Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by deanmass
    View Post

Funny how the " spending to save" thing only seems to apply to purses and shoes, but not music gear .

She doesn't even do that. She's a tightass when it come to money. Or fun.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Blue"><b><font size="7">[Z?]</font></b></font><br />
    <a href="http://soundcloud.com/mus0r" target="_blank">http://soundcloud.com/mus0r</a></div>

Comment

• Hi guys

I just got a venom and tried to update the latest driver/firmware

I am getting a "firmware fail" using osx 10.6.8

Tried both Mac Pro USB port and powered hub.

Any help would be great

Comment

• Ouch. Powered hub is definitely not the way to go. Have you tried a different cable from the Mac Pro's USB port, just in case?
        There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

• I will try, but would a brand new lead shipped with the venom be faulty? The midi and audio works ok.

I tried direct into the mac, same issue.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by CompleteCycle
            View Post

I will try, but would a brand new lead shipped with the venom be faulty?

Probably not, but I have had defective cables shipped with new devices on rare occasions. Apparently companies don't always buy top-of-the-line stuff for accessories...
            There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

• ok, cables made no difference.

I had to click the retry button, after about 4 to 5 tries the firmware update worked.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by CompleteCycle
                View Post

ok, cables made no difference.

I had to click the retry button, after about 4 to 5 tries the firmware update worked.

That would seem to indicate some kind of communication problem between the computer and Venom. But hey, if it's working...that's all that matters

Comment

• It's good to know the Venom is still alive and well even though it's stock dropped out! It's embarrassing to report that I've yet to dig into it's core with the included software program and have not yet used it on a recording, in fact, only recently I've pulled it out for use as a midi controller.
                  Gotta have my Guitars, gotta have my Keyboards, gotta have my computers so I can record my Guitars & Keyboards!

Comment

• I love this synth so much that I'm considering buying another as spare.

Quote Originally Posted by ggm1960
                    View Post

It's good to know the Venom is still alive and well even though it's stock dropped out! It's embarrassing to report that I've yet to dig into it's core with the included software program and have not yet used it on a recording, in fact, only recently I've pulled it out for use as a midi controller.

Comment

• Well, I broke down and ordered a venom this week. Amazon's clearing them out for $189 now. I figured that's about as low as the price is gonna go before they deplete the old stock. I ordered a dust cover for it as well and the Vyzex software seems to install and run OK under Linux so now I just have to sit tight and wait for the delivery truck to show up.

Considering I now own a casio XW-P1 and an M-Audio Venom there's gonna be a LOT of weird sounding noises coming out of my basement studio in weeks to come

Comment

• Craig, I have found that Macs have voltage differences between usb ports, i.e., on a mbp, the front one gets full power, while the back one is split off andcan't carry the full spec. I have not multi metered it, buta year or so ago, I dug up something online that validated it from Apple. I was working on an intra oral xray setup at a clients, and their sensors are very picky about voltage. Talking to their techs, they saida majority of built inusb ports spec to the liw side. Just food for thought.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn<br />
                        <br />
                        Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.</div>

Comment

• Just got mine for $194

Does anyone have any suggestions on a free midi/phrase writing software that you can write phrases for the Venom's arp? I thought it had a sequencer you could record phrases into!

Comment

• Any sequencer will do that. Just use your normal host ?

Comment

• I've got Garage Band (can't find a way to export to .mid) and the Casio editor that came with the XP-1

Comment

• Geez, Craig should be getting a cut out of all the gear I'm buying based on his reviews. XW-P1 and Venom within the last two months. $167 from Amazon this weekend. At that price, I couldn't refuse even if it is an abandoned product. What a shame that the new editor never made it to birth.

Comment

Working...
                                X