• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen to that Bro!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DrFunky
      View Post

Amen to that Bro!

Ditto. I came in here to answer questions...and found they'd already been answered!

Neil - let me elaborate on the "format conventions." I have an idea that perhaps could become a "standard" in this thread (and maybe in future threads, too): Use Italics for verbal emphasis, and use bold for control names (e.g., "it's extremely important to keep the Treble knob below 11").

Let's give this a try and see if it works.

I did a convention in the Casio XW-P1 pro review that I might try here. There were so many posts people would sometimes miss the audio examples and downloads, so I changed the type color on those posts to blue. As people scrolled through the threads, they found it really easy to identify the "blue" posts and know there was something to listen to or download.

It's all about fine-tuning the process
      There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
        View Post

Ditto. I came in here to answer questions...and found they'd already been answered!

Neil - let me elaborate on the "format conventions." I have an idea that perhaps could become a "standard" in this thread (and maybe in future threads, too): Use Italics for verbal emphasis, and use bold for control names (e.g., "it's extremely important to keep the Treble knob below 11").

Let's give this a try and see if it works.

I did a convention in the Casio XW-P1 pro review that I might try here. There were so many posts people would sometimes miss the audio examples and downloads, so I changed the type color on those posts to blue. As people scrolled through the threads, they found it really easy to identify the "blue" posts and know there was something to listen to or download.

It's all about fine-tuning the process

Whatever you feel is best - that's what I'll do. No problem.

And I'm glad I helped answer a question to save you the time. :-)

PS - just one thought I have based on the title of this forum. Could it be modified to include the DT50 - or perhaps a different thread like Line 6 "Dream Rig" (Tyler Variax, POD HD500, DT50 amp)? I've never had a DT25 in my possession. I've only learned the little I know from reading other posts from DT25 owners. However, what bits I do know are enough to know these two amp models have some very important and fundamental differences in functionality & sonic response in relation to each other. I would not wish to confuse anyone by posting methods that work well with my DT50 on a thread dedicated to the DT25 amp. What do you think?
        Take care,
        Neal

Comment

• At this point, changing the title would change the link, so if people have this bookmarked it would disappear. But feel free to include info about the DT50, as long as it's identified as such if the technique is DT50-specific.
          There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

• Some one said something important that some folks seem to miss. The Dream Rig and it's components are not plug'n'play. What the components do is provide a plethora of options in tones. To miss what this does and see the components as not being any good because an individual cannot just plug in and get the magic tones that they are seeking is to miss the whole point.

I wonder if it would not be worth Line 6's time to build some vidios that demonstrate how to go about setting up the tones that an individual imagines. These are fairly sophisticated tools that in my experience can just about duplicate any guitar tone that a person could want. It seems that some of folks that are buying these components are not used to the idea of programing.
            Carvin DC400; Fender Cyber-Twin head, Carvin 2x12, JTV69, DT25, Epiphone Nite Hawk, Tele squire, Wechter acoustic, Carvin AG 1000, Gretch 5120

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by James Clausen
              View Post

Some one said something important that some folks seem to miss. The Dream Rig and it's components are not plug'n'play. What the components do is provide a plethora of options in tones. To miss what this does and see the components as not being any good because an individual cannot just plug in and get the magic tones that they are seeking is to miss the whole point.

I wonder if it would not be worth Line 6's time to build some vidios that demonstrate how to go about setting up the tones that an individual imagines. These are fairly sophisticated tools that in my experience can just about duplicate any guitar tone that a person could want. It seems that some of folks that are buying these components are not used to the idea of programing.

Hi James - I tell ya what I'll do. I'll be more than willing to start posting instructional videos on how I set up my Dream Rigs with DT50 amps (please note I did say "I" since everyone will not have the exact same gear I do, or like the same types of sounds I use for all the cover songs I perform in several bands), if you'll tell me how you get a photo added to make an Avatar on this site. I've looked everywhere under Profile editing and found nothing anywhere that gives in structions on how to accomplish this seemingly simple thing.

What do you think - we got a deal?
              Take care,
              Neal

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by OcalaMusician
                View Post

...tell me how you get a photo added to make an Avatar on this site.

1. Once logged in, click on Settings (to the right of My Profile) in the upper right of any forum page.

2. Under My Settings in the left column of the Settings page, select Edit Avatar.

3. Follow the instructions

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by James Clausen
                  View Post

These are fairly sophisticated tools that in my experience can just about duplicate any guitar tone that a person could want. It seems that some of folks that are buying these components are not used to the idea of programing.

That is a really, really good point.

I've logged tons of hours programming synthesizers over the years, both for personal use and in the creation of commercial products. By this point, I pretty much know what dials I need to spin to translate the sounds I hear in my head to something I can hear with my ears.

For someone new to this process, it must be like having a combination lock with a couple hundred tumblers that all have to be set to the right number to "open the lock." (Mitigating factor: I get some pretty cool sounds by trying for one sound but getting waylaid and ending up with something else!!).

I think I should work as many tutorials as possible into the section on the HD500. Thanks for the feedback (the good kind, not what happens when the singer walks in front of the PA ).

Comment

• Hi Craig - thanks for the help. Followed you instructions - now I have an avatar.
                    Take care,
                    Neal

Comment

• I think I should work as many tutorials as possible into the section on the HD500.

I have written a guide for the HD500 on the Line 6 forum. It was promoted to a document and posted on the main support page for all POD HD products. Would it be better to reproduce it here? And if yes, where and in what format?
                      Take care,
                      Neal

Comment

View Post

I have written a guide for the HD500 on the Line 6 forum. It was promoted to a document and posted on the main support page for all POD HD products. Would it be better to reproduce it here? And if yes, where and in what format?

Check your Private Messages

Comment

• Craig

I re-listened to your 12-string samples, compared them to my own JTV-69's, and would like to know how you set them up, and how you recorded those. Did you use the HD500 at all? Did you tweak the models in WB at all, or are they raw?

I'm using some pretty good amplification, I think - an SR Technologies JAM-100, and a Fishman Loudbox Artist - and I cannot get my 12-strings, in particular, to sound anywhere as nice as yours. Given that there should be no diff between a JTV-59 and a JTV-69 at the model end of things, I'm puzzled. Perhaps you can clear this up for me?

And can you tell me what EQ settings you used on your acoustic amp for recording?

I should add that I have tried running directly to the acoustic amps, AND via the HD500.

Regards

Larry

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by LarryLion
                            View Post

Craig

I re-listened to your 12-string samples, compared them to my own JTV-69's, and would like to know how you set them up, and how you recorded those. Did you use the HD500 at all? Did you tweak the models in WB at all, or are they raw?

Actually, those were just recorded direct from the JTV-59 into an Octa-Capture interface, and recorded in Sonar X1 with no processing or effects. I didn't tweak the models or use the HD500, it's as basic as you can get

Did you update to the latest firmware, which did some enhancements to the 12-string sounds?

Comment

View Post

What's the title of the document on the Line6 Support page?

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

• Yup, latest firmware, v1.82 I believe. The acoustic 12's are not useful to me, tinny sounding, too much HF. I have real Martins, the Variax does not sound anything like 'em, and that includes the 000-28, on position 3. The Gibson is OK, all I really use from that model set.

I'll have to get smart on EQ, I guess. The JTV models, as-is, are a lot better than a Boss AC pedal, i.e. better than nothing, but definitely far from perfect.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X