No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by donsimon76
    View Post

It can sound as good, if not better, using headphones but it all depends on how good your headphones are. It sounds great with my Bose headphones but like ass with my cheap AKG's. I haven't recorded with my computer so I can't answer with certainty about that but I sometimes run my Tonelab (and my PODxt Live and GT8) through my computer to my stereo and that sounds good.

Of course, if you are going to be listening through 5w computer speakers it will not sound optimal.

thanks for the reply. when you run your tonelab through your computer, do you connect it to your soundcard? If so, which one do you have? I'm thinking about running it into my Line6 guitar port, since it could be used as an audio interface. It has an AUX input, so I think that may work.

Has anyone else connected their tonelab to a guitarport or toneport, which is used as the soundcard?

I have a pair of studio monitor headphones, the Sennheiser 280s, and they're good for when I use Amplitube 2. So hopefully I can get good quality with the tonelab connected with headphones.
    Originally Posted by Michael Scott

That's what she said.

Favorite Bands/Influences:
    Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, early Scorpions, Jack White/White Stripes, Eric Gales, Michael Landau, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Otis Rush, early Clapton, Zeppelin, The Who, Arthur Lee & Love, Deep Purple, Animals as Leaders, the Dirtbombs, Black Keys, Freddie King

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by blingdogg
      View Post

thanks for the reply. when you run your tonelab through your computer, do you connect it to your soundcard? If so, which one do you have? I'm thinking about running it into my Line6 guitar port, since it could be used as an audio interface. It has an AUX input, so I think that may work.

Has anyone else connected their tonelab to a guitarport or toneport, which is used as the soundcard?

I have a pair of studio monitor headphones, the Sennheiser 280s, and they're good for when I use Amplitube 2. So hopefully I can get good quality with the tonelab connected with headphones.

I run it through the sound card. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy and connect using the optical cable or the normal L/R jacks.

Seems like you should be in pretty good shape on the headphones.
      Guitars:Fender 50th Anniv. USA Ultra - Rickenbacker 360 - Gibson LP Trad. Mahogany Satin - PRS Std 22 - '13 Gibson SG Std - Fender MIM Strat (VG20 p'ups) - '78 Guild D40
      Heads: Mesa Dual Rec (Rev. F) - Soldano Astroverb - Marshall JVM205 Combos:Swart AST - '75 Fender Vibro Champ - 3 Monkeys Sock Monkey

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by donsimon76
        View Post

I run it through the sound card. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy and connect using the optical cable or the normal L/R jacks.

Seems like you should be in pretty good shape on the headphones.

thanks for the info
        Originally Posted by Michael Scott

That's what she said.

Favorite Bands/Influences:
        Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, early Scorpions, Jack White/White Stripes, Eric Gales, Michael Landau, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Otis Rush, early Clapton, Zeppelin, The Who, Arthur Lee & Love, Deep Purple, Animals as Leaders, the Dirtbombs, Black Keys, Freddie King

Comment

• As nobody repllied to the last message I guess everbody elses Tonelab i sworking perfectly????

Hasn´t anybody else but noticed a delay in the pitchshifter pedal when the tracing gets over 100? and/o hear the added signal as blurry if the tracing is short (ca. 50 or less)?

Please let me hear some opinions

Thanks, Jakob

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
            View Post

OK... I've got one. Against my usual try-before-buy policy, I ordered one from zzounds and it showed up the next day (w/free ground shipping, btw). Zzounds lets you return stuff, and they pay return postage, so that's about as good as try before buy as I'm going to get since I live in the boondocks.

First impressions: it's built like a chinese tank. That means, it's made in china, and it feels like it's built well, but it probably isn't. Mine quickly developed a floppy expression pedal to the point that the pedal now doesn't stay put, it just falls freely forward. I'll be calling zzounds for a replacement tomorrow. I also feel that the switch pots are cheap and don't feel "snappy" when turned, they sort of fall into the indentation. I suspect that parts like the pots and jacks are basic chinese electronic crap. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I think we all know what I mean when I say that.

After they send a replacement, I do plan on keeping it (provided the next ones pedal lasts more then a few hours). The effects sound fantastic and after a few hours playing around with it and reading the manual I was able to understand and adjust most of the effects to my liking. I found the distortion pedal models were excellent. The chorus/flanger/phaser effects were very nice and the delay effects are well done. I also found that once you get used to the "interface", it's very easy to control. Tonewise, I'm really impressed with the sounds of the effects, very nice.

As far as amp models go, they are very good. Do they sound like the amps they're modeling? I really can't say, but they do sound good. Since vox made the distortion pedals and wah on the same bank, you can't use them at the same time (wow - BAD decision, did a real guitar player actually design that?), but you can crank up one of the amp models and use that as the "distortion" pedal along with wah (that's my plan anyway).

FWIW, my typical setup is a custom tele through a blues jr. For the stereo effects I also plugged into a marshall combo. The chorus sounded awesome through both amps.

Curious if anyone else has found "floppy" pedal issues with this unit.

I bought this less then 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened to me today, I will be returning it to Guitar Center for a new one. By the way, did your fix (on tightening the screws) work?

Comment

• hi all,

i getting a Tonelab LE soon, i want to know, how can i record, tweak, transfer patches to my laptop? the only thing i have is USB port at my laptop. I do not have any midi soundcard, sdif cable.

can anyone advise?

thanks!

Comment

• I've tried recording with my Tonelab LE direct, and it just doesn't sound right to me. IMO it sounds best when fed through a tube power amp - in my case, my Peavey Triumph 120. If recording direct I'd pick a POD 2.0, J-Station, or V-AMP over my Tonelab (I've owned all of them at some point so I have experience with them).
                Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
                  View Post

"...OK... I've got one......Mine quickly developed a floppy expression pedal to the point that the pedal now doesn't stay put, it just falls freely forward. I'll be calling zzounds for a replacement tomorrow...."

Are you sure there isn't a way to adjust that?

I have a Zoom G7.1ut which had the same problem.

After undoing the bottom plate (20 screws!!) I saw there was a

nylon bush, which pushes against the axle that the pedal turns on,

with a tightening screw.... and then I realised there was a hole in

the plate for the very purpose of tightening that screw!!! DOH!

Maybe the Tonelab LE has something similar?

Comment

• hi all,

i getting a Tonelab LE soon, i want to know, how can i record, tweak, transfer patches to my laptop? the only thing i have is USB port at my laptop. I do not have any midi soundcard, sdif cable.

can anyone advise?

thanks!

Comment

• I was reading some of the earlier posts and i saw suggestions for the Mackie powered speaker for use with the Tonelab LE

Well, I also have a Digitech Vocalist 4 (thanks to your other pro review) and was wondering if it would sound good if I ran both into the same speaker? you kno, vocals and guitar as well... eventually i'll get another speaker to go withit but for now do you think i would like the sound?

Comment

• do you guys prefer the tonelab or the podxt?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mandy_tRoses
                          View Post

do you guys prefer the tonelab or the podxt?

I had the PodXT Live. I like the tones of the Tonelab better.

Comment

• I have a question... is it possible to connect my OD pedal in the effects loop and program it to be on whenever I switch to that patch?

Comment

• Honestly I'm not sure. I'd like to think you can since there is an effects loop provided. I've never messed with it so I couldn't tell you.
                              Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thedh02
                                View Post

I have a question... is it possible to connect my OD pedal in the effects loop and program it to be on whenever I switch to that patch?

Yes. The effect loop status (on or off) is saved with each patch, so if you leave your OD pedal "On" all the time, and switch to a TLLE patch that has the effects loop turned on, your pedal will be in the loop.

Comment

Working...
                                X