Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you are that far off (singing a "G" instead of an "E") no pitch correction is ever going to help you.

But the VL4 should be able to ascertain that you are playing a C major chord, and therefore direct the PC circuit to target the notes in a C major scale.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha
      View Post

I think if you are that far off (singing a "G" instead of an "E") no pitch correction is ever going to help you.

Omaha,

I thought of that!

As far as MusicIQ, what if you are singing the blues? Or a minor key? C major might give you a real clunker note.

When I see all the scales you can set it to, I realize how much the scale can matter.
      http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen

Comment

Thanks for the info on the BIAB GlennGalen

Comment

Hi guys,

I've been keeping my eyes open for anything out there demoing the VL4 and I just found two clips on youtube by Tom Davis.

The first is Bye Bye Love by the Everly Brothers that uses the VL4 3rd above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8hKv-DnjO0

The second and I think more interesting is Aimee Amy by Pure Prairie League with the VL4 set on the CSN patch on the chorus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YhU...e=user&search=

Comment

Try Marc Anthony's I Need To Know with preset #12. Pretty cool. Nice video's by him. I use #19 for the Amy song.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SoloArtist
              View Post

LATEST BACKORDER NOTICE ON THE VL4!

Here we go again. I just got another backorder notice from MF saying my VL4shippment is being pushed ahead by 30 days! They're not even giving me an actual date anymore.

The last promised time was October 26th. They said my order would be filled with their last invoice. Anybody else get this notice from MF or know what's going on? I did get the $399.00 price and they also sent a $20.00 discount coupon which I applied to this order so I'm not angry but a bit frustrated.

Thanks,

SoloArtist

Congrats on the $20 discount. I got mine [VL4] two weeks ago; after waiting since June. Had to use 'strong arm' tatics; i.e. 'Can I talk to your supervisor' etc..'This is impacting my Job, soon I'll have to sue' ...only joking did'nt go exactly that far !

This was to Musicians Friend; finally [they said] I seemed to somehow have jumped to the top of pile, or thereabouts. Be Firm and agressive; make threats 'from now on I'll buy everything from George's Music'........good luck....

Comment

Okay, I have a TON of clips for you...I recorded a short vocal phrase in Sonar, sent the output through the VL4, recorded it in an empty track, then converted to MP3. I will say that despite the studio context, and wearing headphones, any hiss was negligible...so AFAIC, that's not a big issue at all.

Now to the clips! The two-digit number in the front is the preset number being used.

The first one is just the dry voice - Shure SM58 through no processing at all.2nd is a 3rd above.

3rd is a 3rd above with no straight vocal, just harmony.

4th is a 3rd below.

5th is a 3rd below with no straight vocal, just harmony.
                N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

1st: 3rd below with pitch correction.

2nd: 3rd below and 3rd above harmonies.

3rd: They call is "CSN," and it is kinda Crosby, Stills, and Nash harmonies.

4th: This has no straight vocal at all...a good way to judge really weird harmony sounds.

5th: Another full harmony effect.
                  N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Comment

The next five have titles that are pretty self-explanatory. They all combine the straight voice with harmonies. "17 Four Unisons" doesn't do harmonies, just unison effects.

Comment

These are fairly straight harmony effects. I like 31 Gold Chan quite a bit.

Comment

What does one use to open these to play them?

Comment

The last five clips are more effect sounds except for "Bigger," which really jusdt makes your voice...uh...bigger. Note that "39 Giant (no straight)" is just the processed sound; I think I could get movie voiceover gigs with this one for Shrek 4 And of course, we'll close with the infamous Chipmunk preset.

Comment

All right...that was enough work for one day! Enjoy the clips, I'm signing off here for today. Let me know if you have any questions about the clips. Oh, BTW, the effects were on for the various presets as well, hence the reverb.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gc24
                              View Post

What does one use to open these to play them?

* With Safari on the Mac, click on it and the file will open in iTunes.

* With AOL Mac, download the file and change "attachment.php" to "filename.mp3." Then open it in iTunes.

* With Explorer or AOL on Windows, click on it and you'll be given the option to Open or Save. If you click on Open, the file with open with Windows Media Player. Click on Save, and a window will open so you can navigate to where you want to save it.

If you still have problems, check out the sticky in this forum called "Converting Attachment PHPs to MP3s the EZ Way."

Comment

Thanks, I got it. Just needed to drag them out to the desktop first. Haven't used #31 before, but it sounds pretty cool. I tried Kenny Chesney's Who'd you Be Today with # 1 and it's pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X