Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone created a video showing how to use the iPB-10 to record a guitar track onto the iPad (presumably into Garage Band)? If so - please provide a link - I'd love to see that. I'm new to recording in general (and new to Garage Band) so it would help to get a picture of the main workflow.
    Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
    - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
    - '06 Martin D-16R
    - '07 Little Martin
    - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
    - Marshall JMP-1C
    - Marshall Class 5
    - Marshall DSL401
    - Egnater Tweaker
    - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• in my constant effort to save my aging back, I'm always looking for ways to lighten the load when it comes to hauling gear. as much as I love playing out, I hate hauling crap. I can't bring myself to go direct either - I love the sound of the room too much.

speaking to that, I just got an EHX 44 Magnum. I am going to play my first gig with it this Thursday using the iPB and the 44 with a 1x12. I can't crank it too loud in my apartment, but I have to say... at moderate volumes, this thing is nothing short of amazing. it is LOUD as all get out, and brought that iPB to life. I can't wait to play it on Thursday in a club!

anyone else using one of these things?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MNStratGuy
        View Post

in my constant effort to save my aging back, I'm always looking for ways to lighten the load when it comes to hauling gear. as much as I love playing out, I hate hauling crap. I can't bring myself to go direct either - I love the sound of the room too much.

speaking to that, I just got an EHX 44 Magnum. I am going to play my first gig with it this Thursday using the iPB and the 44 with a 1x12. I can't crank it too loud in my apartment, but I have to say... at moderate volumes, this thing is nothing short of amazing. it is LOUD as all get out, and brought that iPB to life. I can't wait to play it on Thursday in a club!

anyone else using one of these things?

That's awesome. Please keep us updated. I'm seriously considering getting one.

Comment

• I've been following the upgrade for the iPb-10 with a lot of hope. I borrowed the unit from a friend and was able to try it out for a week. Very impressive. I was able to create patches faster than with any other effects board. I own a BP-8, 2112, RP2000, and some of the Behringer V-Amp stuff. I've also owned a GNX3000 and an RP-7. I love the interface of the iPB-10 but it is missing some a key feature that I haven't seen written about yet. We all know that it doesn't do tap tempo and it cuts off tails but not only does it not allow two delays to be set up, it also does not allow the delay time to be changed within the patch itself. There is no pedal control for the delay time. I find this odd. All the other Digitech pedal boards I've owned will allow this ability. Because the RP1000 allows tap tempo, I'm hoping something will be implemented in this upgrade. In fact, this will be the determining point for me to purchase this unit. On stage, doubt if anyone will hear the tails cut from one patch to another but the tap tempo option is a real deal maker/breaker in my opinion.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Stoutsongs
            View Post

We all know that it doesn't do tap tempo it also does not allow the delay time to be changed within the patch itself.

This will be a non-issue.

There is no pedal control for the delay time. I find this odd. All the other Digitech pedal boards I've owned will allow this ability. Because the RP1000 allows tap tempo, I'm hoping something will be implemented in this upgrade. In fact, this will be the determining point for me to purchase this unit. On stage, doubt if anyone will hear the tails cut from one patch to another but the tap tempo option is a real deal maker/breaker in my opinion.

Then, you should be very happy very soon.

Comment

• I feel that you may have let some information about the upgrade slip. And I'm pretty grateful. Thanks.

Comment

• I can't wait for the update. But apple sure is taking their time to approve it. Hopefully they don't reject it for some dumb reason causing us to wait even longer.
                Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
                - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
                - '06 Martin D-16R
                - '07 Little Martin
                - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
                - Marshall JMP-1C
                - Marshall Class 5
                - Marshall DSL401
                - Egnater Tweaker
                - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                  View Post

Then, you should be very happy very soon.

GIGGITY!!

Comment

• How soon? Been 2 weeks since submittal. Been waiting for months.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by TerryMcG
                      View Post

How soon? Been 2 weeks since submittal.

You'll have to ask Apple. I know quite a few iOS developers, and many of them complain about a) approval times, b) not being able to predict when said approval will occur, and in a few cases, c) being rejected for that they feel are unjust reasons involving squelching of competition. (c) could very well be paranoia, but (a) and (b) are fairly common. Then again, some people have had apps approved in days I think a lot depends on workload, and I would assume that companies wanting to get apps ready for the holiday season are standing in line right about now.
                      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• We are back!

Now where is the update

Comment

• We are still waiting on approval.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                            View Post

We are still waiting on approval.

Sorry about that, Apple had to take all their software people off the job of iOS approval in order to help fix the forums.
                            CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                              View Post

Sorry about that, Apple had to take all their software people off the job of iOS approval in order to help fix the forums.

That's funny!

Comment

• Yes, might take some time, but usually it's around 1-2 weeks. That is for NEW Apps!

App-Updates go much faster, usually within a week, max 10 days.

(The latest AppStoreReviewStatus on Apple's developer page says: 95% of updates within 8 days at the moment)

So when did DTRep tell us the update was uploaded? 3 weeks ago? Can't be... (especially we are talking about a well named company and not some mum&pop-shop developer...)

As for fixing the forums: Well meant joke but seriously: 4-5 days full downtime for a forum-software update??? If anyone of my operating staff took that long it would have been the last thing he/she was doing in my department.

Comment

Working...
                                X