Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do we know for sure it got denied again? It might be just taking a while. The only reason I say this is because earlier this week he was saying that he thought it would be this week.

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
      View Post

      Do we know for sure it got denied again? It might be just taking a while. The only reason I say this is because earlier this week he was saying that he thought it would be this week.




      I think we cannot expect DigitechRep to run into the forum and tell us that it was denied... Last time he "only" told us after it was resubmited.

      He must had known way before...



      I hope its not the case.



      (sorry for my English)

      Comment








      • Quote Originally Posted by claude77
        View Post

        I guess there is something that it doesn't work on the update they submitted. I know It is frustrating, I am waiting the update and can't wait but I would like to say that if they refuses it, maybe it means digitech needs to solve some issue the apple staff is finding. This is better for us because it means that we will have a better software. I love the ipb 10 and I am sure digitech is doing his best to make us as happy as we want.

        Guys I don't work for digitech I am just trying to explain why we have to wait so long




        I understand what you say.



        But I have to discord.



        I've wrote here about the fact that they should do small steps, small improvements. Solve a couple of bugs at a time.



        Releasing a Major update implies lots of "variables" (like DigitechRep told us). So they're more prune to be denied.



        It was better to keep it simple and do monthly updates.



        What do we have now? Imagine that you didn't know the existence of this Forum... How would you feel about your product? Abandoned...



        So what is better for us after all?



        I really think that constant demonstration of work and support is way better than 7/8 month of inactivity (not saying that they're not working!).



        Just my opinion.

        Comment


        • We have not been rejected again, we are still just waiting.



          Sorry for my lack of participation lately, I am busy with the JamMan SoloXT release.

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
            View Post

            We haven't been rejected again, we are still just waiting.




            Thanks for your reply. :-)

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
              View Post

              I apologize if this has been discussed already but what is everyone's feeling on modeling? How close or real to life are these? To my ear everything sounds great but I also don't own a Marshall, boogie, or a lot of the either amps for that matter. I just am impressed with the range of tones I can get. It seems endless. Do any of you have a Marshal or amps/effectsl that could compare with feedback?




              Well, I can tell you my experience. I started playing guitar in a gigging band a couple of years ago after playing bass most of life. Suddenly I had to get a variety of guitar sounds. I quickly learned that a simple single-channel amp and no effects loop wouldn't cut it - I needed at least two basic sounds (clean+dirty) and the ability to put a volume pedal after the preamp.



              So I got a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special. With a clean and dirty channel, plus an overdrive boost, I could get 3 amp sounds. I got an RP1000 and wired it up using the "4 cable method". I didn't use the amp modeling - seemed like too much work and would make the purchase of the Boogie seem stupid, but I found it difficult to dial in the sounds I needed for the band.



              With the introduction of the iPB-10 I realized right away that I'd be able to much more easily create a patch per song. Trying to do that using the RP1000 interface or the rather dismal RP1000 PC application would have been way too tedious. I got the iPB-10 and lo and behold, was able to create a patch per song and arrange them into a set list for each gig.



              I still found it difficult to dial in the sounds I needed and wanted. So I started to play with modeling. I carefully A/B compared the Mesa Boogie preamp to modeled amps (without any speaker modeling since I was always playing through the Boogie) over a period of time. This is easy to do with the 4 cable wiring method. My conclusion was that the Mesa Boogie preamp distortion was "creamier" than what I could get with the iPB-10 modeling, but I could more easily dial in desired "tones" with the amp modeling, not to mention tailoring the amount of distortion for each song.



              So I switched over to amp modeling, bypassing the Boogie's preamp, and have not looked back. It's quite possible that if the Mesa Boogie offered preset recall of all the knob positions, and perhaps a somewhat more complete equalization section, then I wouldn't use amp modeling.



              To complete the (too long already) story, I realized I didn't need the heavy Mesa Boogie anymore, and besides, the open-back cabinet caused all sorts of acoustic variability from stage to stage, so I decided I could maybe just use a QSC K-10 instead of a guitar amp (disclosure: I work for QSC). I plugged into one and could suddenly hear all sorts of tone and nuance not reproduced by the Boogie. However, I wasn't prepared to go fully in that direction (what if the iPB-10 dies during a gig? I'd still want to get some sort of reasonable tone from the amp), so I picked up a lightweight 200W sealed-enclosure guitar amp from Quilter Labs (disclosure: Pat Quilter founded QSC). Whoa Nelly, that thing pumps out some sound, and it has a darn good sounding overdrive. It's so light, you can put it on a guitar stand to cock it back and point it at your head. And I don't have to worry about tubes blowing (not that I ever blew any on the Boogie).



              So, today, I'm using the iPB-10s amp modeling (and effects, of course), but no speaker modeling, patched in after the preamp of a solid-state sealed enclosure guitar amp. On a few songs I use the guitar amp's preamp instead of modeling - it becomes one of the preamps available to me. I get compliments on my sound! I need to put the Boogie on Craig's List.



              I hope that helps.

              Comment


              • While we're waiting for that update...here's a request for 6 more pedals for the NEXT update. These would REALLY make this unit shine!







                Sorry, a friend posted that to Facebook recently and I couldn't resist sharing here.



                Happy Thursday, everyone!

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by RickyKeith
                  View Post

                  Well, I can tell you my experience. I started playing guitar in a gigging band a couple of years ago after playing bass most of life. Suddenly I had to get a variety of guitar sounds. I quickly learned that a simple single-channel amp and no effects loop wouldn't cut it - I needed at least two basic sounds (clean+dirty) and the ability to put a volume pedal after the preamp.



                  So I got a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special. With a clean and dirty channel, plus an overdrive boost, I could get 3 amp sounds. I got an RP1000 and wired it up using the "4 cable method". I didn't use the amp modeling - seemed like too much work and would make the purchase of the Boogie seem stupid, but I found it difficult to dial in the sounds I needed for the band.



                  With the introduction of the iPB-10 I realized right away that I'd be able to much more easily create a patch per song. Trying to do that using the RP1000 interface or the rather dismal RP1000 PC application would have been way too tedious. I got the iPB-10 and lo and behold, was able to create a patch per song and arrange them into a set list for each gig.



                  I still found it difficult to dial in the sounds I needed and wanted. So I started to play with modeling. I carefully A/B compared the Mesa Boogie preamp to modeled amps (without any speaker modeling since I was always playing through the Boogie) over a period of time. This is easy to do with the 4 cable wiring method. My conclusion was that the Mesa Boogie preamp distortion was "creamier" than what I could get with the iPB-10 modeling, but I could more easily dial in desired "tones" with the amp modeling, not to mention tailoring the amount of distortion for each song.



                  So I switched over to amp modeling, bypassing the Boogie's preamp, and have not looked back. It's quite possible that if the Mesa Boogie offered preset recall of all the knob positions, and perhaps a somewhat more complete equalization section, then I wouldn't use amp modeling.



                  To complete the (too long already) story, I realized I didn't need the heavy Mesa Boogie anymore, and besides, the open-back cabinet caused all sorts of acoustic variability from stage to stage, so I decided I could maybe just use a QSC K-10 instead of a guitar amp (disclosure: I work for QSC). I plugged into one and could suddenly hear all sorts of tone and nuance not reproduced by the Boogie. However, I wasn't prepared to go fully in that direction (what if the iPB-10 dies during a gig? I'd still want to get some sort of reasonable tone from the amp), so I picked up a lightweight 200W sealed-enclosure guitar amp from Quilter Labs (disclosure: Pat Quilter founded QSC). Whoa Nelly, that thing pumps out some sound, and it has a darn good sounding overdrive. It's so light, you can put it on a guitar stand to cock it back and point it at your head. And I don't have to worry about tubes blowing (not that I ever blew any on the Boogie).



                  So, today, I'm using the iPB-10s amp modeling (and effects, of course), but no speaker modeling, patched in after the preamp of a solid-state sealed enclosure guitar amp. On a few songs I use the guitar amp's preamp instead of modeling - it becomes one of the preamps available to me. I get compliments on my sound! I need to put the Boogie on Craig's List.



                  I hope that helps.




                  I'm glad you posted this because I've always wondered what people with Marshalls, Boogie's, and so fouth thought of the amp modeling in regards to how close it was to the real thing. It appears at least to you it wasn't that big of a difference to justify it. I plug into my PA dirrectly at home but wondered if it would make a huge difference if I was plugged into a tube amp. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I love the modeling but then again I don't have anything to compare it too.

                  Comment


                  • Funny, those are pretty good. All kidding aside I wouldn't mind these though.



                    Comment


                    • Ok, so my iPB-10 is still "out for delivery". Im looking forward to being able to contribute ideas and info as others have here (thanks!).



                      To pass time, I've been playing around in the Nexus app. I've noticed that a great many of the tones include a noise suppressor. I've never used one with my traditional tube amp and pedalboard setup.

                      1. Is there a lot of noise if this isn't on?

                      2. Did Digitech model the noise of each pedal, or add a typical noise and then a suppressor to remove it? (seems like a strange thing to do, so not likely).

                      3. Why model the noise in the first place? I could see including the Suppressor in case someone added a noisy device in the external stomp loop. Why not model the pedals characteristics without the noise?

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                        View Post

                        I'm glad you posted this because I've always wondered what people with Marshalls, Boogie's, and so fouth thought of the amp modeling in regards to how close it was to the real thing. It appears at least to you it wasn't that big of a difference to justify it. I plug into my PA dirrectly at home but wondered if it would make a huge difference if I was plugged into a tube amp. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I love the modeling but then again I don't have anything to compare it too.




                        Arrgh! I just posted a 4 paragraph reply to this, but my session must have timed out in the meantime so when I hit post, it prompted me to log back in. When I did, my typing was all gone. That will teach me to type so much!



                        Reader's Digest version: I have owned a couple tube amps. The IPB-10 through a PA won't sound exactly like a tube amp when you're playing and switching back and forth between both, sitting in the same room in your house. However, it sounds an awful lot like a tube amp that's miked up and run through a PA or onto a recording, which if you think about it is how most people hear guitars through amps anyway, either on a CD or the radio, or at a concert. They're not hearing the amp as if they were sitting next to it, they're hearing how it sounds with a microphone stuck in front of it and either recorded and played back through their stereo/earbuds/car speakers, or amplified through PA speakers. I think it does a really good job at simulating what a "miked" guitar amp sounds like.



                        My experience also mirrored RickyKeith's: I could get a few good sounds dialed in through my amps & stompboxes, which would be great for doing all original music and dialing in "my sound", but in a cover band where I'm trying to dial in other guitarists' sounds and changing from song to song, this is a perfect tool, and the sound is more than good enough for my purposes.

                        Comment


                        • Still "Out for Delivery". Is there a way to tell the Stereo effects from Mono? Looking at them on the pedal board page, it seems that the graphic representation of them just has one output jack.

                          Comment


                          • My question though is it a huge difference if you had them next to each other meaning lets say a marshall jcm800 vs modeled Jim800 or is it subtle?

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                              View Post

                              I'm glad you posted this because I've always wondered what people with Marshalls, Boogie's, and so fouth thought of the amp modeling in regards to how close it was to the real thing. It appears at least to you it wasn't that big of a difference to justify it. I plug into my PA dirrectly at home but wondered if it would make a huge difference if I was plugged into a tube amp. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I love the modeling but then again I don't have anything to compare it too.




                              My experience using the iPb-10 is that the unit sounds best when run through a final tube stage amp. It seems to "round out" the somewhat harsh nature of many of the tones, blending them together in a somewhat mysterious way. While I mostly run it into my little Fender SuperChamp XD clean channel (I have not modded this for a full effects loop yet, but sounds great like this), it definitely colors the final tone in a favorable way when compared to say my studio monitors, which tend to bring out all the little digital idiosyncrasies of the amp models. My favorite though rarely used is to run it directly into a pair of Jeff Rowland model 7 tube power amps through a set of Diva ribbon speakers. (Yes, this is a very heavy non-portable high end audiophile system, not normally associated with a guitar rig.) But the sound is nothing short of fantastic and really beats any guitar amp/cab combo I've ever owned or heard. The distortions produced by the amp sims are "emulsified" through the model 7's in a way that is hard to describe and seems to enhance their genuineness bringing out the sounds both cleanly and accurately, but adding intangible richness to the sound. I'm fortunate to have the use of this expensive system since I would never spring for it myself, and since each mono amp weighs about 150 lbs, this system is completely impractical for gigging. But even the SuperChamp accomplishes the polishing effect quite well at more moderate volumes. Down low, the final tube stage (for either of these amps) doesn't seem to impact nearly as much, making it sound closer to a PA, but still better. So, bottom line is: if you're playing at bedroom levels, pretty much anything will work, but I find that at mid output levels, a tube amp is really the way to go.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                                View Post

                                My question though is it a huge difference if you had them next to each other meaning lets say a marshall jcm800 vs modeled Jim800 or is it subtle?




                                I think this question is almost impossible to really answer. The modeled amp is going to be reliant on the stereo system or PA it is put through. If you plant yourself in front of your amp and turn it up to 10 and then put your model through your home iPad stereo, then they won't sound alike at all. The idea is that if you put a mic in front of the amp, then record it, does the modeled amp sound like that through the same system. How else could one compare the two? Sound systems, mic placement, amplifiers, the arena, where you sit, just too many variable unless you delete the something. And then there is the reaction between the guitar and amp. It's like designing your greatest amp sound and sharing it. What your listening through, what guitar you've got, how you play, etc, are all variables that make it impossible to know what your sound will be like to someone else.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X