Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
    View Post

It took hours of arduous effort but we were able to add what you need (it was already in the iPB-10) . Since the iPad can't take screen shots, here is a craptacular cell-phone pic:

The EQ is found under the "Other" pedals menu.

This gives me the opportunity to let everyone know that they can download our iPB-Nexus App from the Apple App store for free. Having the App under your fingertips will help solidify a lot of the GUI/NAV concepts that Anderton and I have been discusssing ITT.

I wrote an earlier response, but for some reason, it is not showing up.. First, Thanks for responding, but I am aware of the Semi parametric EQ currently in Nexus.

I was just saying that Anderton had mentioned in a thread about making Amp Sims sound analog, and using a full parametric, can rid unwanted frequencies by using the sweep technique. It seemed like a great way for the ipad to be utilized and would be great to see a 5 or 10 band full parametric added to Nexus in a future upgrade.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st
      View Post

Yes, but I wonder why you chose 1 specific device to go with this. There are only 2 versions of the ipad...

So that means ipad or nothing.

DigiTechRep already said it - QoS from Apple and "Pick a horse and ride it". IMHO the QoS is the biggest reason, and if you respect DigiTech, then there was a ton of thought put into that decision.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jerryratpack
        View Post

I was just saying that Anderton had mentioned in a thread about making Amp Sims sound analog, and using a full parametric, can rid unwanted frequencies by using the sweep technique. It seemed like a great way for the ipad to be utilized and would be great to see a 5 or 10 band full parametric added to Nexus in a future upgrade.

Gotcha. One band takes care of things most of the time, sometimes I have to go to two. Tell you what - let's make this review really interactive! If you can name one of the models that you think needs improvement, I'll have at it and see what I can do to sweeten it up.
        There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jerryratpack
          View Post

I wrote an earlier response, but for some reason, it is not showing up.. First, Thanks for responding, but I am aware of the Semi parametric EQ currently in Nexus.

Hey jerryratpack - your post is visible now, it was sandwiched in between around a dozen spam posts and got caught in the crossfire - they were all suppressed (we assume most people interested in the iPB-10 are not interested in imitation Coach handbags, counterfeit Ugg boots, and ads for really, really bad pron) and yours was too. Fixed.

Actually, the "semi-parametric vs. full parametric" isn't quite as much of an issue here as you do have three choices for Q. Most "semi-parametric" EQs are called that because you can't vary the Q at all, whereas with full parametrics, the Q is variable. So I guess the one in the iPB-10 should be called a "kinda full but also kinda semi" parametric.
          There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by schnizeer
            View Post

Hi everyone.

Just joined. Got my IPB-10 last week and used it live the first night. Pretty much kept it to 3 factory settings to see what it can do. Used patch 5:2 Metal Head for distortion, 7:3 Funky Clean, and 9:2 Stevie Ray for blues. I am blown away by the sound and how easy setup is. I am interested in this forum because apparently you have a digitech reps ear. Two suggestions for digitech. Foot pedal access to the tuner and the ability to link more than 2 distortion pedals in the chain, maybe i can do this haven't figured it out yet. I am also completely paranoid about my ipad being on the ground. I am gonna talk to a plastics guy about a cover, I'll let you know how that turns out. I already know that magnets won't work to secure it so I'll have to go with some kind of posts. It does work fine without the ipad, but when turning pedals on and off the visual is convenient. I bought a 6 foot dock extender for my ipad and am convinced this is a must! Would like to know if people have gotten any cool sounds out of this. Trying to get a Tom Schulz Boston Sound, any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hey Schnizeer ,

Foot Access to tuner :

Hold down the preset button like you are going into Bypass, but keep it held down, and the tuner will appear

Multiple Distrotion:

I agree and I would like to see Multiple everything if possible. I know there is DSP limitations though.

Boston sound:

Mannydingo ( screen name ) I think can help you out here. He knows digitech well. He does not have an IPB 10 but probably can get you close. He posts here and thestompbox.net

Hope this helps

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
              View Post

Hey jerryratpack - your post is visible now, it was sandwiched in between around a dozen spam posts and got caught in the crossfire - they were all suppressed (we assume most people interested in the iPB-10 are not interested in imitation Coach handbags, counterfeit Ugg boots, and ads for really, really bad pron) and yours was too. Fixed.

Actually, the "semi-parametric vs. full parametric" isn't quite as much of an issue here as you do have three choices for Q. Most "semi-parametric" EQs are called that because you can't vary the Q at all, whereas with full parametrics, the Q is variable. So I guess the one in the iPB-10 should be called a "kinda full but also kinda semi" parametric.

HAHA .. Gotcha ! Figures my post gets in with that bunch !

I do see what you mean by this. ( still would be nice for a full sweep though)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                View Post

Gotcha. One band takes care of things most of the time, sometimes I have to go to two. Tell you what - let's make this review really interactive! If you can name one of the models that you think needs improvement, I'll have at it and see what I can do to sweeten it up.

OK Great ! Over the weekend I will go back into the IPB and see which one could use some eq work.

Thanks !

Comment

View Post

2 distortion pedals in the chain

This may come in a future update, but also remember that you can use your amp sims in conjunction with your pedal distortions to achieve stacked tones.

I am also completely paranoid about my ipad being on the ground.

Don't be; it is quite difficult to get your foot in the dock area (by design) and there is a seal around the latch to prevent any spills from getting into the iPad. Any liquid just drains away from the iPad to the bottom of the iPB-10's chassis. I've actually been planning on making a video showing how the iPB-10 handles spills, it's just pretty far down on my to do list.

I bought a 6 foot dock extender for my ipad and am convinced this is a must!

Let me know if that works for you, all of the extenders that we have tested drop power and lose connection with the iPB-10. This is why we didn't offer one with the iPB-10, just too unreliable.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                    View Post

It is quite difficult to get your foot in the dock area (by design)

Looking back over the photos I did earlier in the thread, they make the dock area look shallower than it is because I was trying to show the iPad in action. If the weather's okay in the next day or two (my "photo studio" uses natural light) I'll take a shot that gives a better idea of the iPad depth compared to the latch.

Also...I'd like to give some public props to DigiTechRep, who totally gets the concept of a Pro Review. I really think these kind of reviews benefit greatly from the "open source" nature, particularly your comments and manufacturer input.

Comment

This review is awesome. I've been reaserching the iPB-10 for a couple months now hoping to find reviews that are more than just basic demonsrtations. The level of info here has definitely helped me make up my mind to buy the iPB-10.

Great work.

Comment

Had a plexi-glass cover made in case something is dropped on the screen. Put a slight bend in it so it sits pretty snug over the screen, used 4 rubber feet to prevent sliding. The dock extender I am using is the CableJive dockXtender and haven't had any problems yet. I will let you know if I do.

Comment

View Post

Had a plexi-glass cover made in case something is dropped on the screen. Put a slight bend in it so it sits pretty snug over the screen, used 4 rubber feet to prevent sliding. The dock extender I am using is the CableJive dockXtender and haven't had any problems yet. I will let you know if I do.

Can you post a pic of this?
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">------<br />
                          <a href="http://www.bon-jersey.com" target="_blank">Bon Jovi Tribute Band</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.richardantonelli.com" target="_blank">My Site</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.rockerdad.org" target="_blank">http://www.rockerdad.org</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.digitech.com/en-US/artists/rich-antonelli" target="_blank">Digitech Artist Page</a><br />
                          <a href="http://daddario.com/DaddarioArtistDetails.Page?ActiveID=3777&amp;Artis tId=41049&amp;tid=3454" target="_blank">D'addario Artist Page</a></div>

Comment

As promised...here are some photos.

The first one shows how the footswitches are angled at the front, which naturally puts your foot in a "heel-back" position that makes it harder to rock forward and touch the top of the iPad. You would have to work at it to get your toe in there.

This next picture shows the depth around the back and right side of the iPad, in terms of it being recessed into the unit.

The last picture shows the depth around the back and left side of the iPad.

So I have to say that while putting an iPad on the floor isn't my favorite concept of all time, I do think DigiTech has done a pretty good job of making it difficult to hit by mistake.

The idea of an easily detachable plexiglas top would be a good one, but the retainer bar being curved complicates that. Putting a piece of plexiglas on the bottom would probably defeat the "seal" that DigiTechRep mentions in terms of beer-proofing the unit. The best option I could think of would be a piece of plexiglas that was hinged on the back of the unit so it could fold over the top of where the iPad is, although the curve would prevent it from having a tight fit along the lower part where the footswitches are.

Comment

Be happy to, but don't know how. When I click on insert image it asks for an http:// and I get lost there. Sorry, not too techno savy. I took the pic on my Ipad and would be happy to share it. Please advise.

Comment

View Post

Be happy to, but don't know how. When I click on insert image it asks for an http:// and I get lost there. Sorry, not too techno savy. I took the pic on my Ipad and would be happy to share it. Please advise.

Here's what I do...go to www.imgur.com, it's a free service. You can upload a picture from your computer to the site. When you do, you'll see a listing of possible URLs. Choose the one for BBCode (message boards and forums). It looks something like this:

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/70UCi.jpg[/IMG

Copy this and paste it into your post, and voila - the picture appears.

(The only reason the link above doesn't show a picture is because I modified it by removing the start and end brackets so nothing would appear, and you could see the format of the link but without the start and end brackets.)

Comment

Working...
                                X