No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
    View Post

I don't know if this the same problem but when I bring up YouTube or music on web it is always much louder than my guitar. I went into the settings to control the levels but nothing seems to help.

I'm still on IOS 5 and I can confirm that the headphone mix is controlled by the XLR mix in the Nexus Settings. But look out if you're playing music through another app while in Nexus and then engage the tuner on the iPB-10, you won't be able to rip the headphones off your head fast enough.

Comment

• Got a couple more patches to post tonight. First up, I finally got a chance to do some tweaking of drewbrothers' Mysterious Ways patch. I think we're getting closer, anyway. Here's a recording of me playing the riff badly with my Strat, SC bridge pickup, all the way up (no 12 string Ricks lying around). See what you think.

http://snd.sc/OuMbHq

One adjustment that made a big difference was moving the envelope filter in front of the chain, right after the compressor.

Comment

• Our band does this song and I spent a lot of time a few years ago on the RP350 getting these sounds the way I wanted them. Then tonight after playing around a bit on the iPB-10, I made a few more tweaks and I think I got even closer to the sound on the recording, so I thought I'd share with y'all.

Sound sample: http://snd.sc/VXBzjF

Using Strat bridge pickup for the "gain" patch, and the bridge and middle pickups for the clean part.

Here are the settings for the Clean and Gain patches I'm using. The amps are AC-30 with 2x12 cab for clean, and 900 JCM with Vintage 4x12 cab for the "gain" patch.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Illinidan
          View Post

I'm still on IOS 5 and I can confirm that the headphone mix is controlled by the XLR mix in the Nexus Settings. But look out if you're playing music through another app while in Nexus and then engage the tuner on the iPB-10, you won't be able to rip the headphones off your head fast enough.

ok, thanks for that info. I thought the mix problem started only with the iOS 6 update. Hopefully, they beta'd with that and took care of it in the elusive "update". Never tried the tuner on headphones so thanks for that warning. Speaking of which, anyone find the tuner to be much less sensitive than would be desired? I find it to be almost useless for anything other than a rough tuning.

I like the Dim patches (though actually don't remember the song), and will probably find a use for them. Mysterious Ways still needs some tweaking, but the first part sounds pretty close. I had a good one for that at one point, but can't seem to find it - must have morphed into something else.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
            View Post

Hey Paka,

I'm sorry things have been busy at work so I have been tied up. I liked but I forgot to try what you said the last time. I will try it tonight with the settings as you described and let you know. Thanks for sharing.

NP, if you get a better tweak on Whole Lotta Love, let me know, cuz I'm still not satisfied myself. The one thing I do like is the overtones on my patch, which really emphasizes the 5ths, which come out strong on the original LZII version. Guess it's time to break out my ancient Starfire VI and try honing in on it with a HB. Not sure it will ever be done on a Strat.

Comment

• Question for Craig Anderton: Since you are the recording guru, can you recommend any DAW apps out there for iPad? GB has very limited editing and mixing capabilities, and it would be nice not to have to port everything over to PC to get these done conveniently. I see Auria out there and wonder what you think of it. Is it too advanced for novice/non-recording engineers like yourself?

Comment

• Watch from 0:30 - 10.

Change "money" to "update"

Enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=w60pjc2pa0w

Comment

• So the update has arrived??? Not here...

No matter how often I slam the check-for-updates button no Nexus-update is showing up for me

Comment

• My iPB-10 arrived later than I wanted it to on Thursday evening. About 20 minutes before band rehearsal. Had no time to do much with it on Thursday except turn it on and run through some of the factory presets. I did this right after rehearsal. I figured that right after shutting down my two tube amps (I run a stereo setup with a vintage Fender and a BadCat) and high end pedal board, this thing would sound thin. However, it sounds brilliant! Way better than I expected. I know that in this world you never get something for nothing, and since the iPB-10 is way more portable and way less expensive there'd be a heavy price to pay sound wise, but that's not the case. This is much more than just passable, I'm excited about using it! I spent the entire evening yesterday tweaking patches to line them up with our cover tunes and I'm stoked. The editing is so easy on this thing, that one doesn't mind it at all. Same as turning knobs on a traditional board - only you can save mulitple close copies and A-B them until you settle on your favorite. I need to tweak some more cover tune patches and then create a couple of basic tones to use (a great clean, just on the edge of breakup, crunch, lead etc.) and I'll be set - hopefully in time to try it out for our next rehearsal. My bandmates don't know I have this, so they'll be shocked when they see me roll in with this under my arm and my setup done in 5 minutes. I'm hoping that with running right into the mixer and being in all the monitors, our overall rehearsal volume will be able to be dropped a bit (less sound, but focused in the right places) as we are a friggin' LOUD band when we rehearse.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                      View Post

So the update has arrived??? Not here...

No matter how often I slam the check-for-updates button no Nexus-update is showing up for me

No, it hasn't. But I'm starting to wonder if we are being given the run-around. Tap the Frog updates almost weekly (the fastest was 3 days between updates!). Whatever the reason for the long (unprecedented?) delay, this doesn't bode we'll for users going forward. I've had a few apps stop working after an update (or iOS update) and needed to wait for the next fix. Imagine that nightmare scenario here! An iPB-10 without Nexus is essentially "dead". Let's hope it works perfectly the first time.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                        View Post

No, it hasn't. But I'm starting to wonder if we are being given the run-around. Tap the Frog updates almost weekly (the fastest was 3 days between updates!). Whatever the reason for the long (unprecedented?) delay, this doesn't bode we'll for users going forward. I've had a few apps stop working after an update (or iOS update) and needed to wait for the next fix. Imagine that nightmare scenario here! An iPB-10 without Nexus is essentially "dead". Let's hope it works perfectly the first time.

OK so you previous post ("replace money with update") was very misleading as the guy in the movie says multiple times "the money has arrived, the money has arrived" and the update STILL has NOT arrived!

However I'm fully with you here.

Being an iOS developer myself I know the review-times for new Apps and updates I'm quite sure that DTRep has not told us the truth here.

No repeated (!) update (!) review takes 2 weeks, not even with every developer now filing their iOS6-updates.

First the "rejected" story and now more than 2 weeks still waiting for an update? Even the Apple review team is not that slow...

Moreover the text for the update (aka the "what's new") is filed when you upload the updated binary to Apple so DTRep could have easily telling us that text = the new features.

Instead some mumbling about "don't want to talk about features not in the final update". Non sense. The developer will know what's in there and what is not.

DTRep: Why not ask your developer to send us a screenshot from iTunesconnect / Manage your application screen where it shows the date and status of the App?

Sorry, but to me this all is a lame vaporware maneuver. It always was and still is. This all stinks...

Comment

• Nothing is ever fast enough these days. Luckily, mine is working great as it is.

Anyhoo, what have you folks come up with for a really nice basic clean tone? Kind of a strat or tele+deluxe reverb thing with the full range of bass to treble getting through? No effects, but strips the hum (or most of it) from the single coils out. Maybe a slight touch of reverb that can be switched on, but is not a big part of the sound. I'm going to work on nailing this today.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Guitfiddl
                            View Post

Anyhoo, what have you folks come up with for a really nice basic clean tone? ...

Let me know what you come up with! For now, I found I tend to use the 18 :1 preset ( Arch Top - Jazz style clean for semi-hollow electric)
                            iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                            My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                              View Post

OK so you previous post ("replace money with update") was very misleading as the guy in the movie says multiple times "the money has arrived, the money has arrived" and the update STILL has NOT arrived!

He's lying to buy time.

I guess you need to have seen the movie (or at least more of the scene).

Comment

• @ Guidfiddl

I'm very much in love with the jazz chorus amp +cab. It sounds huge and I think it's a solid state amp - so no break up. I borrowed one 10-12 years ago and played it for a couple of years and it's a great amp! This ipb-version really sounds exactly as I remember the real thing. It gives my SG a great clean sound!

Comment

Working...
                                X