Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

9740264

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by Bensbeenjamin
    View Post

    I think Vox have brought more innovations to the guitar world then most people probably give them credit for...with that being said using tubes in a pedal along with the analog controls seems to me like every guitarists dream. You can take the tubes out of the amp but you can't take the tubes out of the guitarist.




    yep,that little tube amp deal,not just preamp tube now,now the 12 ax7 is a power tube in the vox valvetronix
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roby-...app_2405167945

    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=53770&T=8713

    Comment


    • So I FINALLY got through all 31 pages. Lots of good information in there. I've had my TLLE since last summer and had to put it in storage until I moved. I've had the itch too long and have started tinkering with it again. One thing I was hoping one of you could answer is if there's any way to get a dual delay going on the TL? I know there are obviously delays in the delay section of the TL but I saw there's also a modulated delay in the modulation portion. The manual says the modulated delay can simulate up to 1400 ms, but when you try and adjust the time the range is 1-10. Do I have to do math to figure out the ms and program the modulated delay that way or is there an easier way to get my dual delay action on? Thanks and keep posting! This is by far the most in depth Tonelab forum I've read so far.

      Comment


      • OK - a question for those in the know.



        Say I wanted to use the Tonelab LE in some situations JUST as an effects processor. And, I only wanted the modulations, delays, and reverbs. And I wanted to run it solely in my amp's effects loop, because I am using my amp's preamp gain with my wah, dirt, compressor, and phaser out in front. I know I can turn off the Tonelab LE's amp, cab, and pedal sims.



        However, I am wondering if the Tonelab LE can be hooked up in this way without getting fried by my amp's signal. My amp has a series effects loop with a switch for either -10db or +4db, and seems to work well with most pedals.



        Thanks!
        Good transactions with: miggy01, DonaldDemon, Virex, Buildsem, MCon, Puddlegum, adamsa, gherb, spacecaptain21, Farbulous, aldo247, flummox, Ron Jambo/infragreen, aywilson

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by teetop
          View Post

          OK - a question for those in the know.



          Say I wanted to use the Tonelab LE in some situations JUST as an effects processor. And, I only wanted the modulations, delays, and reverbs. And I wanted to run it solely in my amp's effects loop, because I am using my amp's preamp gain with my wah, dirt, compressor, and phaser out in front. I know I can turn off the Tonelab LE's amp, cab, and pedal sims.



          However, I am wondering if the Tonelab LE can be hooked up in this way without getting fried by my amp's signal. My amp has a series effects loop with a switch for either -10db or +4db, and seems to work well with most pedals.



          Thanks!




          yep ,works the same as the effect pedals



          just never ever hook it to the amp out,that's when you fry it
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roby-...app_2405167945

          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=53770&T=8713

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by teetop
            View Post

            Say I wanted to use the Tonelab LE in some situations JUST as an effects processor. And, I only wanted the modulations, delays, and reverbs. And I wanted to run it solely in my amp's effects loop, because I am using my amp's preamp gain with my wah, dirt, compressor, and phaser out in front. I know I can turn off the Tonelab LE's amp, cab, and pedal sims.



            However, I am wondering if the Tonelab LE can be hooked up in this way without getting fried by my amp's signal. My amp has a series effects loop with a switch for either -10db or +4db, and seems to work well with most pedals.




            This is explained in my post on the "four cable method" ealier in this thread:



            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...&postcount=173
            Jon Chappell
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
            Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by Jon Chappell
              View Post

              This is explained in my post on the "four cable method" ealier in this thread:



              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...&postcount=173




              Thanks Jon. That does explain it. I guess what I would MOST prefer is a signal chain like this..



              Guitar -> Wah ->Compression Pedal -> Dirt Pedal -> Amp in -> Amp Send -> Tonelab LE input -> Tonelab LE output -> Amp Return



              That way, I avoid an A/D conversion on the front-end and keep the preamp signal path completely analog, restricting the digital conversion to after the preamp and solely contained within the loop.



              Would this work?



              Mark
              Good transactions with: miggy01, DonaldDemon, Virex, Buildsem, MCon, Puddlegum, adamsa, gherb, spacecaptain21, Farbulous, aldo247, flummox, Ron Jambo/infragreen, aywilson

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by teetop
                View Post

                That way, I avoid an A/D conversion on the front-end and keep the preamp signal path completely analog, restricting the digital conversion to after the preamp and solely contained within the loop.




                Exactly right! Couldn't have said it better myself.
                Jon Chappell
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
                Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

                Comment


                • .



                  been lovin' my TLLE for years...live and studio...



                  .
                  Don't mind your make-up, you'd better make your mind up.
                  -zappa

                  Comment


                  • Hi All!!



                    Just want to say thank you for all your comments, this forum is one of the most important "pros" for buying my LE. It is a fantastic thing. Really better than I thought.



                    cheers!!

                    Comment


                    • So I'm out of cash and will do the stupid noob question... If I connect this thing to my technics stereo on the living room, will it sound any good ? Do I risk burning it or something ?



                      Cheers

                      José

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by JoseDN
                        View Post

                        So I'm out of cash and will do the stupid noob question... If I connect this thing to my technics stereo on the living room, will it sound any good ? Do I risk burning it or something ?



                        Cheers

                        José




                        I'd say it just sounds awsome through you stereo set - I do this at home now that I got my amp in the studio

                        Comment


                        • Is there any way to get the delay to continue after you switch from one path to another? When I play lead with delay (eg bank 3, no4) and then change to rhythm (bank 3 no 2), the delay cuts off without continuing as I think it should and would do with any stompbox (and even did with my old Boss ME5!!!)? Any solutions? suggestions?

                          Thanks

                          Comment


                          • First day in this community its looking quite good and healthy
                            Aditya's Blog - India Inc. - Money Saving Tips - Tech News - Cricket News - Increase your alexa rank

                            Comment


                            • New guy here as well. Just signed up today... what are the odds that the first thread I see is about the Tonelab...



                              Stopped at a guitar store to pick up some patch cables today, and they had their floor model TLLE on clearance for $250. I was seriously considering buying it, but they didn't have the AC adaptor, so I held off (I spent a good half hour in the store thinking about it, though...). I've been looking around the internet to check prices on the adapter itself, but I've had no luck. Anyone know how much these things run? If its reasonable I might just stop back tomorrow and pick it up...

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by JoseDN
                                View Post

                                So I'm out of cash and will do the stupid noob question... If I connect this thing to my technics stereo on the living room, will it sound any good ? Do I risk burning it or something ?



                                Cheers

                                José




                                Just be VERY careful of your volume level. It's pretty easy to kill a home stereo tweeter (high frequency speaker) using a guitar and distortion. I'd be especially cautious with the TL's Treble Boost and Flanger effects, the filter sweep can contain a LOT of high frequency power, and could easily toast the speaker.



                                Moderate volumes will be OK.
                                “Never attribute to malice the things which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X