?
      "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
      http://www.flamencochuck.com

Comment

How are the distortion stomp boxes on the RP2520? I am thinking of using it mainly for using the 808 and other stomps with reverb into my amp. Then other presets for chorus and rotary/.
        SE Systems, pro-audio dealer serving North Carolina

Comment

NA! I'm diggin my GNX4 big time, my only regret is they didnt make a pedal just for the bass feature like in the gnx4. because i could care less about all the other stuff, only the fact when i use the gtr>2bass i dont have to change to a bass, i just play bass on my gtr...

being a gtr/bass/keyboard player its a bliss... how they figured out how to take the gtr out of the octaver i'll never know but am so glad they did ... i just wish they had a pedal without all the bells and whistles like the gnx4 has that i could just kick in the bass feature... for way less than the gnx4.

i sold my bass and no longer have to lug it around thanks to this feature...
          rkbmusic@hotmail.com
          Korg
          Casios
          Gibsons
          Fenders
          Tascams
          Marshalls
          Roland/Boss
          Digitech GNX4
          http://www.musicyellowpages.com/comp..._c7a2e1cb.html

Comment

Im about to buy one of these, but im wondering if i should trade my pedal in for it. Ive got a boss PW10 wah pedal but i mostly use it for distortion. Are the distortions better for this pedal?
            `Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but your the only one who can truly feel it`

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyX
              NA! I'm diggin my GNX4 big time, my only regret is they didnt make a pedal just for the bass feature like in the gnx4. because i could care less about all the other stuff, only the fact when i use the gtr>2bass i dont have to change to a bass, i just play bass on my gtr...

being a gtr/bass/keyboard player its a bliss... how they figured out how to take the gtr out of the octaver i'll never know but am so glad they did ... i just wish they had a pedal without all the bells and whistles like the gnx4 has that i could just kick in the bass feature... for way less than the gnx4.

i sold my bass and no longer have to lug it around thanks to this feature...

THe RP250 demo has a preset that mimics playing a bass guitar.

Comment

Would be cool if someone could compare the RP250 to the new zoom G2.1U...

Comment

Yes, I would like to see a side by side review on the Zoom G7.1 UT (the tube version).

As to the RP250's bass simulation, here's the demo preset I snagged off Digitech's website below..

As to the online demos & mp3's available for the G7.1UT OR the G2.1 U, I am NOT IMPRESSED! The demo's are pretty sloppy in my opinion, and the guitar sound is muddled by the drum's and all the other instruments.. I thought it was a GUITAR multi effects box, NOT a recording studio!?

Comment

The Zoom G7 is $299 wheras the RP250 is $149. Two different price points, the GNX3000 would be the model to compare with the G7.

I am seriously trying to decide between the RP250/350 or a Roland Cube30 amp.

I am worried the RP series won't work as well with my Roland bluescube amp since my 'clean' channel goes into overdrive like a tube amp and I don't have a lot of clean headroom. I think the RP series would work well with an amp that has a clean channel that stays clean instead of starting to overdrive at loud volumes.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Alesis Transactive 50 amp as a clean PA for multieffects/amp/cabinet modelers? I have one that is arriving tomorrow to check out - hopefully, it will act like a studio speaker without coloring the sound. (50 watts in a very compact form factor; haven't seen any reviews on it, and it has been out for awhile, so I'm taking a chance...... well, ok, Musician's Friend has a 45 day return...:-).

But I've tried the RP250 direct in to my BX5a's, with excellent results....... (for my purposes)

Originally posted by telemike
                      The Zoom G7 is $299 wheras the RP250 is $149. Two different price points, the GNX3000 would be the model to compare with the G7.

I am seriously trying to decide between the RP250/350 or a Roland Cube30 amp.

I am worried the RP series won't work as well with my Roland bluescube amp since my 'clean' channel goes into overdrive like a tube amp and I don't have a lot of clean headroom. I think the RP series would work well with an amp that has a clean channel that stays clean instead of starting to overdrive at loud volumes.
                      "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
                      http://www.flamencochuck.com

Comment

Hi there.
                        Count me in the list of happy and satisfied
                        customers. I just bought an RP250 last night
                        at B St Music at San Mateo,CA. I love editing the preset
                        with my laptop, and save it via USB. I use a Martin acoustic,
                        000cxe, with fishman prefix pro pickup and a bassman
                        150 amp. I needed a vol.pedal,chorus,reverb,delay and
                        EQ. The RP250 just answered my need.

Comment

I just got my RP350 yesterday... Does anyone have any inside scoop on when X-Edit will be available for this model?

thanks,

Bryan

Comment

Try the free utility ASIO4ALL. I installed this utility so that I could record thru the RP250 and while monitoring on my main ASIO interface. With the ASIO4ALL I could lower the latency to under 128 samples, the max I can stand for live guitar.

Regards,
                            William
                            --------------------------------
                            Originally posted by BuleriaChk
                            I''m getting very bad latency using the ASIO drivers on the RP250 . To be precise, I am getting 35 ms even on the highest computer use setting in the panel (I am also surprised that the resolution is only 16 bit, 44.1 Khz, but I can live with that).

As comparison, I get 3 ms on my VM3100Pro/RPC-1 and never above 5 ms with my other interfaces (GS-10, Toneport, Zoom H4)

My computer is:

Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.2 Ghz), Asus P5B Deluxe, 2 Gb Corsair memory, WinXP Pro, SATA 10K drives.....

My GNX4 latency was also bad (10 ms.), but not THIS bad...:-)
                            "where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

On the sound I created below for my Fat Strat for the Bridge/Middle combination, I got some great feedback from a music minister/ fellow guitarist visiting our Church. He was very curious as to HOW I got that sound and said, 'it was very reverent, but with just the right 'bite' ". Well, that's exactly what I was looking for, and have got to say again how pleased I am with my RP250. I still am very pleased with the price/value of this unit and think it's an absolute steal for $149.95.

The only thing that puzzles me is running through our PA system loses some 'bite' if I go to 'mixer' mode. I've GOT to switch to 'AMP' mode for the best sound, but I don't know why. I don't even know technically what it does to switch that button. Anyway..

I encourage anyone here to create your own and share it with the site I'm linking below (digitech's sound community).. I really haven't found much on their so far that is worth a flip... but then again, the beauty of sound is in the ears of the behearer .

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_view_patch.asp?productid=226&patch_id=10547

Comment

Since a bunch of people were asking about the differences between the Zoom and the Digitech, I registered to give you my opinion. Like many of you, I too am afflicted by a serious case of G.A.S.

So recently I decided to "upgrade" my effects processor from the VAMP2. The VAMP2 actually sounds pretty killer for the tones I go for (mostly hi gain), but doesn't have a wah pedal nor USB. I mostly do home recording and jamming and was looking for a USB enabled device.

First I got a Zoom G2.1 U since I am a pretty big fan of the Zoom recording boxes (I've still got a PS02, PS04, and MRS-8 and I use the MRS-8 more than any other piece of gear I've ever had). I really liked the USB direct recording, and the patch change is indeed *very* fast. I was however, unable to get a decent hi gain sound out of it. The cleans were good, but not better than the RP250. I found myself back to using the sounds on the MRS8, so the G2.1 U got ebayed.

Next I got a a Toneport UX2. This has the best sounds among the three IMHO. Keep in mind that I use more hi gain sounds than cleans, and Line6's distorted sounds are just a bit better than the RP250's. The cleans are passable, but not as good as those on the RP250. So why did I get rid of the Toneport and go on to get an RP250? A couple of factors: While the Toneport's guitar tones sounded great to me, I found the latency unacceptable. It's not really that bad mind you, but I could detect it, and if I can tell its there, its too much. Also I was hoping that tracking vocals through it would help me simplify my setup, but I couldn't really get a vocal chain that sounded right to me (I'm now using a VTB1 preamp which I highly recommend). Having to use the computer for guitar effects is also a pain for jamming, so the Toneport went too.

Next up I got the Digitech RP250. IMO it sounds better than the Zoom G2.1U in both cleans and hi gain, and *way* better in low-gain/overdriven sounds. The patch editor is nice. It's patch change is darn fast too, which means you can line up several patches for a song and have no problems switching to them for different parts. Too me, the RP250's high gain sounds aren't as good as the Line6 stuff, but the low gain/overdriven sounds are just as good. I've spent a lot of time tweaking and have some hi gain patches that are pretty good, but I think the cabs are coloring the sound just a little too much. I guess to me the cabs all effect the sound very similiarly, and I just haven't found one that sounds quite as good as what I can get on my MRS8 or with the Line6 stuff. On the other hand, it is easily the best sounding Digitech I've ever had (and I've owned a bunch! RP14D, RP7, RP2000 etc...), and I could live with just the stomp models if I had to. The effects and reverbs are top notch.

I guess in the end I may end up getting a PODxt Live, which is a good bit larger and more expensive simply because the Floor POD doesn't have a USB out. Really, the only way to know which suits you best is to go and try them all out, and even then you don't *really* know until you've spent a few weeks with them trying to get *your* sound out of em. Good Luck to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X