Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerning SSD's, I've yet to see a test that writes 16+ audio files for 10 mins. That's a bit different than moving a really big file or lots of little ones. Not that they can't do it. Just have heard that's where you start to run into trouble. At least with "older" SSD's. Seems as though that is improving daily.

I will add I've heard of people using SSD's in mobile set-ups. But until they are more tested (and approved) I'm sticking with spinning drives for my Audio drive. However for a System drive I am a SSD convert for sure.
    ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Metric Halo 2882 Expanded +DSP, , HP Z600 (w/dual hexacore xeons at 2.66GHz, 12GB Ram, 480 GB SSD), OSX 10.10, Windows 10, Ubuntu Studio 14, Harrison Mixbus 3 , Pro Tools 12, and Reaper. Belmont Bigsby, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into an 11 Rack controlled by a FCB1010 with an Eureka Prom. A bunch of other stuff lying around.

Did I mention that Harrison Mixbus 3 is out? If not check it out. It Is AWESOME!!!

Comment

Hey, Craig-

I got my MBox Pro 3 a while back and everything works pretty well. I still have the occasional headphone dropout, but no big deal. However, I cannot get the tuner to show any signal. Any ideas? I have posted on all the forums with no response to this and thought you may have an answer. Signal is getting into the unit from my guitar, shows up and can be recorded in Pro Tools, but the tuner never shows anything at all.

Thanks-

-dj
      Nord Wave
      Nord Stage 2
      Kawai K5000S
      Korg WS-AD
      Korg TR-Rack
      Roland XV-5050
      Emu Procussion
      Presonus SL 16.0.2
      Yamaha KX-5
      Alesis Vortex

Comment

I have a question, might not be even relevant to your thread.

In terms of sound quality and conversion, which interface is better.. MBox 3 pro or Apogee Duet 2?

I've seen several reviews saying that apogee its better in terms of conversion, but you seem more in depth reviewer and after i read your review for the Mbox Pro, i got a bit confused in which interface i should buy, the duet or the Mbox.

I use mac so both are compatible..

Thank you

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sergioxg
          View Post

I have a question, might not be even relevant to your thread.

In terms of sound quality and conversion, which interface is better.. MBox 3 pro or Apogee Duet 2?

I've seen several reviews saying that apogee its better in terms of conversion, but you seem more in depth reviewer and after i read your review for the Mbox Pro, i got a bit confused in which interface i should buy, the duet or the Mbox.

I use mac so both are compatible..

Thank you

I have not yet put the Duet through the same kind of tests, but these are very different products. The Duet has two inputs and four outs, the Mbox Pro has 8 ins and 8 outs. The Duet is USB, Mbox Pro is Firewire; the Mbox Pro has MIDI and SPDIF, and the Duet does not.

There's no question Apogee interfaces sound excellent, but so does the Mbox Pro 3. You should probably base your decision on which one is the best fit for your needs.
          There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

hi there . how r u. i red ur reviews on OPOLLO-due and mbox3 pro. i have been researching for about a week now and after reading ur rew i think ur the right person to ask, so if u be so kind plz help me out.

im in need of a interface and im confused with these two. i mainly work with samples/loops in Digital performer using mac. so i mainly need it it to do pro vocals. i use autotune in realtime plus a rev and delay along with it in post production. my issue is that with AUTO-TUNE i get so much latency low buffer64 is what im doing right now using interface m-audio 1814 the results r horrible im not planing on buying USD plugins i have more plug ins then i need. with opollo ill b using native plugins. so my question is should i go with mbox3 pro . is it good enough for what need or is OPOLLO due is the pro way . my budget is not alot i wanna make a one time investment wanna b right about it. but i have to get pro vocals and using it with native plugins is opollo worth it or save my mony n go with avid if i dont get what i want then both would b useless bone friend says go with OMNI HD im not sure which way to go so plz highlight me help me out plz. also could u tell me if the pres on opollo r good enough or would i still need apreamp

Comment

I loved my Mbox Pro right up until it died on me after the warranty expired.

Comment

Working...
              X