Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by East Ender
    View Post

    I just bought this for my son for Christmas and was hoping that someone here could recommend a good gig case for this unit. It appears that he is turning me into a professional roadie and now I need the right equipment to do my job well! Thanks!




    We've been using the large Warwick RockCase here at the factory.







    I have all of the DigiTech clinicians outfitted with them. It is kind of big, but it holds the iPB-10, cables, and PSU perfectly.



    For gig bags, personally I've been using the Chrome Citizen with some closed-cell foam on the inside:

    Comment


    • Christmas came early - unboxed this iPB 10 yesterday. So far the sound is amazing, and the controls are pretty intuitive. Be quick when selecting a new bank of presets - you have about 3-4 seconds to select the band before the iPB reverts back to the preset you were coming from. Sound quality so far is great & for the price it's an economical way to expand your tonal range.



      Comment


      • Great review & participation by DigiTechRep as well as the community. Its always refreshing to see this level of manufacturer support. New IPB-10 user here. Bought it yesterday so no comments yet on the sound quality or included pedals, amps etc. Initial impression is very very positive though!



        Not trying to beat an old horse but the iPad as control panel concept IMHO is a winner. Kudos to DigiTech for building a very robust (physically) product with a well thought out interface. It does appear that there might be some planned feature updates along the way as well which is wonderful.



        I have 3 early gripes and I will shamelessly air them here :



        1) ipb-Nexus crashes frequently for me on IOS5. Nothing else running on my 32gb iPad 1 and yet I change from patch to patch and down goes the app... The last update to the app was sometime in October and I see others complaining of these crashes in other forums including DigiTech's own. I find it a little hard to accept that a flagship product like the ipb-10 might be allowed to have such a glaring Achilles heel... Apologies to DigiTech if indeed the issue is resolved and somehow my iPad is not picking up the latest update...



        2) ipb-Nexus should be allowed to expose its user preset files in the iTunes file sharing area. This would be the easiest way to open the app up for community sound sharing. More eloquent options such as upload/download to a cloud-based repository could be envisaged but at the very least please do allow File Sharing in iTunes.



        3) User interface could be improved to make better use of screen real estate. For example, if you are not using any amp & cab simulation the upper screen portion is still blocked by the empty amp & cab placeholders and you have to scroll up & down to see the additional pedals other than the lower 5 that you can see by default. If like me you want to mainly use the pedalboard running in the loop of your tube amp and not worry too much about the amp simulations this could be important for you as well.



        Thanks once again for all the assistance. I look forward to getting an update to the IOS app hopefully soon from DigiTech. Season's greetings to all of you. Cheers

        Comment


        • How is the Cabinet emulation achieved? Cab IRs or EQ curves with an analog HF roll-off at the output?

          Comment


          • IR's

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
              View Post

              IR's




              Thanks for the quick reply! Can you describe how this is all implemented?



              Specifically on the 1/4" ouput jacks, with the switch on the AMP setting? No cab processing or IRs. and are they different IRs than the ones on the XLR outs?

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by Controverse
                View Post

                Thanks for the quick reply! Can you describe how this is all implemented?




                I can't go into tech specifics, sorry.








                Specifically on the 1/4" ouput jacks, with the switch on the AMP setting? No cab processing or IRs. and are they different IRs than the ones on the XLR outs?



                They are the same cab models. When you select the AMP setting it removes the cab models, when you select MIXER it applies the same cab models that you have on the saved pedalboard setup to the 1/4" outputs.

                Comment


                • I had an odd error last night...The iPB 10 was powered on and when I plugged my iPad I got a connection error along with an error number. Unfortunately I was not fast enough to grab paper and ink to write it down. During this time the unit would not switch banks or allow any editing of any kind - it was "stuck" on the preset that I had left off using the night before. I eventually powered off the iPB 10, disconnected the iPad, reconnected the iPad and then powered on the iPB 10 I had no further issues. Sounded and worked great from that point on! If it happens again I'll try to grab the error code.

                  Comment


                  • Yes please get the error code, I'll pass this on to the engineers ASAP.

                    Comment


                    • The 1/4" outputs show the left side as mono. Although it's not indicated there, does the same thing apply with the XLR outs?

                      Comment


                      • Yes, the left XLR output is the mono out.

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by kwicker
                          View Post

                          I had an odd error last night...The iPB 10 was powered on and when I plugged my iPad I got a connection error along with an error number. Unfortunately I was not fast enough to grab paper and ink to write it down. During this time the unit would not switch banks or allow any editing of any kind - it was "stuck" on the preset that I had left off using the night before. I eventually powered off the iPB 10, disconnected the iPad, reconnected the iPad and then powered on the iPB 10 I had no further issues. Sounded and worked great from that point on! If it happens again I'll try to grab the error code.




                          Had this same problem a couple of weeks ago. It may have been from moving and the app too quickly. I'm pretty quick!
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">------<br />
                          <a href="http://www.bon-jersey.com" target="_blank">Bon Jovi Tribute Band</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.richardantonelli.com" target="_blank">My Site</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.rockerdad.org" target="_blank">http://www.rockerdad.org</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.digitech.com/en-US/artists/rich-antonelli" target="_blank">Digitech Artist Page</a><br />
                          <a href="http://daddario.com/DaddarioArtistDetails.Page?ActiveID=3777&amp;Artis tId=41049&amp;tid=3454" target="_blank">D'addario Artist Page</a></div>

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                            View Post

                            Yes, the left XLR output is the mono out.




                            Thank you sir!

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by mck
                              View Post

                              Great review & participation by DigiTechRep as well as the community. Its always refreshing to see this level of manufacturer support. New IPB-10 user here. Bought it yesterday so no comments yet on the sound quality or included pedals, amps etc. Initial impression is very very positive though!



                              Not trying to beat an old horse but the iPad as control panel concept IMHO is a winner. Kudos to DigiTech for building a very robust (physically) product with a well thought out interface. It does appear that there might be some planned feature updates along the way as well which is wonderful.



                              I have 3 early gripes and I will shamelessly air them here :



                              1) ipb-Nexus crashes frequently for me on IOS5. Nothing else running on my 32gb iPad 1 and yet I change from patch to patch and down goes the app... The last update to the app was sometime in October and I see others complaining of these crashes in other forums including DigiTech's own. I find it a little hard to accept that a flagship product like the ipb-10 might be allowed to have such a glaring Achilles heel... Apologies to DigiTech if indeed the issue is resolved and somehow my iPad is not picking up the latest update...



                              2) ipb-Nexus should be allowed to expose its user preset files in the iTunes file sharing area. This would be the easiest way to open the app up for community sound sharing. More eloquent options such as upload/download to a cloud-based repository could be envisaged but at the very least please do allow File Sharing in iTunes.



                              3) User interface could be improved to make better use of screen real estate. For example, if you are not using any amp & cab simulation the upper screen portion is still blocked by the empty amp & cab placeholders and you have to scroll up & down to see the additional pedals other than the lower 5 that you can see by default. If like me you want to mainly use the pedalboard running in the loop of your tube amp and not worry too much about the amp simulations this could be important for you as well.



                              Thanks once again for all the assistance. I look forward to getting an update to the IOS app hopefully soon from DigiTech. Season's greetings to all of you. Cheers




                              Welcome to the forum, MCK!



                              Can't comment on crashes as I'm not experiencing them, but I like your comments about community file sharing. I'm sure if DigiTech has plans along those lines, DigiTechRep can enlighten us!
                              _____________________________________________
                              There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

                              Comment


                              • Mck-great suggestions @ file sharing and custom screen real estate settings. No crashes here ( see earlier post @ funky error MSG) & so far having a blast. At some point would like to see additional pedals and perhaps cabs/amps. Would it be possible to build your own of these in the future? Just thinking of how to make an excellent app that much better!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X