No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by daviel
    View Post

The files are where they are supposed to be in preferences, but they are still not in my XW-P1. How do I transfer them to the instrument? Do I use midi in/out as in the preferences diagram instead of USB?

The XW-P1 does USB over MIDI, no need to use the 5-pin connectors. I'm not at my music computer now and won't be for several hours, but will help later.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• David...

Haven't got a mac but assume it works in the same way as a pc....The box at the top that say's "performance" is where you select what you want to send to the synth. IE a Hex sound, solo synth, drums. Ect. So, you need to select Hex if you want send Hex sounds, select Solo synth if your sending solo synth, ect, you get the idea?. But, how do you get them into the synth.. Well what i did,and someone will say this is the wrong way to do it, but it works for me.. first I unziped the files to the desk top on my pc and then, on the xw-p1 editor I dragged each file from the desk top into the left hand window on the editor and when I have the sound's (files) in the the left hand window I just drag them across to the right hand window putting them in the next free bank. hope this helps

Comment

• Below the box that begins with "performance" my page is labelled "PC" - since the first rectangle will not accept a drag and drop, I have assumed there is a "mac" page. I loaded this page from the "Mac" download. Problem may be that I did not take care to label the tone correctly - Hex, solo synth, etc. I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Daviel, no need to "label" anything. I'm getting my Mac back later today, I'll do my best to get some screen shots up for you later this afternoon.
          -Mike Martin
          Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• Daviel,

Hopefully this will clarify things for you.

Unzip the file that contains the solo synth and hex layers. The following two screen shots should show that the files have been copied to the correct location, which corresponds to the location in the editor.

Next on the TRANSFER page of the editor use the Pull down menu from the top and select SOLO SYNTH.

On the next screen you can drag the files from the left side to the right into empty user locations.

-Mike Martin
            Casio America, Inc.

Comment

• Is this possible to do in the xw-p1. I am trying to do it in hex layer because in monophonic I believe it is not possible???

Just need 2 saw osc. I am guessing u could run 2 saw layers in Hex?

Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_qWJ9sMO8

Comment

• Anyone know of a case that fits the xw-p1 exactly? Thnx, Ray

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by raymb1
                  View Post

Anyone know of a case that fits the xw-p1 exactly? Thnx, Ray

These guys will build one to exact specs for about $275

http://www.keyboardcases.com/

Gary

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DarksiderzNoel
                    View Post

Is this possible to do in the xw-p1. I am trying to do it in hex layer because in monophonic I believe it is not possible???

Just need 2 saw osc. I am guessing u could run 2 saw layers in Hex?

Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_qWJ9sMO8

Check out the audio attachment...like this?

I know it's supposed to be hardstyle, but I couldn't resist getting a scratching vibe in there. Actually I kind of like it!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                      View Post

Check out the audio attachment...like this?

I know it's supposed to be hardstyle, but I couldn't resist getting a scratching vibe in there. Actually I kind of like it!

yes Exactly!!! Can you make that a patch and upload on here???

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DarksiderzNoel
                        View Post

yes Exactly!!! Can you make that a patch and upload on here???

Of course! It's your reward for contributing to the thread

The .ZSY file type isn't recognized by vBulletin as valid for uploading, so it's a zip file and you'll need to unzip it.

If you need an explanation of how the patch works, let me know...it's a Solo Synth patch.

Have fun!!!

Comment

• $275 for a case for a $499 kb? Where is my dremel tool! Yikes!
                          Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by deanmass
                            View Post

$275 for a case for a $499 kb? Where is my dremel tool! Yikes!

That's the going price for a roadworthy case that can handle an airport baggage handler or a roadie on crystal meth.

Of course for the more budget minded there's always duct tape and a couple of Hefty Bags

The OP asked for an exact fitting case. He didn't specify if a soft bag was good enough but I doubt he would have asked for an exact fit unless he was asking about a hard shell case.

Anyway, it's not about the price of the hardware if you're working paying gigs. Then it's all about getting the sound you want to the gig in working condition

Comment

• Hello, this is my first post here and English is not my first language so please don't shoot at me At first I have to say that this thread is great and it helped me to survive the long time I had been waiting for my XW-P1 to arrive. Now can I have a question?

I've started to learn how to use XW-P1 by playing the songs that I like. I prefer to programm drums and bass line and play the other parts by myself when it is possible. I'm struggling with limit of 99 patterns when creating the chain. Most of the songs that I'd like to play consist of 130-150 bars. Sometimes it is possible to repeat one pattern for several bars in a row and in some cases I have "doubled" the number of patterns used in the chain by programming two bars into one pattern (and setting the tempo to half speed of the original bpm). But what can I do when it's not possible to do it?

Let's say I have the song that has following structure:

Intro

Verse

Chorus

Verse

Chorus

Break

Verse

Chorus

Outro

Verse has got following structure:

Pattern 1 Tone B

Pattern 2 Tone B

Pattern 1 Tone D

Pattern 2 Tone D

Pattern 1 Tone G

Pattern 2 Tone G

It would be great if I could create the subchains for these parts (Intro, Verse, Chorus, ...) and then just put it together into the main chain. But I doubt it is possible.

Another thing when using the chains is confusing. Let's say I have performance "Song 1", step sequence "Song 1", chain "Song 1", performance "Song 2", step sequence "Song 2", chain "Song 2". When I switch from performance Song 1 to Song 2 I have to manually switch from chain Song 1 to Song 2. In other words the chain is not the part of the settings that are stored as a performance. But it is not big deal for me.

I hope it makes sense, it took me almost one hour to write this post

Comment

• The XW-P1 can playback midi files, you might use a laptop and a DAW of your choice to create them. Or connect an iPad and use garage band.

Comment

Working...
                                X