No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Purpgld
    View Post

I have the TLLE and I went by and picked up the GT10 to test if I liked it more. On first impression it is too much to program. Questions:

1. The Vox Catalog indicated that there were two amp choices per program. How can this be since I have seen nothing in the manual?

2. With the 4CM is the guitar preamp the first item in the chain? What would happen if I plug my guitar into a vox wah and then into the input?

3. What does this mean if I want to put an effect before the amp?

4. Where is the noise gate in the chain?

Purpgld

5. Where is the foot volume in the chain?

ad 1: if you talk about TLLE i think the two amps per prog. was an option in the older model TLSE... sorry bout that

/Jake

Comment

• What are the best settings on the tonelab le to get close the EC song “Pretinding”?

purptiger

Comment

• This is a great thread. Took me forever to read thru it all! But I have a question...

How do I run my MP3 backing tracks on my PC into the LE and out to headphones for late nite jamming?
        Gibson Les Paul Standard and Studio, Am Dlx Strat w/DG actives, Am Std Tele w/Fralins
        Marshall DSL 50--Egnater Rebel 30--Fender Super Sonic 22

"I am Classic Rock Revisited. I revisit it every waking moment of my life because it has the spirit
        and the attitude and the fire and the middle finger. I am Rosa Parks with a Gibson guitar." -Ted Nugent

Geezer Brigade trooper #54
        No pain....Just gain!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jammer48
          View Post

This is a great thread. Took me forever to read thru it all! But I have a question...

How do I run my MP3 backing tracks on my PC into the LE and out to headphones for late nite jamming?

This is not really an answer but I run my MP3 or CD player and my LE into a Powerblock and use the Powerblock headphone jack to do this.
          "Take the time to pull the weeds choking flowers in your life." J.Cantrell

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jammer48
            View Post

This is a great thread. Took me forever to read thru it all! But I have a question...

You wouldn't. You're run the backing tracks and the LE into a small mixer, and plug the phones into the mxer. You may be able to plug the Tonelab into your computer and play the guitar and tracks at the same time through the computer too.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF
              View Post

You wouldn't. You're run the backing tracks and the LE into a small mixer, and plug the phones into the mxer. You may be able to plug the Tonelab into your computer and play the guitar and tracks at the same time through the computer too.

I have a small mixer that I never use. I am going to pull it out and try that route as well.
              "Take the time to pull the weeds choking flowers in your life." J.Cantrell

Comment

• hi, what is the good small mixer to record with Tonelab LE ? also I consider to buy a tonelab LE and Toneport UX2, and I connect tonelab to toneport to PC, because I have a laptop and don't have any cart sound. What's your solution to record with Tonelab LE ?

thank you so much

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by metallica86
                  View Post

hi, what is the good small mixer to record with Tonelab LE ? What's your solution to record with Tonelab LE ?

thank you so much

I bought Behringers 30€ USB stereo in/out U-control. It's exellent! The best 30 € spent for a laptop soundcard

Jake

Comment

• I'm about to buy an active speaker for my TLLE.

I'm between Mackie 350 or 450, leaning moston 350 because of the weight, but I don't know if I'm going to lack some low freq?

Thanks

Comment

• thank you for your reponse, if anyone have test the Vox Tonelab ST? i'm so hesite to buy Tonelab ST or tonelab LE, i'm so disappointed with my Pod x3 live and just sell it, so now I have 350€ to buy a new effect, any suggest for me please ?? :d

thankssss

Comment

• i want to get a volume pedal to act as a overall volume control so i can free up the pedal on the LE for wah and other things...can i just attach the volume pedal to the output of the LE (tonelab --> volume pedal --> amp/PA)? would i need an active or a passive volume pedal? does it make a difference?

Comment

• TonelabLE

What would have been awesome is if there was an input for a source like a cd player. TBH, that would work better for me than all the models because really only use about 4 or five amp models. This way you can eliminate a need for a mixer...just my 2 cents.

One thing i am experimenting with are the output modes. So far for my purposes i use AP2 for both headphone use and small amp that i plug TL into the main input.

What do you guys use?
                          ________
                          Martin C.

Comment

• Still trying to decide between this or an RP500. I'd be using the effects more than the amp modeling.
                            My Gear:
                            Peavey Wolfgang
                            Squier Tele Custom II
                            Marshall DSL50
                            Custom 2x12 w/ Vet30 and ET65
                            Fender Mustang II

SPAM:
                            Peavey 4x12MS - unloaded - $90
                            Schecter C1 Plus Transparent Blue with JB/59 pickups - $300

WANTED:
                            Seymour Duncan Custom/59 or Custom/Jazz set (zebra)
                            Dimarzio AZ/AN set (zebra)

My Band

Originally Posted by OverDriven

Dude you have excellent taste. Teh butt is so much more important than teh bewbz.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ledvedder
                              View Post

Still trying to decide between this or an RP500. I'd be using the effects more than the amp modeling.

you know, i do the same thing. I'm happy with the amp and cab doing most of the 'tone' work but sometimes the cab emulations do a pretty good job.

Here's a few clips of the tonelab going directly into my computer via the line-in port. The first few are the "drop d setting" so the amp and cab were modeled.

Ignore the terrible playing, i'm still trying to get used to the whole recording yourself onto the computer thing

The first three are amp model's and effects, the dropped d and hendrix preset respectively...

http://www.roomp3.com/mp3-18637-Seda...onsentual.html

http://www.roomp3.com/mp3-18639-Seda...arassment.html

http://www.roomp3.com/mp3-18640-Sedatedgenius-Ioo.html

and then here's the tonelab used solely as an effects unit, a little delay was slapped onto my ICBM fuzz boosted with the Jekyll and Hyde overdrive channel.

http://www.roomp3.com/mp3-18642-Sedatedgenius-Ffgh.html

really uncreative titles, i know

let me know what you think!
                              Originally posted by hairydangler:Nice moniker you freak.

notice the handle!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ledvedder
                                View Post

Still trying to decide between this or an RP500. I'd be using the effects more than the amp modeling.

If you're still looking I'm selling an RP500. PM me.
                                Donnie

'05 PRS CE24
                                '09 PRS SE Singlecut
                                '87 Charvel Model 3
                                '85 MIJ Stratocaster w/OFR
                                '?? MIM Strat
                                'XX Warmoth Partscaster Strat
                                '96 Peavey RSB Koa Bass

VVT Raptor & Marshall 1960a
                                VVT Regulator & DIY Thiele 1x12 /w EV12L
                                Marshall JVM210H
                                Mesa Rectifier 2x12