No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG is not very good (so-so) on the LE or the SE

Comment

• I have a quick question im hoping someone can answer .In the new Tonelab ads It shows the display as red Led not the yellow screen shown on Vox .com .also the footswitch lights are all green leds .Has Vox changed the design to the Red led screen or is it just a mistake????

Comment

• Hi!

I haven´t figured out how to change the valve!

It seems difficult to me.

Does anybody know how?

thanks.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Theowilson
          View Post

Hi!

I haven´t figured out how to change the valve!

It seems difficult to me.

Does anybody know how?

thanks.

Why would you want to do that?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF
            View Post

Why would you want to do that?

I have the SE and I will say that I liked the sound of a JJEE83C (or something like that ) better than the stock EH12AX7 with which it shipped. It sounded fuller and not quite as fizzy when using overdriven settings. That being said while the swap was a bit cumbersome it was certainly do-able. It looks like the LE would be a much bigger pain in the behind, since the tube instead of being behind an easily removed plastic bubble is now buried beneath the case.

eric

Comment

• Hi,

I'm using the LE through the digital out. I'm getting digital 'clicks' every once in a while, while playing. I assume it has to be the LE (as opposed to my wires) since there are no clicks when LE is turned off.

Any ideas? I have the LE set to line in and the clicks occur at all SPDIF output levels... Thanks

Comment

• I've recently sold my Zoom G9 and think i may have done the wrong thing.

After a couple of amp problems i think i want to go back to a MFX.

1- for effcts thru the loop or 4CM.

2 - for back up direct to PA if my new amp fails during a gig .

Before i decide i woould like to know wether the Tonelab LE can be used thru the loop primarily 4 Delay , Chorus ,. & EQ Boost

And can it be used with the 4CM.

Cheers.
                ---------------------------------------------------

Fender Deluxe Strat
                Fender Telecaster
                Gibson LP Goldtop P90
                Schecter Tempest Custom
                Morley Tremonti Wah
                TC Polytune
                Digitech GSP 1101 + GC2
                Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36 / G Flex 212

MUSIC: The last thing to leave your soul before you die

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by lenster
                  View Post

i woould like to know wether the Tonelab LE can be used thru the loop primarily 4 Delay , Chorus ,. & EQ Boost And can it be used with the 4CM.

The answers are yes: you can use your amp's loop feature to access just the mod effects (we've covered that in this forum). And any multi-effects with a loop can employ 4CM (four-cable method). Here's how you'd route the cables for the ToneLab:

Cable 1: Guitar OUT to ToneLab IN

Cable 2: ToneLab SEND to Amp IN

Cable 3: Amp SEND to ToneLab RETURN

Cable 4: ToneLab OUT to Amp RETURN

ToneLab settings: Pedal, Amp/Cab sims OFF, select Line2 output to use EQ.

For readers wondering about "4CM": 4CM is available to people who have an amp with an effects loop and a multi-effects processor with a loop. This method allows you to do two things:

1. Use just the amp's preamp (avoiding the mfx's preamp stage)

2. Place the mfx's modulation/ambient effects after the preamp stage, where they're arguably best suited.
                  Jon Chappell
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
                  Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jon Chappell
                    View Post

The answers are yes: you can use your amp's loop feature to access just the mod effects (we've covered that in this forum). And any multi-effects with a loop can employ 4CM (four-cable method). Here's how you'd route the cables for the ToneLab:

Cable 1: Guitar OUT to ToneLab IN

Cable 2: ToneLab SEND to Amp IN

Cable 3: Amp SEND to ToneLab RETURN

Cable 4: ToneLab OUT to Amp RETURN

ToneLab settings: Pedal, Amp/Cab sims OFF, select Line2 output to use EQ.

For readers wondering about "4CM": 4CM is available to people who have an amp with an effects loop and a multi-effects processor with a loop. This method allows you to do two things:

***1. Use just the amp's preamp (avoiding the mfx's preamp stage)

***2. Place the mfx's modulation/ambient effects after the preamp stage, where they're arguably best suited.

Thanx for your reply Jon.

I tried out the Tonelab LE yesterday at my local music store and was very impressed. Knowing that i have a back up to run thru the PA is also a bonus.

My heart wants the Visual sound H2O /Route 66, but my head tells me to buy the Tonelab for peace of mind.

thanx again fot this great review .
                    ---------------------------------------------------

Fender Deluxe Strat
                    Fender Telecaster
                    Gibson LP Goldtop P90
                    Schecter Tempest Custom
                    Morley Tremonti Wah
                    TC Polytune
                    Digitech GSP 1101 + GC2
                    Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36 / G Flex 212

MUSIC: The last thing to leave your soul before you die

Comment

• Jon, any idea on the SPDIF clicks I mentioned above? Anyone else using the digital out?

Thanks

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by echoshock
                        View Post

Jon, any idea on the SPDIF clicks I mentioned above?

We should take a look at your setup.

1. What are you running the S/PDIF into? Are you on Windows XP SP2?

2. What software and what drivers are you using? ASIO, DirectX?

3. Clicks (and dropouts) can sometimes mean CPU overload. Did you try increasing the latency/buffer size? (This is easier to do in an ASIO-based system.)

If this starts to get complicated, we might want to take it offline (via PM's), but I'll be glad to help you. Just so you know, I've used the digital output and haven't experienced any problems.
                        Jon Chappell
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jon_chappell
                        Check out my website: http://jonchappell.com

Comment

View Post

Jon, any idea on the SPDIF clicks I mentioned above? Anyone else using the digital out?

Thanks

I've had the LE a few hours now. I'm also getting clicks recording digital, with the same settings I use for my old Tonelab desktop. (ie. interface and sequencer configured for digital).

Also, as soon as I carefully inserted the optical cable the plastic cover of the digital out came off.

My other initial impressions are not good, it seems to be cheaply put together in comparison to the original.

Sound wise I fail to see any significant improvement.

I'll be trying it for a while longer but at this stage I'll probably be sticking with my original Tonelab.

Hope you're having more luck...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jon Chappell
                            View Post

We should take a look at your setup.

1. What are you running the S/PDIF into? Are you on Windows XP SP2?

2. What software and what drivers are you using? ASIO, DirectX?

3. Clicks (and dropouts) can sometimes mean CPU overload. Did you try increasing the latency/buffer size? (This is easier to do in an ASIO-based system.)

If this starts to get complicated, we might want to take it offline (via PM's), but I'll be glad to help you. Just so you know, I've used the digital output and haven't experienced any problems.

Jon thanks for your help. I corrected the issue. I have the Tonelab going into my Tascam FW1082 and changed the digital clock settings and that seems to have removed the digital clicks.

Thanks

Comment

View Post

Jon thanks for your help. I corrected the issue. I have the Tonelab going into my Tascam FW1082 and changed the digital clock settings and that seems to have removed the digital clicks.

Thanks

I've also got the 1082. I was experiencing clicking when hooking up my Adrenalinn via spdif. I changed the clock setting of the 1082 from internal to external and that cleared everything up.

eric

Comment

• Sounds like tubes... great.

Sounds like a preamp... oh dear.

Sorry, IMO lacks a large bottom* (decent cab simulation) and power amp smoothness.

* Means I don't think you can do a decent rendition of 'Fat Bottom Girls' with it ;O)

Cheers,

Dude

http://www.dudemusic.tv

Comment

Working...
                                X