Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone comment on preamp quality (especially in terms of stacking) of the IO26 vs the M-audio dmp3 or omnistudio pres?

I like the Omnistudio pre's alot especially because they have a ton of gain to use with ribbons and dynamics.

Comment

• Can anyone comment on preamp quality (especially in terms of stacking) of the IO26 vs the M-audio dmp3 or omnistudio pres?

I like the Omnistudio pre's alot especially because they have a ton of gain to use with ribbons and dynamics.

I think you answer it's on page 5
      He's Coming,Make Music Be Happy
      The Lord Is My Provider And My Boss, So Don't Even Think You Are The Man
      Too Many Songs To Learn, So little Time!!

Comment

• I'm pleased so far with the product . Its had a couple of glitches but nothing huge. Very well built, and sound quality is great. I'm planning on picking up the io26 soon as well. I should be able to hook the io14 into the 26 via the adat or spdif right?
        Thanks
        Eric

The ADAT connections are inputs only. Also, getting two Firewire interfaces to perform as a team is an iffy proposition; a company called CEntrance has a driver designed to support multiple interfaces, but for Alesis, only the Multimix is currently supported. You would probably be better off getting an analog line mixer and mixing down to two ins on the interface.
        Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• While visiting the CEntrance site to get the info in the previous post, I stumbled on a link to a possible solution to gapping, clicks, and other audio problems. Check it out...

Comment

• QUICK QUESTION: I will be at the Frankfurt Messe next week, as will Jim Norman. I will not be bringing the interface with me, and Jim will obviously be doing his Alesis thing 24/7. Would y'all prefer that I close the thread until I get back, or leave it open so you can continue discussing the io amongst yourselves? I will be able to check in, I just won't be able to add new material or answer questions that require having the unit nearby.

Comment

• QUICK QUESTION: I will be at the Frankfurt Messe next week, as will Jim Norman. I will not be bringing the interface with me, and Jim will obviously be doing his Alesis thing 24/7. Would y'all prefer that I close the thread until I get back, or leave it open so you can continue discussing the io amongst yourselves? I will be able to check in, I just won't be able to add new material or answer questions that require having the unit nearby.

IMHO you should leave it open............Please...........Sr..........
              Thanks

Comment

• While visiting the CEntrance site to get the info in the previous post, I stumbled on a link to a possible solution to gapping, clicks, and other audio problems. Check it out...

Comment

• does anone know where there is one of these in stock?
                  Thanks,
                  Andre

Comment

• Have the drivers been fixed in the lastest update.
                    my firewire connection wouldn't light up all the time.
                    Mine is back at Alesis for replacement. When it did light up the unit all of a sudden would play back at lightning speed and spit out static and/or freeze my computer up running Sonar 6.0 at the time. I went back to Edirol UA-25 and have upgraded to 6.21 and don't have these issues. I would like to keep the unit buyt not if I can't get it to work with Sonar. I was hoping to set up the unit in the near future with a laptop to record at my church.

Ed

Comment

• When it did light up the unit all of a sudden would play back at lightning speed and spit out static and/or freeze my computer up running Sonar 6.0 at the time.

Interesting: Sonar users are also having problems with the TC Konnekt 24D doing the same thing, so maybe it's a Sonar issue of some kind. If so, have you downloaded v6.2.1? It's the latest update to Sonar 6 and fixes severa bugs.

I'll be trying the interface with Sonar later today or tomorrow, once I get it installed in my Windows computer.

Comment

• Interesting: Sonar users are also having problems with the TC Konnekt 24D doing the same thing, so maybe it's a Sonar issue of some kind. If so, have you downloaded v6.2.1? It's the latest update to Sonar 6 and fixes severa bugs.

I'll be trying the interface with Sonar later today or tomorrow, once I get it installed in my Windows computer.

I got drop outs with Sonar Home Studio 4...............
                        It's working great with Reaper.............. so far...

Comment

• the unit is back at Alesis for replacement for the firewire hook up issue.
                          I only had 6.0 at the time. I now have 6.2.1 with Edirol UA-25 and no problems with dropouts. My concern is Alesis Test with sonar 4-6. Really?????

Hope they come up with a fix unlike Mackie with the 400f. Beta drivers now for over 8 months.

Ed

Comment

• Hi to you all,
                            Here's some more recent news, which I also posted in the other io/26 thread on the bigbluelounge (http://www.bigbluelounge.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=299869#299869) forum.
                            First of all, be warned, one of the guys in charge of Alesis' tech support (I'm not dropping any names, he probably knows who he is, and I don't want to be responsible for anyone losing his job) doesn't seem to read your e-mails very carefully. It actually took him several e-mails from me to realise that I was running Panther 10.3.9, whereas I had made this clear in almost every e-mail I sent to him!!!! All this after telling me first that it might be Tracktion's fault, that I should reset the PRAM, restore my disk permissions, etc. In one of his latest replies, he even hinted that it might be because of a potential bugginess in Apple's firewire ports!!!! Whouaww!! Puzzling.
                            So after some surreal Q&A series, he finally - sort of - apologised for all the bollocks I had been told so far, including that I should refer to the manuals (which still recommend at least Panther 10.3.9) and told me that I should upgrade to Tiger, NOT TO the forthcoming Leopard - so don't rush to install Leopard, Alesis are not likely to support it any time soon. Here are a few choice excerpts (comments in [] brackets are mine) from Mr. Tech Support's literature - don't laugh:
                            "I noticed that you are running OS 10.3.9. Initially when the IO/26 was in development we expected compatibility with Panther. However testing has shown that a G4 running OSX 10.4 is needed. Our latest manuals and website have been updated to reflect this. [well, not exactly, hence:] Thanks for the heads-up on the online manuals not being updated yet, I’ll let the Marketing Dept. know about this. [apparently at Alesis, providing accurate specifications in a manual is a marketing job, although telling people to check those manuals for up-to-date info seems to be a tech support one...] I would highly recommend going with option number one [that's upgrading to Tiger 10.4, and spend some extra 155 bucks over here in Europe]. [...] We had expected 10.3.9 to work out when initially tested though Mac changed some things in the how their firewire ports handle information which would account for the connectivity issues and dropouts. [c'mon, the latest Apple firewire audio update was released on April 21, 2004!] [...] The IO/26 has been thoroughly tested with Mac OSX 10.4 and above. We are looking forward to supporting this product for a long time. Actually yesterday we just posted new software and firmware on the website. [true! Apparently it's a ...eerm..."correction" of the previous update from March 5th...] This has given new features to the IO/26 such as independent headphone volume and Main Level volume control. Also the HDM Control Panel has a streamlined interface."
                            Well, talk about corporate set language. And still no accurate drivers for Panther, unlike what was - and still is - stated in the manuals. Now, to be honest, not all the people at Alesis seem to be that hopeless. As mentioned above, Alesis' Jim Norman deemed it useful, following Craig's recommendation, to post a statement on this thread, acknowledging there was a problem with io/26 drivers. However, he only mentions issues with Mac Intels, not PowerPCs, and only as far as opening other apps such as Safari or iTunes is concerned, whereas there is clearly a problem with other computers and OSs whenever NO OTHER app is open at all, at least with Panther on PowerPCs and, possibly, some Windows PCs too.
                            So, to make it clear, the io/26 seems to operate quite well on SOME Intel Macs running Tiger 10.4.9 (providing no other app is being used), some Mac PowerPCs (rogerramjet's PowerBook), and some Windows PCs. And that's it.
                            So I'll follow my tech support friend's advice, one last time, and upgrade to Tiger (as much as I hate to do so, since I've never had a problem with Panther so far, and since this means no Leopard either, as Alesis are not planning to support Apple's new OSX in the foreseeable future...).
                            Sorry for posting such long messages, folks, but I feel that you deserve to be informed as accurately as possible about what is going on, especially those of you who are planning to buy this new toy.
                            iBook G4 1.2 GHz - 1.25 GB RAM - Tiger 10.4.11 - Tracktion2 - Alesis iO|26 - Tascam VL-X5

Comment

• does anone know where there is one of these in stock?
                              Thanks,
                              Andre

Well, it all depends where you're planning to buy it. I found this site in France, apparently they still have a few units in stock. They deliver to Switzerland and Belgium too (and maybe elsewhere, check with them).
                              http://www.plugsquare.com/fr/fr/world-571/p-PL0607240025/cat-619/i-o26-interface-audio-26-entrees.html
                              iBook G4 1.2 GHz - 1.25 GB RAM - Tiger 10.4.11 - Tracktion2 - Alesis iO|26 - Tascam VL-X5

Comment

• I adjusted the Latency[I'm working with my desktop and Reaper] and so far no drop outs and no problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X