Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

29766624

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The second highest note does not work when transposed to octave +3 in any sound. The same key will work in any octave from -3 to +2.



    I called the synth expert from my favourite music store and he verified it using a Venom from their store.



    Of course, it's unlikely to be fixed before the universe freezes. It does not impede my enjoyment of the Venom whatsoever, I love it!

    Comment


    • My Venom Desktop project (please use the link below for more photos and scroll down for DIY info. use Google translate from Swedish):



      http://www.99musik.se/showthread.php...a-synthen-2012



      Comment


      • I bought one today on the Black Friday special from the new owners. $199!
        Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
        Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

        Bus to Neptune
        www.bustoneptune.com

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by triton76
          View Post

          I bought one today on the Black Friday special from the new owners. $199!




          While it's too bad that it appears Venom will become an orphaned product, it's still a great keyboard and also, I'm fairly confident it will be possible to get repaired in the years ahead. For $200, you can't go wrong because of what it can do.
          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

          Subscribe, like, and share the links!

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by synthboy
            View Post

            My Venom Desktop project (please use the link below for more photos and scroll down for DIY info. use Google translate from Swedish):



            http://www.99musik.se/showthread.php...a-synthen-2012







            I first thought that was a Photoshop piece of "concept" art, but then I followed the link and...wow! It's real!! That's an incredible job you've done.
            Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

            Comment


            • I got my Venom yesterday and had a lot of fun going thru some presets.

              I got the editor working but cannot access the manuals. It says they are password protected. I don't remember seeing that mentioned in this thread or at the Venom site.

              Is that a Venom thing or an Adobe reader thing?
              Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
              Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

              Bus to Neptune
              www.bustoneptune.com

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by triton76
                View Post

                I got the editor working but cannot access the manuals. It says they are password protected. I don't remember seeing that mentioned in this thread or at the Venom site.

                Is that a Venom thing or an Adobe reader thing?




                I didn't encounter that, and no one else has mentioned, so I don't know what the problem could be. Let me see if I can find the documents and post them here.
                Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                Comment


                • I found the pdf on line but thanks Craig!!



                  I love my new toy it has some rocking leads and bass and so much more to explore in the software. Going to try processing an external synth thru it next. TX81z bass or Vermona analog leads...

                  will I be able to blend it with Venom sounds?

                  I need to read up I could only get the external synth thru the left speaker no fx so far
                  Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
                  Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

                  Bus to Neptune
                  www.bustoneptune.com

                  Comment


                  • Thanks Craig! You have been a trusted voice of the electronic music community for years and your excitement for this synth was too much to pass up. I should have mine tomorrow and at a price that was out of this world! Hopefully they didn't make too many of these and the value will double in 10 years.

                    Comment


                    • I am unable to overwrite A and B bank single programs. Are they permanent or am I doing it wrong?
                      Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
                      Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

                      Bus to Neptune
                      www.bustoneptune.com

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                        View Post

                        I first thought that was a Photoshop piece of "concept" art, but then I followed the link and...wow! It's real!! That's an incredible job you've done.




                        Thank you To be honest, in the beginning I never imagined that the result would be that good. I think this look and form factor is much more satisfying to work with and really like its sound.

                        Comment


                        • I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but with all the crazy markdowns on this keyboard I'm seriously considering picking one up.



                          One question? Can it run on batteries or is it AC only?



                          Gary

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by happyrat1
                            View Post

                            I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but with all the crazy markdowns on this keyboard I'm seriously considering picking one up.



                            One question? Can it run on batteries or is it AC only?



                            Gary




                            AC only, via wall wart.
                            Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by triton76
                              View Post

                              I am unable to overwrite A and B bank single programs. Are they permanent or am I doing it wrong?




                              Single Banks A & B, Multi Bank A, and Pattern Bank A are factory banks, so you can't overwrite them, or change the order of the contents.



                              Single Banks C & D, Multi Bank B, and Pattern Bank B are user banks. Basically, half of it is ROM, half is RAM.
                              Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                              Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by viger
                                View Post

                                Thanks Craig! You have been a trusted voice of the electronic music community for years and your excitement for this synth was too much to pass up. I should have mine tomorrow and at a price that was out of this world! Hopefully they didn't make too many of these and the value will double in 10 years.




                                WOW! This synth is a lot of fun right out of the box. The last time I spent this much time playing a synth out of the box like this was when I got my Virus. It's not for everybody but will definitely have a long term space in the studio right next to the Fizmo, Kawai K5000 and V-Synth. Have to say, I had high hopes for the Novation UltraNova, which competed with the venom and marketed more...it was extremely disappointing. The Venom sounds so much more crisp and deep. Glad I found this thread and finally picked one up.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X