No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
    View Post

Any update on the update? ~2 weeks passed by...

Uh, no It has been 7 working days. But we are on schedule.

Comment

• Lol, did not expect to count the mentioned 2 weeks in 14 working days but good to hear you are still on track!

Comment

• Juts thought I'd mention that seeing how DigiTechRep operates, he'll probably announce the update here as soon as it's available. So, if you have an iPB-10, you might want to subscribe to this thread (if you're not doing so alread)y so you can find out immediately when the update arrives.
        Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• I'm new to the forum, but I've checked it out for the past few days and found several helpful posts. I saw an earlier post that had the same question I have, but I never saw an answer. How do the LFOs work? I know how to assign them, but I'm not clear on how they're enabled.

Comment

• I don't have my iPB-10 sitting in front of me, but IIRC once you have configured the LFO and assigned it to a pedal in the chain, whenever that particular pedal is active, the LFO controlling it is also active.

Comment

• After living with my iPB-10 now for about 3 weeks or so I've come to the conclusion that DigiTech made a mistake in the user interface integration with the iPad. It should be "single tap" to make a device/pedal larger (or give it focus) and a "double tap" to bring up the equipment selection screen. I find myself accidentally ending up in the equipment selection screen quite often since it only takes a single errant tap. The equipment selection screen forces you to hit "done" to get out of it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Noodler@TGP
                View Post

I don't have my iPB-10 sitting in front of me, but IIRC once you have configured the LFO and assigned it to a pedal in the chain, whenever that particular pedal is active, the LFO controlling it is also active.

Thanks Noodler, but I still cannot get this to work for me. I'm using the factory SRV patch (at work, so I don't recall the bank/tone), which is already config'd for the LFO, but I don't see it working. I assume that the expression pedal should now toggle through for the vol, wah, and lfo. Is that not the case. I also agree on your point on single vs double tapping the effects to zoom in! That's thrown me off on a few occasions.

Comment

• As far as I understand the LFOs on the iPB-10, they are "automatic" and not controllable via the expression pedal. The LFO is configured for a particular pedal so that it will automatically sweep through the user configured parameter for the pedal when active.

Comment

View Post

After living with my iPB-10 now for about 3 weeks or so I've come to the conclusion that DigiTech made a mistake in the user interface integration with the iPad. It should be "single tap" to make a device/pedal larger (or give it focus) and a "double tap" to bring up the equipment selection screen. I find myself accidentally ending up in the equipment selection screen quite often since it only takes a single errant tap. The equipment selection screen forces you to hit "done" to get out of it.

Yeah, I too have a HUGE problem with this, as well as with several other Nexus features. So far, I've reserved further complaints in hopes that they will be taken care of in the impending update. Too late to make additional changes on that one, in any case...

A related BIGGER problem is trying to hit the tiny pinpoint of the footswitch stomp button on many of the effect graphics. If you miss that tiny button, it pops up the equip selector. Even if single tap makes the image larger as you suggest, it will still cause unintended consequences when missing that tiny button. IMO, it should be that if you hit anywhere on the bottom half of the pedal (regardless of the size of the virtual stomp button), it should toggle the switch. This is true for those effects with large buttons already, but should be made true for ALL effects. They should reserve the single tap solely for toggling an effect on/off. I agree with you that they should make it a double tap to bring up the equipment selector. And to resize the pedal graphics, they should make it a reverse pinch gesture to expand, and a pinch to contract. This would be more intuitive, more consistent with standardized iPad user interface, and would make it nearly impossible to get somewhere you weren't intending. I'm really hoping these needed improvements (and several others) have already found their way into the upcoming release. But I'm not holding my breath...

Comment

• Thanks again Noodler. I'll take another look and see if it is working as you described.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
                        View Post

A related BIGGER problem is trying to hit the tiny pinpoint of the footswitch stomp button on many of the effect graphics. If you miss that tiny button, it pops up the equip selector. Even if single tap makes the image larger as you suggest, it will still cause unintended consequences when missing that tiny button. IMO, it should be that if you hit anywhere on the bottom half of the pedal (regardless of the size of the virtual stomp button), it should toggle the switch. This is true for those effects with large buttons already, but should be made true for ALL effects. They should reserve the single tap solely for toggling an effect on/off. I agree with you that they should make it a double tap to bring up the equipment selector. And to resize the pedal graphics, they should make it a reverse pinch gesture to expand, and a pinch to contract. This would be more intuitive, more consistent with standardized iPad user interface, and would make it nearly impossible to get somewhere you weren't intending. I'm really hoping these needed improvements (and several others) have already found their way into the upcoming release. But I'm not holding my breath...

You beat me to the punch! I was just about to put up a post about this problem. I understand that it's more "realistic" to only have the pedal activated if the switch is pressed, but I find myself missing it sometimes and then I end up in the dreaded equipment selector screen again.

Comment

• I've been getting deeper into tweaking my tones to really try to dial-in the iPB-10 as my "go to" rig for playing out. I've been bouncing between different real speaker cabs to team with the iPB-10 and in my testing I've noticed a strange occurrence with the cabinet models on the iPB-10. I can clearly hear a difference when I switch between cab models in the equipment selector, BUT if you delete the cab one would assume that there would no longer be any cabinet emulation added to the tone. However, what I've found is that it seems like if you delete the cabinet model the tone reverts to using the default cabinet for the selected amp. You can test this by selecting the default cabinet, playing a bit, and then deleting the cab. For me it seems like the tone is barely changing (if at all). Maybe it's because I'm used to the GSP1101 where if you remove the cab it's very obvious that there's no cabinet in the modeling chain (same goes for Line 6 stuff).

I played with the mixer switch on the back of the iPB-10 to try and determine if it controls whether the cab models are applied or if it's just performing an EQ adjustment for whether you're going into the front of an amp or a "mixer". After some testing my assumption is that it's just an EQ adjustment and doesn't have any effect on the cabinet models. Anyone have additional info on exactly what the mixer switch is doing "behind the scenes"?

Comment

View Post

I played with the mixer switch on the back of the iPB-10 to try and determine if it controls whether the cab models are applied or if it's just performing an EQ adjustment for whether you're going into the front of an amp or a "mixer". After some testing my assumption is that it's just an EQ adjustment and doesn't have any effect on the cabinet models. Anyone have additional info on exactly what the mixer switch is doing "behind the scenes"?

Sometimes when you are running an FRFR system or purely direct into a PA it will still sound a little harsh even with the cab sims engaged. The mixer switch is an extra hardware cab sim to help remedy this problem.

Comment

View Post

You beat me to the punch! I was just about to put up a post about this problem. I understand that it's more "realistic" to only have the pedal activated if the switch is pressed, but I find myself missing it sometimes and then I end up in the dreaded equipment selector screen again.

DigitechRep, do you happen to know if these issues are resolved in the release in progress? If not, any plans for eliminating this in the future?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
                                View Post

DigitechRep, do you happen to know if these issues are resolved in the release in progress? If not, any plans for eliminating this in the future?

The next release is already pretty set, and has been for a while. Any changes to the UI would have to wait unitil the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X