No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by terrasini74
    View Post

which guitar center? online or the actual store?

Actual Store, in michigan...

There was a mixed up with my special order, I called today to talk to the guy that helps me with my stuff and he told me that there was none, and they were expecting my order to ship on 10/10/07, I placed the order on september and I got the vl4 at 389 + tax, so they can kind of match the Musician friends august catalog price (I mentioned this before i think)... any ways... i went there today because i needed a cable and for my surprise there was ONE vl4 sitting on display on accesories... i talked to the guy at proaudio (remember i talked to him today and he told 10/10/07) and he was mad and embarrased, so he decided to help me and hook me up, so i talked to him about my idea and he hooked me up with the prices and the warranties! HOORAY!!!!! I am happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Angel
    View Post

Omar,

Congratulations! With the demand for the VL4 your deal is one for the record books.

I would love to hear about any interesting ways you may find to integrate your VL2 with the 4, as well as any other insights you might have regarding getting the most out of your set-up.

Thanks,

Michael

My idea about is as follows:

vl2 two harmonies

vl4 4 harmonies and unisons and change genders...

so....

if i hooke a mic to the small mixer, then send the signal as follows:

L out to vl2, vl2 out to channel 1 main mixer (vl2 set full harmonies)

R out to vl4, vl4 out o channel 2 main mixer (vl4 set full harmonies)

aux/phone/rca out to channel 3 main mixer (just my unmodified vocals)

then guitar into the vl2 in, out thru to the vl4, out to main mixer.

main mixer, 4 channels

1. vl2 set confortable level out, little bit of monitors, remember that you will only hear harmonies here, not actual voice

2. vl4 set confortable level out, little bit of monitors, remember that you will only hear harmonies here, not actual voice

3. my unmodified vocals, with good level out and good level monitors.

4. my guitar.

possibilities are endless, i think, imagine, you alone, set the vl2 for 3rd above and 3rd below, vl4, unison octave up gender female, unison octave up gender female, unison octave up male, unison octave down male... I have a 6 people choir, with me seven!!!!!!

take in consideration that i have not try this yet, but, while waiting for my vl4 to arrive ,I came up with this idea....

Remember, your guitar can go before the mixer to a pedalboard, your vocals can go to a effects module or use the vl2/vl4 effects.

total control of volumes, i reduce the volume on my little mixer to my vocals and adjust accordingly without bending down, etc, etc...

I hope you understand my idea, as soon as i try it (if nobody else beats me) i will let you know how it sounds.

I accept paypal donations for this idea cause i have abuse my brain!! hahaha

I will like to hear your comments and feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks

Omar
    Originally Posted by VÃ****ctor

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

Originally Posted by artiem

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

SPAM: FT/FS

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by gc24
      View Post

Does the Mixer record you?

not, it does not, it is for the idea that just mentioned in another post, sorry for the confusion

Thanks

Omar

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

Comment

• I got mine thursday. Trying out various presets and trying to get the ins and outs of this thing. Monday I will try it with the band.

Its so cool...

Comment

• Finally! My VL4 just shipped out from Musician's Friend and I am ecstaaatic! I'll post impressions and how well it works with a keyboard setup when I get to use it next (which unfortunately will probably be sometime next week)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by orbm1
            View Post

My idea about is as follows:

vl2 two harmonies

vl4 4 harmonies and unisons and change genders...

so....

if i hooke a mic to the ... I hope you understand my idea, as soon as i try it (if nobody else beats me) i will let you know how it sounds.

I will like to hear your comments and feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks

Omar

I think this is a redundant use of the harmonizers since the VL4 can do all that with the press of a pedal. I would suggest selling the VL2 and you will see why after using the VL4.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ~Musicman~
              View Post

I think this is a redundant use of the harmonizers since the VL4 can do all that with the press of a pedal.

Six harmonies?

No. Just 4. Omar wants a BIG, 6-person sound.
              http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen

Comment

• Ok, first impressions....

I just play with the vl4 today...

overall, it is a machine with a lot of potential!!! but a little harder to use than the vl2, vl2 is plug and play, vl4, plug, learn, play...

i did not like the presets, there are some that are really crappy, some that are good... eq your vocal does not alter the harmony , well, at least i think...

The preset that impress me was the gals duet.... WOW! i sounded like a girl! and pretty good, too... my wife came to my music room and she asked who was that girl singing????....

that being said, I try to mod that preset and it was not that easy, it was not hard either but i needed to think a lot... and i did not get the results i wanted....

anyways...

eq it is not easy... I think it is easier to eq your main mixer, even more if your voice needs eq. (like mine does)

The guitar effects are very good, my nylon string guitar sounds awesome with the leslie effect.

The sound quality thru a mixer it is not as clear as the vl2 i think, i have not tried it straight to the speakers bypassing the mixer...

still, I am very happy and i am looking forward to "learn" how to take advantage of this great device.... still, i think, for plug and play benefits, the vl2 is the winner! for potential: the vl4!

hope this helps.

Thanks

Omar

Comment

• Thanks Omar.

Please keep us abreast of your progress.

Michael

Comment

• After reading GlennGalen [see his thread in this topic earlier] experimentation on overdubbing; I attempted this; using the VL4 Preset 32 on 'redemption song' [Bob Marley] in the refrain. The original has no harmonies so it was a challenge. The over dubbing came out a little too loud [lead voice should be higher] on the multitracker so one has to be careful [if playing live]. Using it in the studio you can always turn the fader slightly down. Another song was 'Me and Bobby McGee' {simple stuff} where Kris Kristoferson sings lead and Jackson Browne lends a helping 3rd above [I think]. I choose pre-set 1. If you have a good ear and can tell what harmonies are coming through on the original recording then you are better off choosing the correct Preset or possibly making your own. I am sure I am only scratching the surface on this product so far. By the way GlennGalen; enjoyed your songs [on your website] especially the instrumental. Thanks to all ....

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Keithos28
                      View Post

By the way GlennGalen; enjoyed your songs [on your website] especially the instrumental.

Keithos,

Thanks for letting me know. That song you are talking about is probably "Traveling By Night", an instrumental inspired by Mark Knopfler's wonderful style. He's my biggest inspiration when it comes to my guitar style.
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen

Comment

• Whatever it's called, you do it well.

Comment

• I got my VL2 and the VL4 is on order, and I have a question regarding levels for both devices. I used my VL2 live last week, and it sounded great - unfortunately, it blew up half way through the show. Just started clicking and then died all at once. When I got home, it was working again, but when I hit a hard chord or palm mute on the ovation it would die and not come back for 3o-60 seconds. I read the manual, and the LED never even went Amber or Red, so I am not sure how I could be overloading it. However, when I turn the preamp out on the ovation down half way, it seems to be fine. I initially had it all the way up, because the manual says it should be green most of the time, and I was barely getting a reading.

The questions are - is my unit defective because it is not letting me know the true signal level coming in, hence blowing the input? Is there some type of overload timer that shuts it off to protect it if you pummel it? And most importantly, has anyone experienced this with either unit?
                          Mike - http://mikewestwood.com
                          Yamaha s90xs, Ovation 1778 Elite T, James Tyler Variax (JTV-69), JBL EON 515, Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2, Digitech Vocalist Live 4, Alesis ioDock, Line 6 HD500

Comment

• Why not call Digitech and ask them?

Comment

• Mike,

I've been reading all the VL2 and VL4 threads and user reviews I can get my hands on for the last couple of months and I have not read about anyone mentioning your specific problem. There has been plenty about the green light barely getting a reading but nothing about it over-loading and coming back in 30 to 60 seconds. Definately think going straight to the company on your question would be in order.

Please keep us posted on what you discover.

Best of luck,

Michael

Comment

• Mike,

I've been reading all the VL2 and VL4 threads and user reviews I can get my hands on for the last couple of months and I have not read about anyone mentioning your specific problem. There has been plenty about the green light barely getting a reading but nothing about it over-loading and coming back in 30 to 60 seconds. Definately think going straight to the company on your question would be inb order.

Please keep us posted on what you discover.

Michael

I will let you know what they say. I got a very nice email from 3db saying they believe the unit is probably defective as well and I should check with Digitech.
                                Mike - http://mikewestwood.com
                                Yamaha s90xs, Ovation 1778 Elite T, James Tyler Variax (JTV-69), JBL EON 515, Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2, Digitech Vocalist Live 4, Alesis ioDock, Line 6 HD500

Comment

Working...
                                X