Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in fact, I don't really need all the routing features, don't even need an Octa capture but only a Quad Capture. I just use my audio interface to record vocal takes home.

For now, even if there were a lot of problems with drivers, I'm quite satisfied with my M-Audio FW1814, but as it is 10 years old now, I wonder if modern audio interface can bring me some improvement (specially for the converters quality, and for the preamps even if I will in the future use an external preamp). So I just wanted to know if for home vocal recordings, a Quad Capture could bring me some improvement comparing to an old FW1814, or if it would be better to save my money and buy later something like an RME interface

Comment

• if you're happy with the maudio, don't see why you would want to change. perhaps, there's return policy for stuffs you buy where u are at ? then you can try. VS Preamp is apparently very flat and clean. so it can sound boring , but if clean and flat is what you are looking for, i think quadcapture is pretty good value. I'd check out the new focusrite i8 something-something too.

Comment

• There a lot of great reviews about Roland Quad and Octo Capture, and as my M-Audio FW1814 is 10 years old now, I wonder if replacing it by a "modern" Roland Quad Capture would bring me noticeable improvements (specially for converters) or if it would be better to buy RME for instance to get a superior interface

Comment

• I like its AUTO-SENS feature.

Comment

• Hi all,

Just wondering if Craig Anderton or anyone else had tried out the direct mix functionality when two units were connected together?

I have one Octa Capture and I find the live submixing functionality really handy (I use a Studer Mixer with relatively few inputs). It would be extremely useful for me to have 16-into-2 submixing capabilities. Is this possible with two Octa Captures?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

PS No issues here with 1.5 driver update (using it with Windows XP).

Comment

• I've got a Presonus MP20 2-channel preamp. Early serial number, has the Jensens, very solid, clean all-round sort of preamp.

But I'm starting to consider - if the Quad/Octa preamps are in the same quality range, I might sell the MP20, get the Roland unit to supplement my 1820m interface, and have some money left over....

Anyone have a feel for a quality comparison between the preamps on the MP20 and the Quad/Octa units? From what I've read, they are both described as on the neutral side, character-wise, so the subjective/style preference issue may not be that big a deal between the two....

Anyone have both? Heard both?

nat whilk ii

Comment

• bottlegardener, that is a great question

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by bottlegardener
                  View Post

Hi all,

Just wondering if Craig Anderton or anyone else had tried out the direct mix functionality when two units were connected together?

I have one Octa Capture and I find the live submixing functionality really handy (I use a Studer Mixer with relatively few inputs). It would be extremely useful for me to have 16-into-2 submixing capabilities. Is this possible with two Octa Captures?

I don't have two Octa-Captures, but I do have the V-Studio and can run the Octa-Capture in Expanded mode, so I'm going to assume two Octa-Captures would act similarly.

As far as I can tell there are no additional submixing capabilities. For example when running Sonar, all the inputs and outputs are available (except for the S/PDIF providing sync between the two units) within Sonar, but the interface mixer applets still show up as two individual applets. In other words neither the Octa-Capture or VS-700R applets change to a 27-in/32-out mixer.
                  N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• thanks anderton, would be nice if it did, perhaps a new firmware *HELLO ROLAND*

Comment

• HELLO ROLAND AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

My wish list

1) Since I use the virtual mixers so much during recording, I wish that the octacapture windows control panel has an option to display ALL mixers on one screen. Mixer A B C D. so I Can see everything what's happening.

2) The ability to daisy chain is great, what would be great is the ability to support 16 track of virtual mixers A B C D E F G H in daisy chain mode.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                        View Post

As far as I can tell there are no additional submixing capabilities. For example when running Sonar, all the inputs and outputs are available (except for the S/PDIF providing sync between the two units) within Sonar, but the interface mixer applets still show up as two individual applets. In other words neither the Octa-Capture or VS-700R applets change to a 27-in/32-out mixer.

Hey thank you kindly for sharing this info.

I agree with zzzxtreme, this would be a very nice thing to add via a software/firmware upgrade.

Comment

• few days ago I bought Octa Capture as my new interface (before i had M-Audio Fast track pro) and I have this problem. When I plug in my monitors, i think, left speaker is more louder than right and have more high frequencies. Please am I missing something, or how to solve this problem?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Palio
                            View Post

few days ago I bought Octa Capture as my new interface (before i had M-Audio Fast track pro) and I have this problem. When I plug in my monitors, i think, left speaker is more louder than right and have more high frequencies. Please am I missing something, or how to solve this problem?

Check the mixer applet and make sure something isn't panned incorrectly, and that the levels for the two channels match.
                            N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by lc155
                              View Post

Hey there,

I just read your review on the octa-capture, and it looks amazing. I'm currently on the search for a good budget audio interface, and from what I've heard, the Quad capture is basically the same as the octa, but with less features. (Still the same pre amps, from what I hear). I was wondering, if based on your extensive knowledge on the Octa, could you compare the Quad capture to the Komplete Audio 6? Both seem like great interfaces, but I'm not really after the extra outs and ins the KA6 sports, just sheer quality in parts and latency. (especially in the preamps). I'm not really sure on which one has the best quality in drivers/preamps.

If you could help, that'd be great.

I'm in the exactly same situation... I've read very few, but very good comments about the KA6. I just don't know if these were pro comments... anyway... how does both compare?

Cheers!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterbr
                                View Post

I'm in the exactly same situation... I've read very few, but very good comments about the KA6. I just don't know if these were pro comments... anyway... how does both compare?

Cheers!

Sorry, don't have a KA6 for comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X