No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by raymb1
    View Post

Stiff foam. Got it from Musicians Friend. It's made for 49 keys and small 61 keys. Later, Ray

Looks like maybe it's this one.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• According to Gator's Website the proper case is the GK-61, not the GK-49

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/111196-891/gk-61

Gary

Comment

• Hello Mike, I'm writing from Italy and I

apologize now if my English is not

perfect. I hope I make myself

understood. I bought a few months XW

P1 to be included in my setup and I'm

very glad I did. Is really powerful! But I have a problem. The Casio is used in the

slave and controlled by a MIDI Roland

E60. I can control all the functions I

want, except the "start stop"

arpeggiator that I can not start from the

Roland and the change of chords arpeggiator, that I can not remotely

control. I tried everything but can not

find solutions. Can you help? Thank you!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
          View Post

Looks like maybe it's this one.

That's the one. The 49 key case. The 61 key case is too large. The 49 key case fits perfectly. later, Ray

Comment

• Forgive me as I am new to the forums...I have tried scanning the posts and have a question.

Every sustain pedal I try on my xwp1 sets opposite, meaning push down, no sustain, let up

on the pedal and it sustains. I don't see a fix or mention in the manual, how can I correct it?

Thanks So Much,

Dispozoot

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Dispozoot
              View Post

Forgive me as I am new to the forums...I have tried scanning the posts and have a question.

Every sustain pedal I try on my xwp1 sets opposite, meaning push down, no sustain, let up

on the pedal and it sustains. I don't see a fix or mention in the manual, how can I correct it?

Thanks So Much,

Dispozoot

The same occured with me and I thought was a pedal problem...

Comment

• I use an M-Audio SP-1 sustain pedal with mine and it works perfectly. There are basically two settings on a sustain pedal switch. Either NO (Normally Open) or NC (Normally Closed).

Different keyboard manufacturers generally adopt one or the other as standard for their keyboards.

Better quality pedals, like the M-Audio have a selection switch on them to select either position as the default.

Check your pedals and see if they have this switch or not. If not, then you'll just have to buy a quality pedal that supports either mode.

I'm not at my XW-P1 atm or I'd be able to tell you what it's set to, but generally the standard tends to be the NO type.

***EDIT***

I just checked my pedal. It's set to NO position. You either have to get a NO pedal or get a good quality generic with a configuration switch.

BTW, you could do a lot worse than the M-Audio SP-1. It's so solid I could club baby seals with it and I picked mine up for about $20.

Comment

• Thanks Guys. I guess I was hoping the solution would be within the XWP1 rather than the pedal type. I have a couple of pretty high grade pedals from Yamaha, but they don't contain any switches.

I was trying to go back in time because it seems this happened to me before with another board and pedal. To the best of my recollection, that keyboard had an edit function to accommodate different pedals. But I'm not tottally sure, only that I did get the problem resolved that time.

Maybe Mike could offer something?

Dispozoot

Comment

• Yeah, on my Korg TR there's a menu setting to configure the keyboard for either type of pedal but that's a feature generally found only on higher end keyboards. AFAIK the Casio menus have no such option and they're actually pretty simple menus so I don't think I missed one anywhere.

Comment

• Hello, really great thread. One of the deepest I've seen for any synth. Sorry if the question has been asked before but I've not been able to find the answer anywhere. I know that you can use an external keyboard with the XW-P1 but can you attach an external keyboard and use it in a dual manual configuration? Say, Zones 1 and 2 on the XW and 3 & 4 on a "lower" manual controlling PCM sounds on the XW? What I would like would be the drawbar organ on the top and one of the PCM organs on the lower for comping (ideally drawbar on both but...hey, can't have everything).

Thanks!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by YC45D
                        View Post

Hello, really great thread. One of the deepest I've seen for any synth. Sorry if the question has been asked before but I've not been able to find the answer anywhere. I know that you can use an external keyboard with the XW-P1 but can you attach an external keyboard and use it in a dual manual configuration? Say, Zones 1 and 2 on the XW and 3 & 4 on a "lower" manual controlling PCM sounds on the XW? What I would like would be the drawbar organ on the top and one of the PCM organs on the lower for comping (ideally drawbar on both but...hey, can't have everything).

Thanks!

I'll have to verify later (I'm not at my music computer right now), but I'm almost certain that what you want to do is possible. It just takes a little setup work in the various MIDI options - asking the XW-P1 to respond to incoming data for certain zones, and telling it not to send data to those zones. But, I'll confirm later.

Comment

• Reply to Voice of truth !!!!You talk crap dude ! The only agressive one is you! Anderton is making a damm good job here!very usefull!!! BMW and Mercedes are 5 to 10 time cheaper than Ferrari or lamborghini,but are Mercedes and BMW crap? I doubt it !!! Just because casio made it quiet cheap and in the reach of many doesn t make it bad ! Anyway do you own one?how do you know it s bad? Some product from Roland are quiet expensive and are crappy!! Price is not always a reference!! As you say good bye,well thanks good bye!!You have made enough a fool of yourself!! NERD

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by djyucatec
                            View Post

Reply to Voice of truth !!!!You talk crap dude ! The only agressive one is you! Anderton is making a damm good job here!very usefull!!! BMW and Mercedes are 5 to 10 time cheaper than Ferrari or lamborghini,but are Mercedes and BMW crap? I doubt it !!! Just because casio made it quiet cheap and in the reach of many doesn t make it bad ! Anyway do you own one?how do you know it s bad? Some product from Roland are quiet expensive and are crappy!! Price is not always a reference!! As you say good bye,well thanks good bye!!You have made enough a fool of yourself!! NERD

No worries, he left a long time ago. Probably couldn't handle having it pointed out to him that there are lots of synth waveforms in the XW-P1, although to be fair, we cannot discount the possibility that an evil demon who knows the XW-P1's operating system broke into Voice of Truth's house just prior to his posting here, and erased all the synth waveforms from his XW-P1's ROM while he was sleeping.

I was thinking of deleting his posts at the beginning because he pwned himself so thoroughly, but a thread like this could use a little comic relief so I left them in.

Comment

• The XW-P1 or the XW-G1 ? I need help !! I just can t decide the one I should take ,,, I love the loop overdubbing Fonction on the G1 ,but in the other hand the

Hex Layer seems so cool... Help I finally got the money together,but now I am finding hard to choose the G1 has less sounds but got the looper,,the P1 has more souns,the layer but no looper,,, HELP me!! By the way this forum was a savior ,,,somany people talk so bad out there about the casio and they don t even did test them...a real pity .Thanks guys ,perhaps you can give wise advise to help me to choose

Comment

• Well as you've already found out, the P1 and G1 are different animals. It's sort of like the "synthesizer vs. sampler" debate.

I reviewed the G1 in the October 2012 issue of Electronic Musician magazine, I think it does a fairly complete job of presenting what the G1 is about. If I HAD to generalize, I'd say the G1 is more about live performance looping/sequencing and the P1 is more about playing keyboards, although both overlap. Also note that in addition to omitting the hex layer option,the G1 does not have the drawbar organ engine.

I will be doing some posts on the G1 here, but they'll be more about what features it includes that are different from the P1 rather than a "shootout" between the two.

One other thought: You can use looping pedals, like those from DigiTech, Korg, Roland, etc. to do cool looping stuff with the P1. This might give you the "best of both worlds" for not too many extra bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X