Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm really do not good at this sapect.
    several month ago i tried to use some software like yours but seams the system does not fit.
    finally get it off.....so disappeared.

Comment

Hey Fred - If I wanted to add Firewire 800 capaibilities to my system, what's the best option in terms of adding a card? Would that be the way to go?

Adding a Firewire 800 card would be the best way to go. But either USB 3.0 or eSATA would be faster than Firewire 800. I suspect you have an older external hard drive with Firewire 800 capabilities....

Two cards to choose from:

PCIe version: SIIG NN-E38012-S3

PCI version: SIIG NN-830112-S2

Comment

Adding a Firewire 800 card would be the best way to go. But either USB 3.0 or eSATA would be faster than Firewire 800. I suspect you have an older external hard drive with Firewire 800 capabilities....

Two cards to choose from:

PCIe version: SIIG NN-E38012-S3

PCI version: SIIG NN-830112-S2

Actually it's because the Universal Audio Apollo interface prefers FW 800. It will run at half the bandwidth with FW 400.

This is more of an anticipatory question because currently, it runs only on the Mac. But they're supposed to have it Windows-compatible this Summer. Interestingly, my Mac has a FireWire 800 port but UA says that with my particular Mac Pro desktop (quad core Intel), it can really only transfer at FW 400 speeds. This was the case with their Satellite DSP farm, so I'm not surprised.

Thanks for the info!
        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
        X