No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, I'm a newbie here and start with a quote from tc helicon site:

"Question

How do I make the delay and reverb spill over into the next preset ?

Answer (in tc helicon q & a section)

Please verify the FX mute setting in the MIDI/UTILITY menu, as this parameter determines how Delay and Reverb effects should be handled at preset changes.

ON: Effects are muted at preset change

OFF: Delays will 'spill over' and Reverbs are smoothly glided to the setting in the preset you access. "

ok, now here is MY problem:

i can't find the "midi/utility menu"..........can someone please tell me what buttons to press in order to switch FX mute off ? many thanks

Comment

• I am not in front of my TC right now but I think you hold down the SetUp button to enter the I/O, Midi, System.

Comment

• hitting setup once takes you to I/O, SYSTEM, MIDI, EXPRESSION.......but i can't find midi/utility or FX MUTE on/off there ... i have the latest update, but i seem to be missing something here.......

Comment

• Surely some of you have noticed the rude cut off in delay and reverb when you change presets........how does one get the smooth spill over?

Comment

• ok.......tchelicon support finally got back to me and Rune says that the VL2 can't spillover between preset changes. Oh well, I guess that is that. Sorry for hurting y'alls brains!

Comment

• Hmmmmm.... looks like Jon and Tom haven't been around for awhile, but here goes- any experience please share!

I'm considering the VL2 for flute. I doubt that I'd want to create harmonies (could be cool), but would the VL2 track my flute playing if I made an effort to play cleanly and auto tune was on?

And if I made custom eq/comp/etc. settings is that saved per patch? (I doubt the auto functions would work for the flute, apparently they're calibrated to eq and compress the voice).

When it comes to doubling, you wouldn't need auto tune on, right? (do I have this right? auto tune gets your input signal exactly on pitch so the harmonizer can do its magic?). I probably don't need harmonizing, just doubling, and the way I play jazz flute with lots of swoops and note bending, having a little thickening would be sweet.

And octavizing. Whether for voice or flute, I'd like to have the VL2 follow what I'm playing/singing with the lower octave added. That also doesn't need auto tune right? It's just following the input -

I also do throat singing (the low, didgeridoo voice and the high, piercing eeee sounds) and wonder what the VL2 would do to enhance it! It's already so otherworldly, I'm constantly looking for ways to make it more musical.

thanks,

Randyman

Comment

• It's ridiculous that they haven't included a PC/Mac based editor with this unit. It would make editing/setting up patches so much better...

**Sigh**
                Visit our website! - http://www.tightropenet.com

Critical Acclaim:
                "A blend of ****************e guitars and harmonies that only dogs can hear" - Hot Press
                "Who?" - NME
                "Well, you could do worse..." - Tightrope

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by wigglee
                  View Post

ok.......tchelicon support finally got back to me and Rune says that the VL2 can't spillover between preset changes. Oh well, I guess that is that. Sorry for hurting y'alls brains!

One alternative I might suggest would be to use the Step function

Would this solve the problem?
                  Visit our website! - http://www.tightropenet.com

Critical Acclaim:
                  "A blend of ****************e guitars and harmonies that only dogs can hear" - Hot Press
                  "Who?" - NME
                  "Well, you could do worse..." - Tightrope

Comment

• Whew ..... I just read (most of) the 7 pages so I'd not double dip with my comments. I didn't see anything that would overlap so thought I'd post a few tidbits.

I had one of the first units and so have been using the VL2 since June of 09'. I've owned a half dozen harmonizers over the years including 3 from TC-Helicon and have performed over 500 shows with them. I have roughly 70 shows under my belt with the VL2. It's easily the best I've used from a sound and practical standpoint. That said I have 2 fairly major gripes about it. Luckily both can be taken care of with a couple of 3rd party devices.

My biggest complaint is the location of the "harmony" button. Obviously this is going to be the most used of all the buttons. IMO that would necessitate that it be on the outside bottom edge. Instead it's located between other buttons making it pretty much impossible to operate without looking down to see where it is. I suggested they add the ability to reassign the buttons in future firmware, but it fell on deaf ears. This wasn't something I thought of when I looked over the unit, but in practice it really is a significant flaw.

To fix the problem I use an external pedal (just a Yamaha sustain pedal for a keyboard). It's set so the harmonies work when I depress the pedal only. Advantages are numerous.

1 - no more having to look for the button on the harmonizer

2 - I can keep the harmonizer further from me and not "under foot".

3 - I'm not wearing out the button on the harmonizer

4 - I harmonizer can essentially be hidden behind the monitor wedge. Only the pedal is "out" and it's black and much less noticeable.

5 - The pedal can be moved quickly if needed. For instance, I have a few "sit on a stool by the guitar player" songs. I can flip the pedal over closer to him for those.

The second gripe is that there's no ability to stage the next preset. Scrolling is nice, but it's not good enough for seamless shows where one song is starting immediately after the last. I don't want to be staring down at the unit between tunes. I'd rather do it during solos or other "when I choose" times prior to the next song.

Have no fear.... Midi-Mouse is here. I've been using this thing for darn near 10 years. I wore out one and am on my second actually. It's dead simple to use and does what it does perfectly. In a nutshell, it's a scroller for midi patches. It has 3 functions - up, down, and search. The search feature is what makes the product so great. It allows you to stage the next preset by pressing once on the "active/search" button. The display will flash and you can then use the up/down to scroll to the next patch. You can do this by pressing once for each preset or just hold it down and it will go quickly. Once you reach the number you want you stop. It's in memory waiting for you to push the search button (once or twice I forget). It immediately goes to that number. So you can be doing a song that's preset #3 and, at any time during the song, you can pre-stage preset 40. When you're ready for 40 you tap the search button again and you're there instantly. It also runs on one 9V battery for a year or more of regular use. To hook it up you just connect a midi cable from the one connection on the midi-mouse to the Midi IN on the VL2. That's it.
                    PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
                    Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
                    www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

• Hi i'm having problem backing up my preset, it always stops to and almost never finishes the preset loading on the VoiceSupport software, i'm using the latest version of VoiceSupport and my VoiceLive2 has the latest FW installed. My system is a Macbook Pro running under Snow Leopard 10.6.4(32bit). and another thing do i always have to have an internet connection in order for me to use VoiceSupport?

Oh and i've already tried reinstalling the VoiceSupport and restarting my laptop, i also tried to reflash my VoiceLive2's FW using VoiceSupport.

Once the presets transfer stops VoiceSupport is still working, does this mean it's still transfering?

If ever how long does it usually take for VoiceSupport to read all 205 presets?
                      My Babies:Fender American Strat Deluxe Ibanez Jem7vWH, BTB555MP, Epiphone LP Standard, Sheraton II NA ,Squire Strat, Ovation C2078LX Custom Elite, GR-20, GT-10, CS-3, DS-1, DD-7, RV-5, FDR1, OD-3, GE-7, FS-6,Krank Distortus Maximus, Ibanez WD-7,Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, IBanez Jamini, Fender '79 DUal Showman Reverb SilverFace, M-Audio ProjectMix I/0, BX5a, Nova, Samson C03, Shure SM58, SM 57

Comment

• I got it working flawlessly under Windows 7(64bit), but unfortunately not with my MacPro under the same OS as my laptop (10.6.4) so now i'm guesing that this is a software problem, well TC-Helicon should fix this ASAP, i already posted my concern in their support section but i am still not getting any response from them yet...
                        My Babies:Fender American Strat Deluxe Ibanez Jem7vWH, BTB555MP, Epiphone LP Standard, Sheraton II NA ,Squire Strat, Ovation C2078LX Custom Elite, GR-20, GT-10, CS-3, DS-1, DD-7, RV-5, FDR1, OD-3, GE-7, FS-6,Krank Distortus Maximus, Ibanez WD-7,Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, IBanez Jamini, Fender '79 DUal Showman Reverb SilverFace, M-Audio ProjectMix I/0, BX5a, Nova, Samson C03, Shure SM58, SM 57

Comment

• Helicon has added a looper now to the VoiceLive 2. Also they have made improvments and fixes. Check it out.

I have updated mine and the looping is way to cool!!

http://www.tc-helicon.com/

Enjoy!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by fustercluk
                            View Post

Helicon has added a looper now to the VoiceLive 2. Also they have made improvments and fixes. Check it out.

I have updated mine and the looping is way to cool!!

http://www.tc-helicon.com/

Enjoy!!

WOW! Thanks for the tip -

Unfortunately, it looks like they pulled it from the site as there is no 1.3 firmware option when you plug in your VL2 via USB and run the VoiceSupport app. Guessing they found a bug, will fix and repost.
                            PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
                            Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
                            www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

• The 1.3 FW is buggy as hell according to other VL2 users that updated to this FW, thank god i'm not anywhere near my unit when i found out that the 1.3FW has been released, if not I'm sure i'll update it right away

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by abzurd
                                View Post

Whew ..... I just read (most of) the 7 pages so I'd not double dip with my comments. I didn't see anything that would overlap so thought I'd post a few tidbits.

I had one of the first units and so have been using the VL2 since June of 09'. I've owned a half dozen harmonizers over the years including 3 from TC-Helicon and have performed over 500 shows with them. I have roughly 70 shows under my belt with the VL2. It's easily the best I've used from a sound and practical standpoint. That said I have 2 fairly major gripes about it. Luckily both can be taken care of with a couple of 3rd party devices.

My biggest complaint is the location of the "harmony" button. Obviously this is going to be the most used of all the buttons. IMO that would necessitate that it be on the outside bottom edge. Instead it's located between other buttons making it pretty much impossible to operate without looking down to see where it is. I suggested they add the ability to reassign the buttons in future firmware, but it fell on deaf ears. This wasn't something I thought of when I looked over the unit, but in practice it really is a significant flaw.

To fix the problem I use an external pedal (just a Yamaha sustain pedal for a keyboard). It's set so the harmonies work when I depress the pedal only. Advantages are numerous.

1 - no more having to look for the button on the harmonizer

2 - I can keep the harmonizer further from me and not "under foot".

3 - I'm not wearing out the button on the harmonizer

4 - I harmonizer can essentially be hidden behind the monitor wedge. Only the pedal is "out" and it's black and much less noticeable.

5 - The pedal can be moved quickly if needed. For instance, I have a few "sit on a stool by the guitar player" songs. I can flip the pedal over closer to him for those.

The second gripe is that there's no ability to stage the next preset. Scrolling is nice, but it's not good enough for seamless shows where one song is starting immediately after the last. I don't want to be staring down at the unit between tunes. I'd rather do it during solos or other "when I choose" times prior to the next song.

Have no fear.... Midi-Mouse is here. I've been using this thing for darn near 10 years. I wore out one and am on my second actually. It's dead simple to use and does what it does perfectly. In a nutshell, it's a scroller for midi patches. It has 3 functions - up, down, and search. The search feature is what makes the product so great. It allows you to stage the next preset by pressing once on the "active/search" button. The display will flash and you can then use the up/down to scroll to the next patch. You can do this by pressing once for each preset or just hold it down and it will go quickly. Once you reach the number you want you stop. It's in memory waiting for you to push the search button (once or twice I forget). It immediately goes to that number. So you can be doing a song that's preset #3 and, at any time during the song, you can pre-stage preset 40. When you're ready for 40 you tap the search button again and you're there instantly. It also runs on one 9V battery for a year or more of regular use. To hook it up you just connect a midi cable from the one connection on the midi-mouse to the Midi IN on the VL2. That's it.

I find that external pedal a must. There is no way I can keep looking down to hit that little button in the middle. I rest my foot over a pedal switch and just hold it down when I need harmony and release when I don't. I think its a must for gigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X