Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want some DECENT SUSTAIN and a FEEDBACK EFFECT... I don't think I'm asking for too much. If DigiTech can't or won't add them in an update, then let them give us a way to purchase the EFFECTS that we want and truly be able to customize our beloved iPB-10 to our satisfaction. Approx. 20 musicians from Tampa and Sarasota gathered around my iPB-10 last Saturday at the club. All really liked the iPB-10 and quite a few had never seen one in person. I'm telling you that a lacking INFINITE SUSTAIN and FEEDBACK EFFECT was a deal breaker for quite a few of them. Many stated they would look into ordering one soon, so the night was really promising for DigiTech...lol. I really hope I can achieve these two much NEEDED EFFECTS soon. Had to vent... lol Stay safe... Rico

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ricovette
      View Post

I just want some DECENT SUSTAIN and a FEEDBACK EFFECT... I don't think I'm asking for too much. If DigiTech can't or won't add them in an update, then let them give us a way to purchase the EFFECTS that we want and truly be able to customize our beloved iPB-10 to our satisfaction. Approx. 20 musicians from Tampa and Sarasota gathered around my iPB-10 last Saturday at the club. All really liked the iPB-10 and quite a few had never seen one in person. I'm telling you that a lacking INFINITE SUSTAIN and FEEDBACK EFFECT was a deal breaker for quite a few of them. Many stated they would look into ordering one soon, so the night was really promising for DigiTech...lol. I really hope I can achieve these two much NEEDED EFFECTS soon. Had to vent... lol Stay safe... Rico

what do you mean when you say sustain / feedback effect? as in Hendrix-like sustain and feedback? are you using an amp, or running direct? I can say speaking from my experience with this unit... I get a surprising amount of sustain and controllable musical feedback with just it, my strat (with a single space humbucker) and the EHX 44 Magnum into a Mesa 1x12 cabinet. not running ear splitting volumes either... I dial in my tones at my apartment. yes, it's a little loud, but nothing that will get me evicted.

can you explain your setup a little more?

Comment

• Rico, as I mentioned in our PM exchange, using a combination of one of the compressor pedals, a distortion pedal, and amp sim gain, will get you plenty of sustain. You can accomplish what you want with the tools already in the iPB-10.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by R2112
          View Post

I know I'm not the guy you asked, but I use my iPB-10 for gigging a lot, too. For me, I have a "main" sound -- primarily chorus and slight reverb -- which I use in conjunction with my amp distortion, switching between clean and distorted channels. In the same patch, I include a Tube Screamer (in case I need a push over the edge), and a flanger. With this one patch, I'm good for about 70% of our songs.

For the "special sounds" -- I use the other free spaces in the same or adjacent bank. This would include patches for:

- U2 songs (given the precise repeats needed, pretty much every song needs it's own patch with a specific delay setting)

- Pink Floyd (not as demanding as U2 -- I created an "Old Floyd" patch that sounds EXACTLY like the Shine On You Crazy Diamond sound, and a "New Floyd" patch)

- An acoustic patch (does a great job making my electric sound like an acoustic)

....and others. I can post a screen shot with my settings if anyone is interested.

Hey, thanks for offering. I've been trying to get a better Floyd and U2 sound than the stock sounds. Would love it if you posted the "Old Floyd" and a decent "Still Haven't Found" sound. The delays on that seem very tricky - is that a double tap? Also interested in "Comfortably Numb" (lead and rhythm) sounds if you or anyone has good ones. Maybe we should wait for the update, since it seems sure to have a patch sharing, but would be very happy to see screen shots of any one of the above - especially the U2. Thanks (and promise not to repeat myself!)

Comment

• [QUOTE=SkyhighRocks;46744658]Hey guys!

What do you think?

http://soundcloud.com/richantonelli/...mix-no/s-DfbaN

QUOTE]

I like it. Nice transitions too! I'd be interested to check it out once you've added in the lead.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
              View Post

Hey, thanks for offering. I've been trying to get a better Floyd and U2 sound than the stock sounds. Would love it if you posted the "Old Floyd" and a decent "Still Haven't Found" sound. The delays on that seem very tricky - is that a double tap? Also interested in "Comfortably Numb" (lead and rhythm) sounds if you or anyone has good ones. Maybe we should wait for the update, since it seems sure to have a patch sharing, but would be very happy to see screen shots of any one of the above - especially the U2. Thanks (and promise not to repeat myself!)

I'd be interested too!

Comment

• I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when using the Pong Delay. I notice that in one patch it pans left to right, as it should but when I used it in another patch it just echoes? Does anyone know what would cause this? I made sure that all the settings on the Pong Delay are exactly the same but still nothing. Any ideas?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                  View Post

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when using the Pong Delay. I notice that in one patch it pans left to right, as it should but when I used it in another patch it just echoes? Does anyone know what would cause this? I made sure that all the settings on the Pong Delay are exactly the same but still nothing. Any ideas?

I'll check my iPB-10 when I get a chance but on first blush it is most likely that the pedal that follows the Pong is mono. Try flipping the pedal order.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                    View Post

I'll check my iPB-10 when I get a chance but on first blush it is most likely that the pedal that follows the Pong is mono. Try flipping the pedal order.

Just to clarify: are you saying that any mono effect in the chain will necessarily remove any prior stereo effects? Never noticed this. If that's the case, then it would be nice to have all effects clearly labeled (somewhere) as stereo or mono. Maybe MediaMan09 could add a column to his webpage that would show this setting.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
                      View Post

CHECK THIS OUT!

Ok, heres a more uplifting note and useful tool for everybody: MediaMan09 from this forum has put together an INCREDIBLE resource for us all to use over here: http://mediaman.hostingsiteforfree.com/ipb/index.html. It's "iPB-10 Ready Reference", an HTML version of the entire iPb-10/Nexus feature set including all the banks, patches, amp sims, cabs and effects. He even has full size screen shots of all 100 patch settings in both performance and edit mode!

Kudos to you MediaMan09 and thanks for this valuable resource!

Well done, MediaMan09!

Hope DT is fine with it and won't request to pull it due to copyright issues...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drewbrothers
                        View Post

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when using the Pong Delay. I notice that in one patch it pans left to right, as it should but when I used it in another patch it just echoes? Does anyone know what would cause this? I made sure that all the settings on the Pong Delay are exactly the same but still nothing. Any ideas?

I just checked this with my iPB-10 and what I first suspected is correct. If you put a mono pedal after a stereo pedal, then your signal will be mono again. Flip the order on the saved pedal chain and you should be back in stereo.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                          View Post

Hope DT is fine with it and won't request to pull it due to copyright issues...

Oh brother.

Comment

View Post

Oh brother.

Which means? "Already done" or "no problem" ?

The unauthorized use of images and brand names is rarely welcome by any company... Even if the original intention of the user was good it might present a product in a way not aligned with the companys brand-, communication- or marketing-strategy... (like the hi-res rear pic still says "Looper control" instead of the final "Footswitch" label...)

Anyway it's a useful overview and I saved a local copy to disk in case it has to disappear from the website

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                              View Post

Which means? "Already done" or "no problem" ?

Meaning, let's not invent problems.

Anyway it's a useful overview and I saved a local copy to disk in case it has to disappear from the website

We are sending the team of lawyers right now.

ETA: MediaMan posted links to his generous iPB-10 work in this very thread months ago, if we had a problem with it we would have done something about it long ago. I'm sure he will be happy that you and paka have re-discovered it.

Comment

View Post

ETA: MediaMan posted links to his generous iPB-10 work in this very thread months ago, if we had a problem with it we would have done something about it long ago. I'm sure he will be happy that you and paka have re-discovered it.

Doesn't hurt to re-post in a long thread like this. I don't remember it. Anyway, MediaMan has agreed to add a column on the stereo/mono to his page, but points out to me in PM that we don't really have a list of which ones are stereo, or do we?

I used to own a GSP2101 and seems to me that all effects had a stereo pass through at least. I'm a little surprised to learn of this seeming oversight. OTOH, maybe most of the stereo effects can be easily put at the end of the chain without muddying the effects, but no way to know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X