No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Axeslinger
    View Post

Simple question.... Why have there been NO LE's or SE's available anywhere for what seems like forever?? And none appear to be on the horizon.. Is Vox really this incompetent? Having no product on the market for months doesn't appear to be great business strategy..

Heh...I feel your pain. Mine's been on backorder for months. Every so often I visit the floor model at GC, but since I can't hear anything there I just play with the knobs.

That depends on how much you play it. Lots of amps have only a single 12AX7 or 12AU7, and they last for years. It's true that the tube isn't as easily as accessible as it could be -- or even as its predecessors.

It's my understanding that it's run at a much lower voltage than a preamp tube and should be one of the last parts to go.

Comment

• Well, thanks again Jon! I don't think I need a bigger Amp (yet!). But I didn't even realize that it had an FX loop - so now, that completely bypasses what the amp added to it before - correct? So now I can turn it up pretty loud (but not max) on the TL:LE's controls, am I right here?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mattsdf
        View Post

But I didn't even realize that it had an FX loop - so now, that completely bypasses what the amp added to it before - correct? So now I can turn it up pretty loud (but not max) on the TL:LE's controls, am I right here?

Let me clarify the issue about your phrase "bypasses ... the amp ...": Having an effects loop allows you to do TWO things:

1. Bypass the preamp of the amp (which is what you mean here, I think), using the preamp of the TL for processing and jumping into the amp just before the power-amp stage. Many people think this is the preferred way of hooking up a complex mfx (because you don't need another preamp coming after all the processing performed by your mfx).

2. Use the preamp stage of the amp, the effects of the TL, and the power-amp stage of the amp. This you would do using the four-cable method (described earlier in this forum).

#2 is the preferred option for people who have high-quality tube amps and want to take advantage of the preamp and power-amp stages of their amp, using their mfx for additional gain and/or modulation and ambient effects.

You can try both ways, too, and decide which approach is best for a given situation.
        Jon Chappell
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
        Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

Comment

• I am considering the SE version because of the extra features like volume. What I intend to use the unit for is mostly live performance where I would like to bypass the amp simulator and speaker simulator and basically use it to MIDI control channel switching of my amp and to add effects by program/group. I will only use the preamp and speaker sim for headphone practice. My concern is that the guitar tone going thru the unit even when everything is off (bypassed), my tone will be messed up. I tried a G-System and it has all of the functionality I need but even with everything bypassed my guitar tone was savaged. Can anyone tell me what happens to your tone when using the unit and everything is bypassed? Again, mostly going to use it to reduce my rack, MIDI controller and pedalboard full of effects to mostly just this unit. Will it do it or, will it turn my warm guitar tone into an AM radio?

Thanks,

Mia

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by miagear
            View Post

I am considering the SE version because of the extra features like volume. What I intend to use the unit for is mostly live performance where I would like to bypass the amp simulator and speaker simulator and basically use it to MIDI control channel switching of my amp and to add effects by program/group. I will only use the preamp and speaker sim for headphone practice. My concern is that the guitar tone going thru the unit even when everything is off (bypassed), my tone will be messed up. I tried a G-System and it has all of the functionality I need but even with everything bypassed my guitar tone was savaged. Can anyone tell me what happens to your tone when using the unit and everything is bypassed? Again, mostly going to use it to reduce my rack, MIDI controller and pedalboard full of effects to mostly just this unit. Will it do it or, will it turn my warm guitar tone into an AM radio?

Thanks,

Mia

I am curious about this too. I have a tube amp that I love and was considering a T.C G-System but if the LE can do the same thing for less than I want one. I need to be able to run time based effects in the loop and put OD/tube screamers in front. This would be a 4 cable method so I guess you would need to turn off some of the settings??? This would clean things up for me because I would no longer need to bring pedals with me. Is this probable?

Comment

• "Mine's been on backorder for months. Every so often I visit the floor model at GC, but since I can't hear anything there I just play with the knobs"

It just struck me as odd that we have a corporate driven 14 page thread to entice people to buy one of these lil devices yet you can't seem to find one anywhere in the freakin world.. cept ebay Or the SE or table top model either..

Nice planning VOX

Comment

View Post

It just struck me as odd that we have a corporate driven 14 page thread to entice people to buy one of these lil devices yet you can't seem to find one anywhere in the freakin world..

Nice planning VOX

I've been looking EVERYWHERE as well, they are literally non-existent at this point.

Most of the online retailers show end of June (musiciansfriend) or beginning of July (7/2). I'm curious if anyone knows for certain when the world may see more of these. I have to agree w/axslinger - poor planning!
                --
                Wagdog
                Check out Lunar Commander on:
                iTunes App Store
                Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                iTunes App Store
                Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by miagear
                  View Post

I am considering the SE version because of the extra features like volume. What I intend to use the unit for is mostly live performance where I would like to bypass the amp simulator and speaker simulator and basically use it to MIDI control channel switching of my amp and to add effects by program/group. I will only use the preamp and speaker sim for headphone practice. My concern is that the guitar tone going thru the unit even when everything is off (bypassed), my tone will be messed up. I tried a G-System and it has all of the functionality I need but even with everything bypassed my guitar tone was savaged. Can anyone tell me what happens to your tone when using the unit and everything is bypassed? Again, mostly going to use it to reduce my rack, MIDI controller and pedalboard full of effects to mostly just this unit. Will it do it or, will it turn my warm guitar tone into an AM radio?

Thanks,

Mia

I play my TLLE through a old MusicMan 112RP. Mostly set clean with low gain. In bypass mode my amps output sounds "diminished" The tone still is warm but it's not as loud. I could see how this might bug some folks and steer them away. But I've found the TLLE to get me close enough to my amp in those situations where I want that sound. I'm totally stoked with the way my old amp and this new device sound together.

Comment

View Post

"Mine's been on backorder for months. Every so often I visit the floor model at GC, but since I can't hear anything there I just play with the knobs"

It just struck me as odd that we have a corporate driven 14 page thread to entice people to buy one of these lil devices yet you can't seem to find one anywhere in the freakin world.. cept ebay Or the SE or table top model either..

Nice planning VOX

You have to wonder how many have already gone on to something else.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jack Gilvey
                      View Post

You have to wonder how many have already gone on to something else.

I don't think they did that many. I bought mine a month ago and the serial number is 002554.....

Comment

• 002647 also a month ago ,bought in Germany

Comment

• I see AMS now has them in stock

Comment

• It looks like some of the online retailers have them in stock now (zzounds does anyway) ... let's hope they start appearing in the retail stores soon as well.
                            --
                            Wagdog
                            Check out Lunar Commander on:
                            iTunes App Store
                            Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                            iTunes App Store
                            Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                            - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

• I read the whole thread I am still confused.

Does the Tonelab LE sound good through a clean guitar amp?

My current rig is a VOX AC30CC or a Marshall BluesBreaker running clean with this effects chain - Boss TU-2 Tuner, Boss Metal Zone, Fulltone OCD, Danelectro Fab Chorus and a Boss DD-6 Delay.

I find I want to buy a bunch of dirt boxes - Can the Tonelab LE pacify this?
                              "If wishes were horses then dreamers would ride"
                              Jon Butcher

Guitars; Gibson CS Les Paul 58' RI', Gibson CS Les Paul 57' RI, MIJ Fender Stratocaster 62' RI, ESP - LTD400NT, Tacoma DM9

Amps; Marshall Bluesbreaker RI - 30 Watt Version, Vox ACC30C1, Fender G-Dec, Peavey Bravo 112, Crate Stealth 50 Combo

Pedals; Fulltone OCD, Subdecay F-Bomb (Fuzz), BBE Freq Boost, Boss TU-2, DD-6, MT-2, RV-5, ProCo Rat II, Danelectro FAB Chours

Comment

• My current rig is a VOX AC30CC or a Marshall BluesBreaker running clean with this effects chain - Boss TU-2 Tuner, Boss Metal Zone, Fulltone OCD, Danelectro Fab Chorus and a Boss DD-6 Delay.

Wow...I wouldn't think I'd even bother with a modeler with that stuff...sweet.

Do you just want to use the effects?

Comment

Working...
                                X