Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news: Beer bottle falls on iPB-10 and iPad, All survive

So I involuntarily tested the hypothesis that the proverbial beer spillage on an iPB-10 would be the end of the world for an iPad and the pedalboard. Well my unit and my iPad came through the event without any problems - just a little clean up. The iPad Gorilla glass is tough stuff and liquid hitting the front face of the iPad was the least of my worries. I was much more concerned about the iPB-10. The beer fell about 4 feet to the unit and nothing broke (not even the bottle).

Now I know one occurrence is not statistically relevant, but hopefully this shows that falling/spilling beer does not mean an instantaneous death to an iPB-10 or the docked iPad.

BTW - After playing out again with the iPB-10 I've come to the conclusion that the Gator Cases G-CLUB CONTROL bag is absolutely perfect. I can't imagine any other soft padded bag even comparing. It's like this bag was custom made for the iPB-10.

Comment

• Power problem with the iPad 3 update: The CableJive dockStubz does NOT work to charge the iPad when using an extender cable. I was really hoping that adding the dockStubz (which allows adding external power to the iPad connection) would solve the problem. So at this point it looks like the only way to ensure that the iPad 3 will be charging when used with an extender cable is to make sure the iPad is already about 90% charged before connecting.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Noodler@TGP
        View Post

I have an ART SLA-1 that I've used with my GSP1101 into a 2x12 for a long time. That rig also sounds great with the iPB-10 on the front end, but my whole point of picking up the iPB-10 was to get more portable and leave the rack behind. So I'm now running the iPB-10 into the power section of a G-K ML/E head (which sounds phenomenal and is only 7 lbs). I've been reading up on the EH Magnum 44 to see if that might be an option to get even more portable.

I have tested the iPB-10 into a pair of Yamaha MSR250 PA speakers. It's good, but it doesn't have the same "punch you in the gut"/in-room feel as a guitar cabinet. My cabinets though use full-range speaker drivers, so they're not your typical guitar cabinet.

Thanks for the info

I've also considered the EH 44 Magnum. Certainly plenty of options out there.

Comment

• I've had a look at the EH 44 Magnum over the last couple of days through various forums and youtube and am seriously thinking about getting one as a power amp to the iPB-10. My concern was the amount of clean headroom but from what I've read the 44 has plenty of headroom and needs to be turned up quite loud to get it to break up.

The other problem is that they are about $250, possibly more, here in Australia so it looks like I'm off to ebay.

Quite a few posts I read had users running it with a modeller as a pre amp so it should be interesting.

One other thing and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it would be good to be able to load RP-1000 patches or transfer them into the nexus app. Sometimes I like to check out other users tones and see what their take on a certain sound or artist is. I know there's been talk of a patch exchange but I figure we've got all these RP-1000 patches already out there and being that the iPB-10 and RP-1000 are quite similar it couldn't be that hard.......could it??

Comment

View Post

Power problem with the iPad 3 update: The CableJive dockStubz does NOT work to charge the iPad when using an extender cable. I was really hoping that adding the dockStubz (which allows adding external power to the iPad connection) would solve the problem. So at this point it looks like the only way to ensure that the iPad 3 will be charging when used with an extender cable is to make sure the iPad is already about 90% charged before connecting.

Just to be clear - I understand it won't charge it up (and I've found a similar result with some USB extension cables). But it should help to maintain a fully charged iPad3, right? Or at least prevent it from draining as rapidly?
            Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
            - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
            - '06 Martin D-16R
            - '07 Little Martin
            - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
            - Marshall JMP-1C
            - Marshall Class 5
            - Marshall DSL401
            - Egnater Tweaker
            - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
              View Post

The update has been submitted to Apple, we are waiting for approval. I've been busy with other matters this week.

When can we expect the update to hit, and what features will it contain?

Comment

• Everybody is waiting, we can just make some expectations but can't go too far from them.

Following this thread I can sum up the most asked features:

1: tap tempo for delay

2: built in looper

3: the possibility to add more then 1 OD/Dist in the same chain.

Many other things have been asked but those are the most ones. At least this is what I believe

Comment

• Agreed. I've been following this forum closely for about 9 months now The other things I'm eagerly anticipating:

4. Online patch sharing

5. easier organizing/reordering of patches (drag/drop?)

Can Digitech rep give us a hint on #1-5??

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof
                    View Post

Just to be clear - I understand it won't charge it up (and I've found a similar result with some USB extension cables). But it should help to maintain a fully charged iPad3, right? Or at least prevent it from draining as rapidly?

Unfortunately, no. Not only doesn't the iPad 3 charge with the extender cable present, but it will continue to deplete the battery. This is a non-issue for me when gigging since I don't use the extender cable in that situation. I'm only using the cable when I'm tweaking my setup at home or during practice - and even then, the iPad has a ton of battery life and lasts for hours anyhow.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Spacelord_78
                      View Post

One other thing and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it would be good to be able to load RP-1000 patches or transfer them into the nexus app. Sometimes I like to check out other users tones and see what their take on a certain sound or artist is. I know there's been talk of a patch exchange but I figure we've got all these RP-1000 patches already out there and being that the iPB-10 and RP-1000 are quite similar it couldn't be that hard.......could it??

It would be great if RPXplor would be updated to include the iPB-10.

Comment

• Feature request: I really need/want the ability to have at least 2 EQs in the signal chain. I like to have an EQ early in the chain to shape my tone and a EQ at the end of the chain to tailor the sounds to the room I'm in. I'd really like to see a global EQ added to the system that isn't patch specific. The GSP1101 has this, why not the iPB-10?

Comment

View Post

It would be great if RPXplor would be updated to include the iPB-10.

Exactly.

Never knew about that program, good idea though!

Comment

• Okay - so I picked up a new IPB-10 last night with GC's 15% off Labor Day coupon. Only had a few minutes to play with it last night - but I love it. Sounds great immediately - already found usable patches, and as mentioned many times, the GUI with the iPad is just killer. So fun, and I geek out a little bit messing with it. LOL. I also called up some songs on my iPad and jammed along with them, which was a big factor in my decision - no more messing with an additional ipod/iphone plugged into an Aux In jack, etc. Can't wait to see what's coming with the new update!

An IPAD 3 Note: My ipad 3 doesn't fit well. I have a sort-of thick skin on the back of my ipad, and a screen protector on the front. When the tray is out of the IPB, I can get it to fit but it's a VERY snug fit. But when I mount the tray in the IPB, I guess there's not enough give in the tray at that point and I just can't get the iPad3 to fit without really pressing harder than I'd like. I looked on the back of the tray and it says "compatible with 2nd generation iPad" but nothing about the 3. I know (think) the 3's are slightly thicker, and wonder if that, plus the additional skins I have are making it just too thick. ??? It's not a show-stopper though, because I just put the 1st Gen tray in there, and while there's a little bit of gap around the edges, it fits nice and comfortably and when the bracket is down and locked, the ipad doesn't move. So that's fine for me for now.
                            Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
                            - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
                            - '06 Martin D-16R
                            - '07 Little Martin
                            - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
                            - Marshall JMP-1C
                            - Marshall Class 5
                            - Marshall DSL401
                            - Egnater Tweaker
                            - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof
                              View Post

An IPAD 3 Note: My ipad 3 doesn't fit well. I have a sort-of thick skin on the back of my ipad, and a screen protector on the front. When the tray is out of the IPB, I can get it to fit but it's a VERY snug fit. But when I mount the tray in the IPB, I guess there's not enough give in the tray at that point and I just can't get the iPad3 to fit without really pressing harder than I'd like. I looked on the back of the tray and it says "compatible with 2nd generation iPad" but nothing about the 3. I know (think) the 3's are slightly thicker, and wonder if that, plus the additional skins I have are making it just too thick. ??? It's not a show-stopper though, because I just put the 1st Gen tray in there, and while there's a little bit of gap around the edges, it fits nice and comfortably and when the bracket is down and locked, the ipad doesn't move. So that's fine for me for now.

It's definitely a problem due to the skins/protectors you're using. I just have an easily removable case for mine so I can pop it in and out. If you want to keep your skins on the iPad you might consider modifying the tray to allow for more thickness. It looks like the black cushion pads could be removed from the tray and replaced with something thinner, but still provides sufficient cushion.

Comment

• Use the tray for the iPad 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X