No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
    View Post

Ok, so I have to ask whatbusnthendeal with connecting your guitar using the 4cm. I come from the days of when you would just plug your guitar into your effects and then into your amp. I never even use to worry about the order. Second question is I also noticed that in iPB that you can place the amp in different locations. Where do most of you place this and what is the big differences?

Haven't posted anything here in a long time, too many negative discussions. Seems like there's more talk here about than there is about guitar playing. I figure I can use my fingers to press down keys on a keyboard or strings on a fretboard, decided on the latter

You would think 4CM would be better, but I've tried both for extended time and keep going back to the simple guitar-> IPB10->amp. I just like the tone and dynamics of my tube preamp I guess. Just sounds better to me. So the IPB10 for me acts like a really (infinitely!) complicated pedalboard for me, where some of the pedals are amp models. But tone is in the ear of the beholder so you might have a different experience.

I would really like to read posts from people who want to talk about their experiences with the IPB10, what amp models they use, which pedals they prefer, how they set up their patches, etc. rather than how evil Digitech is or blah blah. Anyone know of a forum like that?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fingers
      View Post

Haven't posted anything here in a long time, too many negative discussions. Seems like there's more talk here about than there is about guitar playing. I figure I can use my fingers to press down keys on a keyboard or strings on a fretboard, decided on the latter

You would think 4CM would be better, but I've tried both for extended time and keep going back to the simple guitar-> IPB10->amp. I just like the tone and dynamics of my tube preamp I guess. Just sounds better to me. So the IPB10 for me acts like a really (infinitely!) complicated pedalboard for me, where some of the pedals are amp models. But tone is in the ear of the beholder so you might have a different experience.

I would really like to read posts from people who want to talk about their experiences with the IPB10, what amp models they use, which pedals they prefer, how they set up their patches, etc. rather than how evil Digitech is or blah blah. Anyone know of a forum like that?

Yes, there is some complaining but there is also a lot of people talking about other stuff such as modeling, what we are doing with the pedal, and creating and sharing patches. I myself have posted a bunch of stuff and jumped into many conversations about different topics. I think once the update comes out, most people here will relax a little.

I think the pedal is awesome. Update or not I think it is an incrediable product and digitech could add so many things to this pedal with ease because of the design, it is endless. I wouldn't even mind if they charged for some stuff. If it meant that they would release more stuff quicker and add features, I would pay.(Ex. if they offered additional pedals) It would be awesome to be able to add additional pedals or features that you get to pick from. It would be like iPB and stompbox combined. It is by far the best guitar product I have come across in a long time. Maybe I'm a little out of the loop but the iPB does everything I wanted it to do and more, now I just want more. haha

All seriouness though look around a little more and you will see that there just as many people doing good things here as people complaining. And by the way if you have some patches or discussions share them. Nothing like keepking our minds off the update with a couple of good patches or discussions

Comment

View Post

All seriouness though look around a little more and you will see that there just as many people doing good things here as people complaining. And by the way if you have some patches or discussions share them. Nothing like keepking our minds off the update with a couple of good patches or discussions

I'm moe of a newbie on the effects side, so I certainly appreciate the conversation leaning more in that direction. I've played around with 4cm and having the ipb-10 between my guitar and amp and can see some advantages to both. In the non 4cm setup, there's the advantage of simplicity. In the case of 4cm, I can take advantage of my amp's pre amp. Also, I have two amps and want to take advantage of running in a stereo config as well as be able to let friends use the second amp when they're over to jam. Any thoughts on how to get the best of all these objectives?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
          View Post

Hey folks, sorry for the absence over the week/weekend, I've been busy testing other product that is about to be released and editing the JamMan SoloXT demo video.

Anyhow, I just met with engineering to find out what is going on, since I fully expected the update to be approved and released by now. Apparently there is still a crash with the file restore and they stopped the approval process to fix it.

I know this is stressful and disappointing, it is driving me nuts too! Believe me, catching up on the posts in this thread this morning was quite painful.

I apologize for any angst and stress this may have caused our users.

I'd also like to add that the suggestion to have smaller, more frequent updates is insightful and a great idea. I will push to implement this idea in our iPB-10 meeting tomorrow. However, that being said, the file save/restore feature in the upcoming update is a big deal and affects all areas of the code. So even if this next release were a smaller release, we would still be having the same problems.

Oh, and guys let's please take the tenor ITT down a notch or two. I'd hate for anyone but me to get in to get in trouble about this. This DigiTech's problem and no-one else's. We are trying for the first time in our history to be as open about this process as we are able. You are seeing some warts and growing pains, but they are ours alone.

DTRep- I want to sincerely thank you for staying connected to this forum, and providing what info you can. I'm one of those who has been increasingly impatient (and consequently critical) over the past few weeks, but that's just because I'm very excited about the amazing possibilities for the iPB-10, not because it's not already an amazing tool that I use for every gig.

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there- I don't envy your position!

Comment

• I would also like to thank DigiTechRep for all the info. Just got my IPB a few weeks ago and it is my first digitech gear ever. The product is amazing and I'm so glad I sold my old analog stuff. Even though old rockers would curse me for saying that ;-)

Right now I'm looking for a flight case and I've come across this: http://www.thomann.de/dk/thon_case_digitech_ipb10.htm

It looks really cool - has anyone found other alternatives that are hard cases? - not the fluffy bags... I need to be able to throw my ipb in a trailer with no fear of damaging it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Foghmar
              View Post

Thanks for the good points. I think you are spot on with the cabs merely being EQ's. I've tried lowering the gain on a simulated cab and pushing the volume to sort of try to make the cab-sim produce a break-up with no luck... hope it makes sense.

Cab sims are still interesting to me even through a real cab however. Because I do treat them as simply EQ settings, some interesting sounds can be sculpted by running the cab sims through another (real) cab. It's not unlike chaining together two dirt sounds in series - something Im hoping will be included in the now legendary update.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Foghmar
                View Post

... Right now I'm looking for a flight case and I've come across this: http://www.thomann.de/dk/thon_case_digitech_ipb10.htm

It looks really cool - has anyone found other alternatives that are hard cases? - not the fluffy bags... I need to be able to throw my ipb in a trailer with no fear of damaging it.

Some have suggested this one : http://www.rondomusic.com/pdc410fbk.html
                iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Jaherald25
                  View Post

Everyone,

I have been following this for awhile and decided I would post something here.

I was wondering if anyone here does any worship music, and if so what kind of tones are you getting from the IPB-10? I am a worship leader but recently I have decided to play some more lead guitar, but I don't really have a good grasp on how to make tones that are quality and good for worship. SO if anyone has any that they'd like to screenshot and share, it would be greatly appreciated!

I have used it in a worship context, although I'm more often playing bass guitar or acoustic guitar with our group at church. Your question is really hard to answer though, because "worship" doesn't describe a style of music as much as it does the intent of the music. There is a large variety of guitar tones that could be useful to you, and they wouldn't necessarily be different from those tones that are useful to a rock, pop, or country guitarist. It all depends on the song and how it fits in the arrangement.

I'm a big fan of experimentation, just playing around with different effects and settings to see what they do and what kind of sounds you can come up with. One good method is to have an idea in your head of what you want it to sound like (maybe modeled after a recording you like), then go through the presets until you find something "close". Now start changing things out. See what happens when you switch out one pedal for another, or change the amp, or the speaker cab sim, add a chorus or delay, etc.

If there's a specific tone you're after that you're having trouble nailing down, maybe try posting a link to it and see if you can get some help in terms of what settings on the iPB 10 can get you close to it.

I know that wasn't a direct answer to your question but I hope it helps.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                    View Post

Some have suggested this one : http://www.rondomusic.com/pdc410fbk.html

Cool... looked like a good product with a nice price... right until adding the shipping cost to Denmark = 101 dollars! - so that's a total of 140 bucks... which means it's the same price as the one I found which was also kind of expensive :-(

Comment

• Thanks!

What I am trying to nail down are some Hillsong tones and Bethel Live tones.

http://grooveshark.com/s/One+Thirst/3Dnxi6?src=5 This is a link to Grooveshark its a song called One Thirst and I am trying to get the lead and rhythm tones down, but I am having some issues. I like the way that it sustains but as it is decaying it starts to fizzle almost. I don't know how to describe it, but its sweet. I can get the tone pretty close but not the decay part. I have no idea what to do.

I have no idea what I am doing. I recorded a bit of what I have already last night and can upload that so you can see where I am at with it right now. But I have no idea how they got the decay like that.

IF you have any tones you love I'd love to hear them. I really do wish there was a way that we could just share tones quick and easily.

Comment

• Well, I took the plunge today and bought the iPB-10. I've been waiting for the update to come out. So I've either jinxed it or broken the curse. Now I can start trying out some of these patches people have been creating.

Comment

• What's up with the google warning for malicious malware when entering this page? guess it's because of all the spam?

Comment

View Post

Yes, there is some complaining but there is also a lot of people talking about other stuff such as modeling, what we are doing with the pedal, and creating and sharing patches..... I think the pedal is awesome. Update or not I think it is an incrediable product and digitech could add so many things to this pedal with ease because of the design, it is endless...... It is by far the best guitar product I have come across in a long time. Maybe I'm a little out of the loop but the iPB does everything I wanted it to do and more, now I just want more. haha .... . ...

Just wanted to echo those thoughts. I think between the inherent "richness" of the product (even as is), the dedication and support of DigiTechRep, and a growing and committed user base, it is my hope we are all going to be in good company for a long time.

Back in post 317, I still chuckle when I read Craigs comment that "The positiveness works both ways...with this forum, DigiTech has access to what is probably the most engaged and intelligent focus group on the planet "

Comment

• I added some more content to the ready reference site - see activity log.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                                View Post

I added some more content to the ready reference site - see activity log.

Awesome. You are on fire with that site. Great stuff!

To the discussion on Amps and Cabs - here's my newbie experience so far...

I've played around with connecting my iPB to my Marshall Class5 (straight in), Marshall DSL-401 (both straight in and 4CM), and Tweaker 15 (both straight in and 4CM). For my usage, I don't have a big need to switch between the iPB and amp's native preamp tone. So the 4CM didn't seem to be worth the hassle to me.

Regarding straight into the amps input, I think I prefer the Tweaker 15. It's been a couple weeks since I've done these back to back, so i can't give a good assessment of the differences, but the tone just sounded better to me through the Tweaker. DSL401 was next in preference. Last was the Class5 - it seemed a bit muddy or muffled if I recall correctly. But I didn't spend a lot of time tweaking things to make it work, since the Tweaker did a better job right off the bat.

Having said all that, I've been really curious about people's great reviews of the Tech 21 Power Engine 60 and it's more transparent sound. So I took advantage of GC's 15% off to try it out. I can easily return it in-store with no hassle if I don't care for it. But I was thinking it would be nice to have an amp that is light, simple, doesn't really color the tones out of the iPB, and would also be able to plug directly into a PA via the XLR if needed. So we'll see.
                                Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
                                - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
                                - '06 Martin D-16R
                                - '07 Little Martin
                                - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
                                - Marshall JMP-1C
                                - Marshall Class 5
                                - Marshall DSL401
                                - Egnater Tweaker
                                - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

Working...