Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6, PreSonus, MOTU, and several others have 64-bit interface drivers at this point. A lot of programs work native in 64-bit as well. It has indeed been a slow process, but regardless of whether or not Vista ever becomes big for music, the future is 64-bit computing (also note Leopard!) so it's important for companies to start developing for that type of platform now.

Yes, true. At the time I was looking Cakewalk was the one and only to use 64 bit technology (4-5 months after Vista came out)
    2011 Mitchell MD100sce Acoustic
    1979 Takamine F-349 (Martin Lawsuit
    copy)
    2011 Fender American Special Jazz Bass (Olympic white)
    2008 SX SJM-62 electric with 3 P-90's

Comment

• I love your (craig) color scheme for Sonar 7 from the pic i've seen in sound on sound. Is it possible do download your scheme?

Stian

Comment

• I love your (craig) color scheme for Sonar 7 from the pic i've seen in sound on sound. Is it possible do download your scheme?

Stian

Well, I've used several different schemes in my Sound on Sound articles...and I use three different color schemes on a regular basis, one for classical work, one for audio-for-video, and one for regular ol' recording. If you can point me to an issue and which image, I'll attach it as a file and post it here
        CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• I've bought Cakewalk 7 about a month ago. Currently on Win XP x64 so was looking to use the 64bit optimization to its fullest extent.

What I am noticing so far (since ver. 4 I ran few years ago) - the interface design couldn't make up its mind from the new black interface (Vista-style) and the old school Cakewalk 9 interface. Some things look really well polished and other parts really clunky. Functionality is the same but I wish I can actually go back to the older interface look instead as it seems that this hasn't caught up fully.

My midi (with Firepod) is really buggy - I get dropouts all the time. I tried tweaking latency and such but so far no luck.

For what I do I haven't seen any huge improvement since version 4 but I am just getting back to Sonar after Cubase dropped Direct X support with their new version 4.
          ========================

http://www.descentintomadness.com

Comment

• Well, I've used several different schemes in my Sound on Sound articles...and I use three different color schemes on a regular basis, one for classical work, one for audio-for-video, and one for regular ol' recording. If you can point me to an issue and which image, I'll attach it as a file and post it here

Sound on Sound Aug 2008 has a kind of grey Sonar background that I like. And if you have variations of that theme Im intererested in those as well...
            http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif

Stian

Comment

• Okay, here you go...this is my color scheme that's designed to be more like Vegas. Let me know if this is the one you wanted!

Comment

• I have an opportunity to obtain either Cubase SX3 or Sonar 7 (I currently use Samplitude 9SE - love it but full versions are VERY costly) I am wondering if Sonar 7 supports a Mackie HUI natively. Earlier demos of Sonar I tried did not. I either had to use it as a CH MotorMix (with no transport controls) or go thru the learn process, which is a pain and caused jittering faders and still no transport control).
                I know Cubase handles the Mackie HUI almost as if you were using ProTools. I dont need to get the meters moving on the HUI, but I do want all channel strip functionality and transport control. I'm hearing that Sonar 7 is better, but I cannot buy another control surface.
                Any thoughts?

Comment

• Sonar 7 does indeed include a control surface plug-in for Mackie emulation.

Comment

• Hey Craig.

First of all, thanks for all your amazing work over the years - truly inspiring and helpful - you totally rock. I 've been a CW user since DOS days!!

My question is (and I'm sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself - I have not read through this whole thread yet), are you doing a SONAR 8 Review [for HC or anyone else]? Or have you done one somewhere, and I'm just missing it?

Thanks,
                    Joseph Briggs - Producer, Composer
                    Wired Planet Music, NY
                    SONAR 6.2.1 / Dimension Pro / Rapture - Tape Op Review 9/2007

Don't mind your make-up, you'd better make your mind up.
                    -zappa

Comment

• Great tip, Alex! That's one better than having it on the toolbar.

Good luck with the review

Comment

• Good luck with the review

Comment

Working...
                        X