No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
    View Post

I am curious to know the basis of your stating that as a fact. According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation that would seem to meet the requirements a defamatory statement, and unless you can show that you have incontrovertible knowledge that he is in fact "lying to buy time," it looks to me that you have made a libelous statement that is actionable. I doubt that DigiTechRep would bother to pursue it in a court of law, but Harmony Central does not approve of people making libelous statements within this forum and has a propensity to ban those who do. You can read up on the subject here.

I would think that someone acting on behalf of Harmony Central would be a little more careful with their accusations; especially one of libel. I doubt that HC would want to hang their hat on a partial quote, so I will provide the entire quote for reference.

>Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne

>OK so you previous post ("replace money with update") was very misleading as the guy in the movie says multiple times "the money has arrived, the money has arrived" and the >update STILL has NOT arrived!

My reply:

>>He's lying to buy time.

>>I guess you need to have seen the movie (or at least more of the scene).

Anyone who has seen the movie or watched the clip (as I suggested in my reply) would know that Walter Matthau is "the guy in the movie" who is lying.

Only a truly myopic read of the quote (or an intentional omission of more than half of it) could result in any other interpretation.

Since the DT rep has never set a deadline, how can he be accused of buying time towards it? The reference to the movie clip was to show how I was feeling like a passenger on Pelham 123; blind to the actual events going on around me. (Which is why the start of the thread begins with "Sometimes I feel like a passenger on Pehlam123" post #1398).

BTW, since this particular part of the conversation was between SpaceAceOne and myself, I am left wondering why Anderton would choose to get involved?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by nmaia
      View Post

I like the way you see things.

I also hope for small frequent updates. Small fixes and a couple of new stuff that would keep us happy and waiting for the next one.

The only thing for me is that a "Huge" product like the iPB-10 surely deserved a bigger team.

I agree moving forward we need to see more updates and more support of this product. I mean this is not a cheap product and should deserve more attention. I would think this is probably one of their most expensive pedals, right? Throw us a bone. We want action not words. I love your product but customer service is what will keep your customers coming back.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
        View Post

I agree moving forward we need to see more updates and more support of this product. I mean this is not a cheap product and should deserve more attention. I would think this is probably one of their most expensive pedals, right? Throw us a bone. We want action not words. I love your product but customer service is what will keep your customers coming back.

One last comment if anyone at DT is listening. You guys put out a great product with the iPB-10 but the potential for what this product could really do is incredible. You most certainly have changed the way guitar interfaces will be moving in the future but now you have the chance to change the whole playing field for pedals in general, think about that.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
          View Post

I am curious to know the basis of your stating that as a fact. According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation that would seem to meet the requirements a defamatory statement, and unless you can show that you have incontrovertible knowledge that he is in fact "lying to buy time," it looks to me that you have made a libelous statement that is actionable. I doubt that DigiTechRep would bother to pursue it in a court of law, but Harmony Central does not approve of people making libelous statements within this forum and has a propensity to ban those who do.

Craig, I appreciate all the info about Apple's approval process, and I appreciate your defense of Digitech Rep, whose contributions here I highly value. I'm also as tired as anyone about the complaints that people keep posting here about the updates. Not that I don't want an update, but it will happen when it happens, I guess is my attitude toward it.

That said, I think you're overreacting to the post by thebioguy. In context, I think it's clear that his statement "he's lying to buy time" is a direct clarification of Walter Matthau's line "the money has arrived" in the video clip he linked to. That was in response to SpaceAceOne's confusion, thinking that "the money has arrived" meant that "the update has arrived" because he didn't get what was going in in the movie at that time.

By posting the link, and relating it to the current situation with the update, he's making an implication about the fact that we the users don't know anything, so DTR could be making up anything he wants to placate us. I personally don't think that's the case, and I think DTR has been nothing but forthright about everything he's told us through this forum, whether it was what someone wanted to hear or not. I think it's a strong statement, and an unfortunate one, but probably not libelous (disclaimer: I'm not an attorney and probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about in most things regarding the law), because he was pretty clearly talking about Walter Matthau's character in the movie and not DTR (at least not directly). If he was talking about DTR directly, then maybe so, but it didn't appear to me that that was the case.

Whether that's a violation of HC Forum rules or decorum, I'll leave to you, but that's my two cents on the statement you are objecting to.

Comment

• Hey folks, sorry for the absence over the week/weekend, I've been busy testing other product that is about to be released and editing the JamMan SoloXT demo video.

Anyhow, I just met with engineering to find out what is going on, since I fully expected the update to be approved and released by now. Apparently there is still a crash with the file restore and they stopped the approval process to fix it.

I know this is stressful and disappointing, it is driving me nuts too! Believe me, catching up on the posts in this thread this morning was quite painful.

I apologize for any angst and stress this may have caused our users.

I'd also like to add that the suggestion to have smaller, more frequent updates is insightful and a great idea. I will push to implement this idea in our iPB-10 meeting tomorrow. However, that being said, the file save/restore feature in the upcoming update is a big deal and affects all areas of the code. So even if this next release were a smaller release, we would still be having the same problems.

Oh, and guys let's please take the tenor ITT down a notch or two. I'd hate for anyone but me to get in to get in trouble about this. This DigiTech's problem and no-one else's. We are trying for the first time in our history to be as open about this process as we are able. You are seeing some warts and growing pains, but they are ours alone.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
              View Post

One last comment if anyone at DT is listening. You guys put out a great product with the iPB-10 but the potential for what this product could really do is incredible. You most certainly have changed the way guitar interfaces will be moving in the future but now you have the chance to change the whole playing field for pedals in general, think about that.

I'm listening and I agree (with both posts).

The iPB-10 IS a great product. It's because we love it that we demand so much from it in the present and so much more from it in the future. Sort of like a parent's love for their child. We see the potential, even if the child is unable to.

Comment

• Thanks Digitechrep for the news. Talking about myself I am looking forward to see the update but I still feel that the IPB 10 is a incredible gear that I am in love with. Hope to hear as soon as you can news about the release of the update and hope is going to make the IPB 10 more powerfull.

Comment

• To me these updates are just a cool thing even though they are delayed sometimes. My old Big Muff never ones received an update :-)

On a side note I just got amazing sound by accident because I deleted the cab-sim from a dirty preset. Now it sounds just like I want it to and no matter what cab I chose earlier it seemed a bit harsh. Except for my clean patch, I've deleted the cab sim on the rest of my presets with great result! Any one else had the same experience? I'm running my IPB through a Bugera v50 tube combo and it sounds soooo smooooth but with loads of punch :-) the Heritage amp + tube screamer mod is a perfect match... Could it be that the cab sims are intended only to be used while usingthe IPB through a PA? Makes sense....

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Foghmar
                    View Post

To me these updates are just a cool thing even though they are delayed sometimes. My old Big Muff never ones received an update :-)

On a side note I just got amazing sound by accident because I deleted the cab-sim from a dirty preset. Now it sounds just like I want it to and no matter what cab I chose earlier it seemed a bit harsh. Except for my clean patch, I've deleted the cab sim on the rest of my presets with great result! Any one else had the same experience? I'm running my IPB through a Bugera v50 tube combo and it sounds soooo smooooth but with loads of punch :-) the Heritage amp + tube screamer mod is a perfect match... Could it be that the cab sims are intended only to be used while usingthe IPB through a PA? Makes sense....

Yes, you generally don't want a cab sim if you're running through a real guitar cabinet.

An annoyance is that when you change your amp sim, a cab sim is always added even when you don't currently have one.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RickyKeith
                      View Post

Yes, you generally don't want a cab sim if you're running through a real guitar cabinet.

An annoyance is that when you change your amp sim, a cab sim is always added even when you don't currently have one.

Yup I must have been fooled by the auto assignemt of a cab. It has a huge impact on the sound, at least on my amp. Should I make copies of my presets with cab-sims added if I would use the ipb with a PA then? I cold see that happen in the future...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Foghmar
                        View Post

On a side note I just got amazing sound by accident...

I just thought of an interesting feature (if only seldom used).

I would be interesting to include a "randomizer" option that creates a random board (including LFO settings). Maybe even with settings to include or exclude particular classes of effects. It might produce interesting starting points.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                          View Post

I would think that someone acting on behalf of Harmony Central would be a little more careful with their accusations; especially one of libel. I doubt that HC would want to hang their hat on a partial quote, so I will provide the entire quote for reference.

You were not accused of libel. I said that "it looks to me" that it was libelous. It is also true that "Harmony Central does not approve of people making libelous statements within this forum and has a propensity to ban those who do." This has happened many times in the past (particularly in the political forum, but let's not go there).

We receive correspondence on a regular basis from manufacturers claiming some comments in the forums or user reviews are libelous, and from lawyers claiming libelous statements have been made and demanding their removal. As a result, I am hyper-sensitive not only to statements that are libelous, but statements that have the appearance of libel, especially when it seemed to clear to me and at least one other forumite that you were drawing a parallel between the situation in the Walter Matthau clip and the situation involving the iPB-10 update.

Not that it should matter, but it did not help that I had been traveling for 15 hours straight, got bumped from a flight and delayed with two other ones, and came home to find the pro reviews infested with spam. So I was not in a good mood.

>Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne

>OK so you previous post ("replace money with update") was very misleading as the guy in the movie says multiple times "the money has arrived, the money has arrived" and the >update STILL has NOT arrived!

My reply:

>>He's lying to buy time.

>>I guess you need to have seen the movie (or at least more of the scene).

Anyone who has seen the movie or watched the clip (as I suggested in my reply) would know that Walter Matthau is "the guy in the movie" who is lying.

Given that your quote of SpaceAceOne closed with his comment about the update not arriving, and your response followed that immediately, it seemed clear to me that your posting of the Walter Matthau clip and your comments were intended to draw a parallel to the situation with the iPB-10 update. You're the one who originally drew that parallel by saying "replace 'money' with 'update'." Furthermore, your previous comment of "But I'm starting to wonder if we are being given the run-around" also implies a lack of honesty (unless you feel "run-around" doesn't have a negative connotation).

However, if your saying "replace 'money' with 'update'" was not intended to draw a parallel between the clip and the update process and that even if it was, you did not intend future statements related to the clip to continue drawing that parallel, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I think you can understand why, given your tying the clip to the update, some people would interpret your comment as being directed (at least obliquely) at DigiTechRep. But if you say there was no attempt to draw a parallel between the two, I will accept that at face value and move on.
                          N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RickyKeith
                            View Post

Agreed on both points. Sometimes I'm changing an amp to see what it sounds like with a cab I've already selected. Now I've gotta go back and re-select the same cab again. Very annoying. A better solution (for amp/cab matching) would be to have a "default cab" button on the amp model somewhere to reinstate it only when desired.

About cab "models" in general. I look at them as simply EQ settings and do use them frequently when run through a real cabinet. I don't think they are truly models in the sense that there is no dynamic element to it - no speaker breakup, no air being pushed (would be cool if that was modeled), no change in harmonics based on amount of input and basically no character other than a fixed EQ. If there's no air and no redline, then it's essentially "dead" and I'll have to depend on my real speaker/cab for character.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
                              View Post

Agreed on both points. Sometimes I'm changing an amp to see what it sounds like with a cab I've already selected. Now I've gotta go back and re-select the same cab again. Very annoying. A better solution (for amp/cab matching) would be to have a "default cab" button on the amp model somewhere to reinstate it only when desired.

About cab "models" in general. I look at them as simply EQ settings and do use them frequently when run through a real cabinet. I don't think they are truly models in the sense that there is no dynamic element to it - no speaker breakup, no air being pushed (would be cool if that was modeled), no change in harmonics based on amount of input and basically no character other than a fixed EQ. If there's no air and no redline, then it's essentially "dead" and I'll have to depend on my real speaker/cab for character.

Thanks for the good points. I think you are spot on with the cabs merely being EQ's. I've tried lowering the gain on a simulated cab and pushing the volume to sort of try to make the cab-sim produce a break-up with no luck... hope it makes sense.

Comment

• Everyone,

I have been following this for awhile and decided I would post something here.

I was wondering if anyone here does any worship music, and if so what kind of tones are you getting from the IPB-10? I am a worship leader but recently I have decided to play some more lead guitar, but I don't really have a good grasp on how to make tones that are quality and good for worship. SO if anyone has any that they'd like to screenshot and share, it would be greatly appreciated!

I love the machine and can't wait for the update that will bring Tap Tempo, assuming that is included in the update!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X