X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really...but can be controlled by MIDI... =D

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF
      View Post

You wouldn't. You're run the backing tracks and the LE into a small mixer, and plug the phones into the mxer. You may be able to plug the Tonelab into your computer and play the guitar and tracks at the same time through the computer too.

This is what I do. Maybe not the best fidelity, but it certainly works for my needs.
      Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by djluis48
        View Post

Not really...but can be controlled by MIDI... =D

The manual seems to indicate that it can control another MIDI device with patches... I haven't tried it out yet, though.

Comment

• Hey there, just wondering whether or not id be able to use this to power a Cab, so for example, plug this directly into a 2x12? and if so, what impadenc/wattage speakers?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by TobiastheGiant
            View Post

Hey there, just wondering whether or not id be able to use this to power a Cab, so for example, plug this directly into a 2x12? and if so, what impadenc/wattage speakers?

This wouldn't work without any 'power-amp'

only powered cab's like TECH-21 Power-Engine or similar.

Peter
            I don't have any reason to lie to you - I just do it for fun

Epiphone - B.B.King Lucille | LesPaul Ultra II | DR200CE
            BlackHeart - Handsome-Devil-Combo
            VOX - ToneLab-LE | DA5

Comment

• I know I've missed this somewhere in this massive thread...but what do you do if you just want to use the effects, and not the amp modeling? I'm liking the sound of my amps, and I'd like to use the modulations, etc., with as little tone suck as possible.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Sitar
                View Post

I know I've missed this somewhere in this massive thread...but what do you do if you just want to use the effects, and not the amp modeling? I'm liking the sound of my amps, and I'd like to use the modulations, etc., with as little tone suck as possible.

Run the LE in your amps loop and turn off the amp/cab sims.
                "Take the time to pull the weeds choking flowers in your life." J.Cantrell

Comment

• I'm playing through a Deluxe Reissue or a Blues Junior, so no FX loops...I just wondered if there was a specific setting for this problem? When I just turn the amp sims off (and run it without effects either) there's a pretty noticable reduction in tone and volume when I'm playing it through the amp relative to playing without the TLLE.

Comment

• I want to thank you guys recommendations for this unit, I bought it a few moths ago and the sound is the closest thing to a real amp I've ever heard. And added output modes (one even has an EQ!) means I can play through my old panasonic stereo. The sound from it is leagues better than I expected from an old non top of the line home stereo.

Beware of the high outputs with high frequencies though, this thing can output at very high levels, depending on the settings...

Comment

• I know that this has been covered somewhere but I scanned the entire thread and did not see the answer.

With the 4 cable method, does that put the LE's drive pedals in front of the amp and the delays and things in the loop? I am thinking that you can't do this with the LE. What units can you do this with?
                      "Take the time to pull the weeds choking flowers in your life." J.Cantrell

Comment

• I use my Tonelab with my AC-50 for several different things. First of all, I like to use it with the amp modulators off, just for effects. Second, I also use it on the AC-30 amp sim setting as a kind of third channel (I set my clean channel on the AC-50 to a pristine clean, then use the AC-30 modeler on the tonelab for a light overdrive, and use my dirty channel for lots o' stank.) The amp modellers sound good enough to get away with this, and there's plenty of room on each bank (4 presets) to set up most of the sounds I enjoy. This pedal DOESN'T do everything, but what pedal does? For the money, I think it's one of the best out there. If I find myself really using an effect heavily, I just go buy the individual stompbox (For convenience, and because pedals are sexy). All in all, a great and very diverse pedal that I use all the time.
                        Good deals with:
                        hclapp219

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Silvervox
                          View Post

I use my Tonelab with my AC-50 for several different things. First of all, I like to use it with the amp modulators off, just for effects. Second, I also use it on the AC-30 amp sim setting as a kind of third channel (I set my clean channel on the AC-50 to a pristine clean, then use the AC-30 modeler on the tonelab for a light overdrive, and use my dirty channel for lots o' stank.)

That's a really good use of the TL. I'll have to try that!

The amp modellers sound good enough to get away with this, and there's plenty of room on each bank (4 presets) to set up most of the sounds I enjoy. This pedal DOESN'T do everything, but what pedal does? For the money, I think it's one of the best out there. If I find myself really using an effect heavily, I just go buy the individual stompbox (For convenience, and because pedals are sexy). All in all, a great and very diverse pedal that I use all the time.

Yup, my sediments exactly.
                          Jon Chappell
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
                          Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

Comment

• I have a few questions....I have been using a GNX3000 for the past 2 years & was always unhappy with the "digital" sound is has...I was looking to replace it with a TLLE but was wondering if it has the same "Digital" sound the GNX has? or do all Multy FX units suffer this same problem? Also on the LE is the wah fx enabled with the volume pedal full forward?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Marco1967
                              View Post

I have a few questions....I have been using a GNX3000 for the past 2 years & was always unhappy with the "digital" sound is has...I was looking to replace it with a TLLE but was wondering if it has the same "Digital" sound the GNX has? or do all Multy FX units suffer this same problem? Also on the LE is the wah fx enabled with the volume pedal full forward?

I think TL is the best sounding MFX for the money out there but I have problems getting a really clean fender-like sound. There is new and quite expensive MFX that is supposed to do everything really great g66.eu, but for me it has too many options - I would sit the whole day dialing and not playing. TL is just plug and play with a very good sound.

The wah function has max volume, but look at p. 27 to see how you can connect an expression pedal to the TL to work as a volume pedal

Jakob

Comment

• I've read elsewhere about the Crate Powerblock as being a perfect and cheap amp for MFXs, but it's not produced anymore.

Does anybody know if it has a similar sucessor or know a similar amp?

Thanks

Jakob

Comment

Working...
                                X