Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you impact proximity effect with modeling? Isn't that primarily a physical attribute of the microphone capsule? All you can do with modeling is adjust the low end EQ, correct? I'd think the lows would be boosted regardless of how far away you are from the microphone.
    PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
    Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
    www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

care to share your setup/settings using this mic with VL2 live?
      My Babies:Fender American Strat Deluxe Ibanez Jem7vWH, BTB555MP, Epiphone LP Standard, Sheraton II NA ,Squire Strat, Ovation C2078LX Custom Elite, GR-20, GT-10, CS-3, DS-1, DD-7, RV-5, FDR1, OD-3, GE-7, FS-6,Krank Distortus Maximus, Ibanez WD-7,Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, IBanez Jamini, Fender '79 DUal Showman Reverb SilverFace, M-Audio ProjectMix I/0, BX5a, Nova, Samson C03, Shure SM58, SM 57

Comment

care to share your setup/settings using this mic with VL2 live?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I have 30 some patches I use, most of which are similar effects, but different keys. I use a bit of de-essing (maybe 25%) but too much and your sibilance suffers. I don't use the auto EQ as I find it's a bit to "scooped" for my taste with overly hyped high end. For the microphone I prefer the OM5 setting as it has a cut around 120 Hz or so and it more natural overall.

Comment

uhm does it pickup the band behind you let's say you're infront of the drummer facing the audience, can you still use harmony, auto-tune(HARD) and stuff?
          My Babies:Fender American Strat Deluxe Ibanez Jem7vWH, BTB555MP, Epiphone LP Standard, Sheraton II NA ,Squire Strat, Ovation C2078LX Custom Elite, GR-20, GT-10, CS-3, DS-1, DD-7, RV-5, FDR1, OD-3, GE-7, FS-6,Krank Distortus Maximus, Ibanez WD-7,Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, IBanez Jamini, Fender '79 DUal Showman Reverb SilverFace, M-Audio ProjectMix I/0, BX5a, Nova, Samson C03, Shure SM58, SM 57

Comment

uhm does it pickup the band behind you let's say you're infront of the drummer facing the audience, can you still use harmony, auto-tune(HARD) and stuff?

It does a decent job. Better than a condenser mic, but does not isolate as well as something like an Audix OM5 or OM7. For exceptionally loud stages it could trigger false harmonies, but then again, anything but a VERY aggressive microphone with a high amount of isolation is going to do that. Any harmonizer is going to harmonize with what it hears.

Comment

It does a decent job. Better than a condenser mic, but does not isolate as well as something like an Audix OM5 or OM7. For exceptionally loud stages it could trigger false harmonies, but then again, anything but a VERY aggressive microphone with a high amount of isolation is going to do that. Any harmonizer is going to harmonize with what it hears.

So like if i really really want to use those features hardcore i should get a new capsule then?

Comment

So like if i really really want to use those features hardcore i should get a new capsule then?

Maybe, but I don't know what you'd get. A Beta 58A, which I've tried, doesn't sound as good IMO and provides only marginally better isolation. I've used an SM86, which is an condenser. As expected, it's a far worse isolating mic.

I would LOVE to use my Audix OM5 capsule, which was the primary reason for purchasing the Line 6 microphone. When it was first released it was supposedly compatible with Audix. I bought the mic the first week it was available and apparently was the first to test that claim. Compatibility was dependent on using a 3rd party adapter ring, which I had already and used on my Shure SLX system. It failed to work on the Line 6. It didn't screw on very easily to the Shure or Line 6 and I was able to exchange it for another, which did screw on easier. It too didn't work. Long story short, Line 6 followed up with Rat Sound, the makers of the adapters and confirmed it would not work. They claim the design of the adapter was changed, which I never understood. It worked on a Shure mic and Shure mics work on the Line 6 so it would be logical to assume the adapter would work on the Line 6. Anyway, they've since removed all mention of compatibility with Audix capsules. I have no experience with Heil mics, which supposedly work as well.

Comment

Working...
                X