Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just noticed that Mike Martin announced the next driver update on April 1st. Since it's now the 25th I'm starting to think it was an April Fool's joke.

Just received my RMA to send my unit in for exchange. Hope the manufacturing problem with the trim pots has been fixed!
    Case: Antec Take 4.......P . PWR: Antec 650w
    MB: GB GA-P35-DR4.v2.0 .. BIOS: F13b
    CPU: Intel q6600 Quad..... Mem: 4 GB DDR2-800
    Video: XFX NVidia 7600 GT. Firewire: TI 1394a
    Audio Interface: TC Electronic Impact Twin
    Drives: All SATA II - System, Samples, Audio
    Controllers: AlphaTrack, PadKontrol, Novation ReMOTE 37 SL

Cooling: Corsair Nautilus 500 w/ D-Tek Fuzion Waterblock

Comment

• I just noticed that Mike Martin announced the next driver update on April 1st. Since it's now the 25th I'm starting to think it was an April Fool's joke.

That's funny, I was going to suggest that the new driver was simply an April Fools joke in a post I made recently, but I wasn't sure of the day Mike made the announcement, and I didn't bother to check (nor did I bother to even bring up April Fools finally). Now with your reminder of the day the announcement was made, and the fact that it's now almost a full month later, it does indeed seem to have been a joke played on us--a rather cruel joke, IMO.

But who is laughing? Could only be someone on the way to the bank!
      Mac "Sawtooth" G4 with 1.4 Ghz upgrade, 1 GB RAM, ADS Firewire Card with TI chipset, Internal IDE 80 GB + 250 GB HDDs, OS 10.4.10, Konnekt 24D

Comment

• The driver was posted today for Windows XP. The direct link is here.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/default.asp?id=10709
        -Mike Martin
        Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• A couple of notes regarding the new version -

Assimilator Konnekt is part of the installation. If you have Assimilator Konnekt installed, please uninstall it before this installation.

The software package includes a firmware update - the firmware update tool is found on the ABOUT page.

As Craig stated in his version, you may get an error message when either updating the firmware or using the Reset function, please don't be concerned about this its a known issue but they were focused on other areas rather than this.

This version is NOT "signed". The primary delay we've been facing since Craig received a beta a couple weeks ago is that we've been working with Microsoft to get the proper certificate. This takes three business days between each revision. They've been going round and round to get it corrected and I'm told it will be fixed by next week. So with this version, you'll get 5 warnings that this driver is not signed (Konnekt itself, MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, WDM drivers, ASIO Drivers)

This driver is six revisions newer than the one that Craig has. There have been numerous improvements.
          -Mike Martin
          Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• The driver was posted today for Windows XP. The direct link is here.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/default.asp?id=10709

hello Mike! great news....

shall we update current setup or shall we remove current drivers totally and install new public beta ones from scratch?

-andrejs

Comment

• My recommendation -
              Power off or disconnect your Konnekt. Run the existing uninstaller. It should prompt you to reboot if you were using 1.10.

Install the new version. Once complete, reattach Konnekt.
              -Mike Martin
              Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• Very Important

One last note. Though I'm sure people will comment about the new software here. We need your feedback directly. Please send all feedback, positive and negative to konnektbeta@tcelectronic.com along with your system specs.
                -Mike Martin
                Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• One last note. Though I'm sure people will comment about the new software here. We need your feedback directly. Please send all feedback, positive and negative to konnektbeta@tcelectronic.com along with your system specs.

will do that, sir! thanks for the guidelines!

-andrejs
                  the toshiba user

Comment

• I just confirmed that the new version should automatically uninstall previous versions. Go ahead and update.
                    -Mike Martin
                    Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• mike,many of us have both pc & mac platforms. should we update?
                      is there a possibility of driver/firmware missmatch if we try the (updated) konnekt on the mac?

Comment

• The firmware is different. If you install it on the PC, then re-attach the the Mac, you'd simply have to put the other firmware back in.

The Mac update is coming soon...but I'd rather not guess a release date.
                        -Mike Martin
                        Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• ok ,thank you

Comment

• Just when i was starting to get a life of my own, then TC decides to release a new driver.

This is outrageous!!

Well, back to bedroom studio life...

Good luck everyone,

Miguel

Comment

• Finally! The news we've waiting for...thanks Mike!!

As mentioned previously, this thread will be closed and a new one will be opened to deal with the new drivers.
                              CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
                              X