No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by manw
    View Post

Can someone share a few pointers ? I remember that at some point Mike Martin promised a video on how to connect the XW to the iPad, and then use the sound coming out of the ipad back in the XW.

Thanks a lot!

Connecting IPAD to XW-P1 you can see here - http://xwsynth.wordpress.com/2012/04...connected-4-2/

Comment

• Thanks fmuri! But i've read the xw blog forward and backwards, and that ipad article is more of a feature presentation, than anything else. What i wanna know is once you have the ipad connected, how do you control it? Like only hear the ipad sound on a specific zone instead of the internal sound, and how do you make a zone other than zone 1 transmit midi data to the ipad on a diferent channel, and then how to control the incoming audio signal from the ipad...at least a volume control, in order to achieve a better blend between the internal and external sounds.

Thanks!

Comment

• http://xwsynth.wordpress.com/2012/04...eyboard-split/

These are Mike Martin's tutorials for the xw-p1. I don't know if they've been mentioned here before or not.

Comment

• Hi,

I have the step sequencer and phrase sequencer running at the same time and want to play the keyboard live in solosynth on top of that, but when I do, the phrase sequencer jumps to the solosynth tone instead of the strings I had originally wanted. Is there a way to get around this?

Thnx in advance!

Comment

• Since this has become a user thread rather than a review thread, I would like to see a move over to the Keys, Synths, Samplers section of the forum. I would really only want to see that if there can be subdivisions of the thread however.

Or, would any users here be interested in a dedicated group to XW-P1 owners? Perhaps a Yahoo or Google group where we could divide up user tips into sections as it pertains to the XW-P1. I don't think Harmony Central Forums allow for that. Maybe a Yahoo group? I can start one if it seems like there is interest. I used to participate in an active Yahoo group on the amp simulator that I use and what was nice was the preset sharing section of the Yahoo group.

This is a much deeper synth than what it appears to be on the surface. The manual is useful to an extent, but there is much that it does not explain clearly.

Who is up for a user group space? Casio, please jump in and lead this if you like. Meanwhile, here's a start over at Yahoo groups:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xw-p1/join

Comment

• http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthr...05#Post2442105

Another forum for the XW

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Korianna
                View Post

Hi,

I have the step sequencer and phrase sequencer running at the same time and want to play the keyboard live in solosynth on top of that, but when I do, the phrase sequencer jumps to the solosynth tone instead of the strings I had originally wanted. Is there a way to get around this?

Thnx in advance!

You have to split part of the keyboard (upper right - for ex.) and select solosynth tone do you want for that part.

Comment

• Thank you...I bought this XW-P1 3-4 months ago and havent had the time to get into it till now. Thankfully, Mike's videos have been a tremendous help especially with the step sequencer. Im assuming then that to split the keyboard, that has to be done in Performance mode? Im sorry if I seem ignorant...Im a piano person and synths are new to me, and that manual is a bit over my head lol

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by rockstar_not
                    View Post

Since this has become a user thread rather than a review thread, I would like to see a move over to the Keys, Synths, Samplers section of the forum. I would really only want to see that if there can be subdivisions of the thread however.

It is possible to create sub-forums, but I think a blog format separate from the review, with blogs dedicated to different aspects and a useful collection of comments, would be the ideal way to go. vBulletin does not allow for that, but we're looking for software that can complement the forums and provide this kind of functionality. In my ideal world, there would be a landing page where you could jump off into several well-defined topics regarding the XW-P1.

In most cases, these reviews maintain their "reviewness" but not always by any means, particularly with "deep" pieces of gear. That said, though, a lot of the comments here on actually using the XW-P1 have helped people decide whether the XW-P1 was right for them or not.
                    CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

View Post

Thank you...I bought this XW-P1 3-4 months ago and havent had the time to get into it till now. Thankfully, Mike's videos have been a tremendous help especially with the step sequencer. Im assuming then that to split the keyboard, that has to be done in Performance mode? Im sorry if I seem ignorant...Im a piano person and synths are new to me, and that manual is a bit over my head lol

The Hex Layer also allows for splits; see post #279. Each sound you use in a layer can be restricted to a particular keyboard range.
                      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• I managed to make my Yamaha FC-4 pedal to work wih the XW. It's just a simple matter of taking the pedal appart (very easy), and switching one of the contacts to face the other way, transforming the switch into a NO (normally open) one. If you guys have this pedal and are into a bit of DIY, it's fairly easy to do, and save a few $ in the process (i know, i'm cheap :P). One thing to mention is that the plastic that holds the contacts is rather weak, and will break easily, if you use too much force. Let me know if you want, and i can post a few images that show the process.

Comment

View Post

Thank you...I bought this XW-P1 3-4 months ago and havent had the time to get into it till now. Thankfully, Mike's videos have been a tremendous help especially with the step sequencer. Im assuming then that to split the keyboard, that has to be done in Performance mode? Im sorry if I seem ignorant...Im a piano person and synths are new to me, and that manual is a bit over my head lol

No problem. Look here how to split the keyboard in PERFORMANCE MODE - http://xwsynth.wordpress.com/2012/04...eyboard-split/

Comment

• Thnx FMURI, I re-watched mike's phrase seq. vid and realized that the tone I want for the phrase needs to be part of a zone to play the tone I want. Maybe in the future it would be nice to have a parameter that controls which tone to use for a phrase in a performance so I dont have to have a zone dedicated to it

Comment

View Post

Thnx FMURI, I re-watched mike's phrase seq. vid and realized that the tone I want for the phrase needs to be part of a zone to play the tone I want. Maybe in the future it would be nice to have a parameter that controls which tone to use for a phrase in a performance so I dont have to have a zone dedicated to it

You can do this in PERFORMANCE MODE. You have to press de EDIT button and set to the ZONE defined to the TONE of your phrase and then you can change to another TONE on the fly only pressing buttons.

Comment

• This is true, but from what I've found, the phrase will play the tone in the zone that is defined in the same key and octave as the phrase, so, in other words, your zone tone and phrase tone must match to get the tone you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X