Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PreSonus just released version 2 of Studio One. There are a lot of enhancements as well as including Melodyne and Ampire XT.

Comment

• PreSonus just released version 2 of Studio One. There are a lot of enhancements as well as including Melodyne and Ampire XT.

The Project page also has a lot of really nice tweaks. You can export DDP files for starters, and the publishing aspect has been beefed up. There's also a dynamics measuring function that's helpful when assembling albums, and you can move/add/remove PQ markers for making CDs. This part of SOP 2 is extremely cool and fills the void that CD Architect left when it stopped developing. I've been using SOP for album assembly and been very pleased with it.
      There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

• I have a long story of switching DAWs; I started with Cubase, but
        never liked its dongle time bomb aspect. Then I used Logic Pro, but
        its Apple Loops utility was no match for Ableton Live by a mile. So I
        upgraded to Ableton Live, which was finally intuitive, except its
        Sampler just couldnt handle my 5000 hand-picked .sf2 SoundFont 2
        library. Oh, that dreaded "media files are missing" window as soon as
        I moved something... and 1 hr seek time to relink just one...

Instead of drifting through the other 30 DAWs too on this seemingly
        endless quest, lets see if I can take a shortcut. In your opinion,
        what is the most productive / intuitive DAW today to record 24 tracks
        of audio, .play back my vast .sf2 sound library, and host 4-5 VST
        plugins? Without a dongle. Any OS is fine. Dedicated hardware units
        too.

Thank you in advance

Comment

• You can get the free SFZ sample player from Cakewalk. It's a Windows VST instrument that plays back SF2 and SFZ format files, so you can insert it in whatever program you have that works with VST.

Studio One Pro, Sonar, Mixcraft, Samplitude...they all have demos. The choice of a DAW is a very personal thing, so I'd advise 1) downloading the demos, 2) downloading the SFZ sample player, 3) making sure it works in the demo programs, and then see which DAW you like best.
          There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

• Update: In Studio One Pro Version 2, Presence can load SFZ files directly. There's a tutorial video in this thread on the PreSonus forums.

Comment

• FWIW...SOP2 has a lot of cool extra features, but I saw a demo of the transient detection function to time-correct drums (and other things) at PreSonuSphere, and it was really impressive. One of my favorite features is that it doesn't stretch the attack - it preserves what appears to be around 50ms at the beginning of the note attack, so the stretching sound is really natural, and you don't lose percussiveness with drums. Very cool. Maybe even cool enough to reverse my prejudices about quantizing drum parts

Comment

• hey guys, i'm having some trouble with the presonus studio one 2 DAW.

so the problem is that it isn't registering some send automations that i'm trying to make it do..

I'm working on a quasi-heavy song that's about 32 tracks with some vsti's (onboard and external) and this one part requires this another reverb..i don't want that in any other part..but whenever i send it and automate it, it doesn't work (or atleast i can't hear it) unless i move the send level back and forth during playback, if i stop and play it again, it'll stop registering it again. i've tried changing from an external reverb to the onboard reverb. still didn't work..any idea how i can fix that or work around it?

Thanks.

Comment

• You should post your issue on the Presonus Forum. Those guys are very sharp.

Comment

• Hey everybody! There's a free update available with new features.

Comment

• Hello,

My name is Zoltan Gaspar and I am a Presonus Studio One user. I recently watched your "Craig Anderton and Mastering in Studio One - Presonus - Namm 2012" on you tube. I really enjoyed it.

I would like to ask you how much do you charge for mastering one song? (I am a musician and a studio one user and I record my own music in my home studio just for hobby).

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.  

Comment

Working...
                      X