• Show
Clear All

• Ok, so I have a bunch of different apps loaded such as

Nextlevelguitar - guitar lessons

Garageband - recording and ability to play with instruments

Songsterr - Tab sheet music

Tabs - Tab sheet music

Guitartoolkit - Scales, Arpeggios, Metronome, Chords

and I was thinking it would be nice down the road if maybe the iPB had some of these features such as the metronome, chord and scale glossary, and arpgeggios at a glance. Also, maybe have the ability to record directly in the IPB rather than outside of it. Again, I know that all these apps do these things but sometimes it is nice to have everything in one.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
      View Post

Ok, so I have a bunch of different apps loaded such as

Nextlevelguitar - guitar lessons

Garageband - recording and ability to play with instruments

Songsterr - Tab sheet music

Tabs - Tab sheet music

Guitartoolkit - Scales, Arpeggios, Metronome, Chords

and I was thinking it would be nice down the road if maybe the iPB had some of these features such as the metronome, chord and scale glossary, and arpgeggios at a glance. Also, maybe have the ability to record directly in the IPB rather than outside of it. Again, I know that all these apps do these things but sometimes it is nice to have everything in one.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Clearly you jest, good and well-intentioned as this may seem. Maybe DT could manage the metronome, since this would seem to be relatively simple. But the thought of them doing anything at all sophisticated with software ESP using their "team of one" approach is wishful thinking. It's been long ago suggested that the best thing they could possibly do is to release an API for developers to come in and do everything you suggested and more. But Digitech is certainly not up to the task. Personally, I don't think we will ever see even an API, since that would also involve a major effort on their part. It's sad really, because this unit together with the iPad really has almost unlimited potential, but it will take more ingenuity and effort than DT can muster.

Comment

• I just see how awesome this could be. It has so much potential. It just drives me nuts to see it not given the attention it deserves. Anyway, one can dream.

Comment

• How 'bout a reasonable babystep compromise. A future update can have an area for My Apps, to launch App1, App2, App3, App4 .. App X.

The labels would be user-configurable ; the apps being lauched would be user-chosen from a picklist of installed apps.

In that way, I can be in Nexus, and simply tap on My Apps, see my list of Music, Songsterr, OnSong, TabToolkit and Dictionary, and easily access them.
          iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
          My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• At the very least I would love if we could purchase and add pedals from the stomp shop to iPB. I was just listening to a couple of good effects.

Comment

• Ok, I was just looking at Digitech's website and reading through the specs of the RP1000 and iPB and was wondering if there was an import feature on the iPB we should be able share/import with those devices as well, right?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                View Post

How 'bout a reasonable babystep compromise. A future update can have an area for My Apps, to launch App1, App2, App3, App4 .. App X.

The labels would be user-configurable ; the apps being lauched would be user-chosen from a picklist of installed apps.

In that way, I can be in Nexus, and simply tap on My Apps, see my list of Music, Songsterr, OnSong, TabToolkit and Dictionary, and easily access them.

That works too!!

Comment

View Post

At the very least I would love if we could purchase and add pedals from the stomp shop to iPB. I was just listening to a couple of good effects.

I totally agree with this, and there is financial incentive for DT to add a feature like this. I have to disagree, though, with the addition of tangential capabilities like tab and recording. I like the fact that I can choose from a number of such products that will work with iPB and Nexus already, and I'd rather have the Nexus app stick with what it's good at, namely being a great interface to design pedalboard/amp patches and store a library of them. Improve that capability, and add enhancements to that, such as save/share patches, looper, tap tempo, downloadable pedals sims, etc. but don't worry about extra functionality that's already available from app developers that are focused on those pieces. My two cents, anyway.

Comment

• I have mentioned mediaman09 that we should start sharing some of these apps with each other, just like we with other stuff

Comment

View Post

Ok, I was just looking at Digitech's website and reading through the specs of the RP1000 and iPB and was wondering if there was an import feature on the iPB we should be able share/import with those devices as well, right?

Surprisingly enough, even moving from one RP device to another you can't share presets between different models, even though all of them have similar features, same DSP, and have the X-Edit software in common. I had to recreate my RP350 patches on my RP500 by screen-shooting and manually recreating, and ditto for moving my RP500 presets into the iPB. It struck me as a hardware vendor not really getting into the software mindset and realizing that creating a common data format for save/export would be useful. There was a 3rd party data conversion tool that mostly worked, which proves that it's possible, at least moving UP the device chain (because for the most part RP 250 features are a subset of RP350, which are a subset or RP500 and so on). Hopefully now that digitech is further along in the software game, they will pay attention to such things as data compatibility between devices. This could be in their own interest if it enables buying additional stompboxes for the iPB similar to the iStomp.

Comment

View Post

I have mentioned mediaman09 that we should start sharing some of these apps with each other, just like we with other stuff

Great idea!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
                          View Post

... But the thought of them doing anything at all sophisticated with software ESP using their "team of one" approach is wishful thinking. It's been long ago suggested that the best thing they could possibly do is to release an API for developers to come in and do everything you suggested and more. But Digitech is certainly not up to the task.

There is a much bigger problem not very far down the road.

The iPB-10 will never be passes onto your kids. It will never be vintage or classic. Why? The Nexus app will not be updated indefinitely. At some point, there will be an iOS update that kills Nexus, and at some point DT will end their support of it. When these two points intersect, your iPB-10 is dead. (Nexus was the first app I checked after iOS6). Remember, Nexus is more than just an editor, (like Genedit or Xedit). This makes Nexus is the most expensive app on your iPad. When Nexus dies, it will cost you $500.

This is why the "one engineer" approach to support is the fatal flaw in their business model. And for us, a fatal flaw in the product design. (Try getting support for Pro Tools 7 or earlier....and they charge half a grand for the product. Nexus is free!).

DT must articulate how they plan to support this product going forward. Otherwise the clock is ticking.

Comment

View Post

Yes, there is some complaining but there is also a lot of people talking about other stuff such as modeling, what we are doing with the pedal, and creating and sharing patches. I myself have posted a bunch of stuff and jumped into many conversations about different topics. I think once the update comes out, most people here will relax a little.

I think the pedal is awesome. Update or not I think it is an incrediable product and digitech could add so many things to this pedal with ease because of the design, it is endless. I wouldn't even mind if they charged for some stuff. If it meant that they would release more stuff quicker and add features, I would pay.(Ex. if they offered additional pedals) It would be awesome to be able to add additional pedals or features that you get to pick from. It would be like iPB and stompbox combined. It is by far the best guitar product I have come across in a long time. Maybe I'm a little out of the loop but the iPB does everything I wanted it to do and more, now I just want more. haha

All seriouness though look around a little more and you will see that there just as many people doing good things here as people complaining. And by the way if you have some patches or discussions share them. Nothing like keepking our minds off the update with a couple of good patches or discussions

Yes, absolutely, I agree with you. I've posted before that I don't get all the griping... I mean, it's hard for me to believe that the capabilities people are waiting for in the updated Nexus software is make-it or break-it in terms of IPB-10 functionality for them. But given the emotion, I guess it must be for some. Seems like the best thing to do at this point is just to ignore the negative stuff and focus on all the current capabilities of this little baby.

Anyway, I appreciate the stuff you've been posting and will try to start contributing on that level too.

Comment

• MediaMan09 is going to create an area on his site which apple apps will be located.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                                View Post

There is a much bigger problem not very far down the road.

The iPB-10 will never be passes onto your kids. It will never be vintage or classic. Why? The Nexus app will not be updated indefinitely. At some point, there will be an iOS update that kills Nexus, and at some point DT will end their support of it. When these two points intersect, your iPB-10 is dead. .. DT must articulate how they plan to support this product going forward. Otherwise the clock is ticking.

DigiTechRep, can you comment on this issue?

DT cannot support a product forever, so I am fine with that... but the point about a future iOS update potentiially killing Nexus and thus rendering iPB-10 dead , well that's a different matter, and one worthy of some discussion. Would like to hear your pespective on this, hopefuly in a way to put the issue to rest!
                                iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

Working...
                                X